Jump to content

Put Your Name to the Watson/Darnold/Draft Qb Dilemna!


Which of the following Qb scenarios are you in favor of.  

220 members have voted

  1. 1. Which of the following Qb scenarios are you in favor of

    • Roll with Sam (no 5th yr)and keep all our picks sign FA Qb to compete
    • Stay at #2 and select Fields or Wilson and keep picks
    • Try and trade out & get more picks (50/50 chance you get a team to move up)
    • Send #2; ‘22 #1 and ‘23 #1 for Watson and build around him


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I vote for , enough of all of this Watson talk. This is what we used to call in the past, fake news.

Me reading all the people who don't want to trade for Watson:

Hello. All those that voted to keep Sam, please step forward to receive your complimentary vasectomy. Thank you.

Posted Images

Ranked-choice voting:

1. Send #2; ‘22 #1 and ‘23 #1 for Watson and build around him

2. Try and trade out & get more picks (50/50 chance you get a team to move up)

3. Roll with Sam (no 5th yr)and keep all our picks sign FA Qb to compete 

Nooooooooooooooooooo: Stay at #2 and select Fields or Wilson and keep picks

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

I vote for , enough of all of this Watson talk.

This is what we used to call in the past, fake news.

Did you make this statement on all the other threads?

Link to post
Share on other sites

my preference: 
1) Get Watson

2) get Fields and hope he’s the goods. 

What I think will happen:

We trade down and roll with Sam. Probably bring in one of the 49ers qbs and act like that’s legit vet competition. Act surprised when it doesn’t work out and hope there is a qb prospect we can trade up for in next year’s draft. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Ill take either: draft zach wilson 

or

Trade down, trade darnold, sign beathered and let him and morgan battle for the qb spot, address qb in 2022 draft

Well then vote the Wilson option. Let’s get a sense of what folks want. I can’t keep up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My options at this time (I reserve the right to change my mind in 5 minutes):

1. Trade the #2 pick, the Seattle first in 2022, and Darnold for DW. If they want more picks, tell 'em to trade that #2 back for a mint.

2. If Houston won't do that, trade the #2 pick back for more picks. I'd also trade Darnold in a heartbeat for a 3rd rounder, if it can be gotten.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

all in on watson but if we do stick with sam i'd say bring in jameis winston to compete. at least he can throw tds and is fun to watch. 

He’ll be staying in NO under Sean Payton. You could see Brees encouraging him to step up next year and take the reigns.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

my preference: 
1) Get Watson

2) get Fields and hope he’s the goods. 

What I think will happen:

We trade down and roll with Sam. Probably bring in one of the 49ers qbs and act like that’s legit vet competition. Act surprised when it doesn’t work out and hope there is a qb prospect we can trade up for in next year’s draft. 

My exact thoughts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Are you actually offering to fondle my junk? 

Me = judicial. joewilly12 is my henchman. He will be the one providing the pre-procedure exams, doing the procedures, and doing the follow up massages. PM him for details. Tell him SAR sent you.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheClashFan said:

My options at this time (I reserve the right to change my mind in 5 minutes):

1. Trade the #2 pick, the Seattle first in 2022, and Darnold for DW. If they want more picks, tell 'em to trade that #2 back for a mint.

2. If Houston won't do that, trade the #2 pick back for more picks. I'd also trade Darnold in a heartbeat for a 3rd rounder, if it can be gotten.

So you want to trade the 2nd pick, and Sam?! Who’s playing QB for us next year lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

My vote is to let Joe Douglas deal with this opportunity - that’s what he gets paid for. Hope he makes the right decision!

Well we’re on a Jets message board and there’s a long way till the draft in April. So we can have some fun and speculate ok? LOL but yes ultimately there’s one man making these tough decisions 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Draft Watson. The Jets clearly have no clue how to draft and develop their own QB - might as well import one.

When you say “the Jets have no clue” who are you referring to? The owners? Cause there the only ones left from previous regimes. Douglas, Saleh, and Lafleur will be in charge of developing the new QB. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watson is a game changer, meaning HE CHANGES THE GAME.

He instantly locks down the position, the most valuable position on the field. If we can get him with the resources we have without  depleting our resources completely, how do you not entertain it?

Premium player, premium position, requires premium compensation.

It just feels good knowing that we have plenty of resources to be considered in the running.

Whatever happens, this is the most exciting offseason I can remember. A hell of a lot better than watching the Jets in 2020 unfortunaltley.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rhg1084 said:

When you say “the Jets have no clue” who are you referring to? The owners? Cause there the only ones left from previous regimes. Douglas, Saleh, and Lafleur will be in charge of developing the new QB. 

The Jets haven't figured out how to solve the QB spot the last 40 years and 12 regimes - I'm sure this one will be different.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

The Jets haven't figured out how to solve the QB spot the last 40 years and 12 regimes - I'm sure this one will be different.

So they’ll never hit on a QB because they’re the Jets? LOL ok got it sounds about right 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...