Put Your Name to the Watson/Darnold/Draft Qb Dilemna!

32EBoozer

Which of the following Qb scenarios are you in favor of.  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Qb scenarios are you in favor of

• Roll with Sam (no 5th yr)and keep all our picks sign FA Qb to compete
    • Stay at #2 and select Fields or Wilson and keep picks
    • Try and trade out & get more picks (50/50 chance you get a team to move up)
    • Send #2; ‘22 #1 and ‘23 #1 for Watson and build around him

my preference: 
1) Get Watson

2) get Fields and hope he’s the goods. 

What I think will happen:

We trade down and roll with Sam. Probably bring in one of the 49ers qbs and act like that’s legit vet competition. Act surprised when it doesn’t work out and hope there is a qb prospect we can trade up for in next year’s draft. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Ill take either: draft zach wilson 

or

Trade down, trade darnold, sign beathered and let him and morgan battle for the qb spot, address qb in 2022 draft

Well then vote the Wilson option. Let’s get a sense of what folks want. I can’t keep up.

My options at this time (I reserve the right to change my mind in 5 minutes):

1. Trade the #2 pick, the Seattle first in 2022, and Darnold for DW. If they want more picks, tell 'em to trade that #2 back for a mint.

2. If Houston won't do that, trade the #2 pick back for more picks. I'd also trade Darnold in a heartbeat for a 3rd rounder, if it can be gotten.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, CotcheryifyouCan said:

all in on watson but if we do stick with sam i'd say bring in jameis winston to compete. at least he can throw tds and is fun to watch. 

He’ll be staying in NO under Sean Payton. You could see Brees encouraging him to step up next year and take the reigns.

34 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

my preference: 
1) Get Watson

2) get Fields and hope he’s the goods. 

What I think will happen:

We trade down and roll with Sam. Probably bring in one of the 49ers qbs and act like that’s legit vet competition. Act surprised when it doesn’t work out and hope there is a qb prospect we can trade up for in next year’s draft. 

My exact thoughts!

1 hour ago, TheClashFan said:

My options at this time (I reserve the right to change my mind in 5 minutes):

1. Trade the #2 pick, the Seattle first in 2022, and Darnold for DW. If they want more picks, tell 'em to trade that #2 back for a mint.

2. If Houston won't do that, trade the #2 pick back for more picks. I'd also trade Darnold in a heartbeat for a 3rd rounder, if it can be gotten.

So you want to trade the 2nd pick, and Sam?! Who’s playing QB for us next year lol

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

My vote is to let Joe Douglas deal with this opportunity - that’s what he gets paid for. Hope he makes the right decision!

Well we’re on a Jets message board and there’s a long way till the draft in April. So we can have some fun and speculate ok? LOL but yes ultimately there’s one man making these tough decisions 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Draft Watson. The Jets clearly have no clue how to draft and develop their own QB - might as well import one.

When you say “the Jets have no clue” who are you referring to? The owners? Cause there the only ones left from previous regimes. Douglas, Saleh, and Lafleur will be in charge of developing the new QB. 

• Post of the Week 1

Watson is a game changer, meaning HE CHANGES THE GAME.

He instantly locks down the position, the most valuable position on the field. If we can get him with the resources we have without  depleting our resources completely, how do you not entertain it?

Premium player, premium position, requires premium compensation.

It just feels good knowing that we have plenty of resources to be considered in the running.

Whatever happens, this is the most exciting offseason I can remember. A hell of a lot better than watching the Jets in 2020 unfortunaltley.

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

When you say “the Jets have no clue” who are you referring to? The owners? Cause there the only ones left from previous regimes. Douglas, Saleh, and Lafleur will be in charge of developing the new QB. 

The Jets haven't figured out how to solve the QB spot the last 40 years and 12 regimes - I'm sure this one will be different.