Jump to content

Maybe another Watson or Saleh post, maybe not. The one thing I keep coming back to now...


Recommended Posts

The one thing I keep coming back to since Saleh was hired is that now we have players LOOKING to come to the Jets. 
 

Yes, I know ultimately money is the deciding factor, but it’s apparent that the hire has not only turned the fan base optimistic, but clearly had the attention of other players, Allen Robinson and Watson as examples. 
 

With or without Watson potentially coming or not, we may have finally ended the “we need to pay star players way more money to come play for us(like Mosley)”

That, in and of itself, is a pretty good feeling to have, and gives me hope we can potentially become a contender quicker than some realize. 
 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m with you. I feel like this off season might be a pleasant change of pace from the norm of guys using The Jets to get more money from someone else. Of course now that I said that there’s like a 75% chance I jinxed us. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you use the Jets as a bargaining chip with JD in the drivers seat? He's not a milktoast pushover like Maccagnan. The Adams trade proves it! We had Jet fans screaming to TAKE ANYTHING YOU CAN GET, THERES NO WAY WE'LL get a #1 for him! 

Mike Maccagnan was a f*cking JOKE! Trumaine Johnson contract? One of the worst EVER! What does he do? He doubles down on a burnt out RB! 2nd worst free agent pick up EVER! Those days are OVER! 

He had to sign a bunch of 1 year deals just to get through a couple of seasons while he took out the trash. Agents aren't walking into JDs office confident the Jets will overpay anymore. There's a new sheriff in town & im sure he'll make a few mistakes, hell, the Patriots once signed Haynesworth, and the Packers signed Mo Wilkerson. But the days of the SPLASH big name old veteran getting PAID here are over. 

I see JD & Saleh on the same page, this is going to be a great marriage. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How do you use the Jets as a bargaining chip with JD in the drivers seat? He's not a milktoast pushover like Maccagnan. The Adams trade proves it! We had Jet fans screaming to TAKE ANYTHING YOU CAN GET, THERES NO WAY WE'LL get a #1 for him! 

Mike Maccagnan was a f*cking JOKE! Trumaine Johnson contract? One of the worst EVER! What does he do? He doubles down on a burnt out RB! 2nd worst free agent pick up EVER! Those days are OVER! 

He had to sign a bunch of 1 year deals just to get through a couple of seasons while he took out the trash. Agents aren't walking into JDs office confident the Jets will overpay anymore. There's a new sheriff in town & im sure he'll make a few mistakes, hell, the Patriots once signed Haynesworth, and the Packers signed Mo Wilkerson. But the days of the SPLASH big name old veteran getting PAID here are over. 

I see JD & Saleh on the same page, this is going to be a great marriage. 

I wasn't saying what I said based on JD being milktoast. I still think that until the JETS are a better team, there still might be FA's that will TRY and use us. That's all, not that it will happen, but they will try. I trust in JD, and so far Sahel, and I do believe it will change in due time, but it's still a work in progress.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How do you use the Jets as a bargaining chip with JD in the drivers seat? He's not a milktoast pushover like Maccagnan. The Adams trade proves it! We had Jet fans screaming to TAKE ANYTHING YOU CAN GET, THERES NO WAY WE'LL get a #1 for him! 

Mike Maccagnan was a f*cking JOKE! Trumaine Johnson contract? One of the worst EVER! What does he do? He doubles down on a burnt out RB! 2nd worst free agent pick up EVER! Those days are OVER! 

He had to sign a bunch of 1 year deals just to get through a couple of seasons while he took out the trash. Agents aren't walking into JDs office confident the Jets will overpay anymore. There's a new sheriff in town & im sure he'll make a few mistakes, hell, the Patriots once signed Haynesworth, and the Packers signed Mo Wilkerson. But the days of the SPLASH big name old veteran getting PAID here are over. 

I see JD & Saleh on the same page, this is going to be a great marriage. 

This, except its "milquetoast" my friend, not Milktoast. The only breakfast food that Mac knew was Coffee. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

The one thing I keep coming back to since Saleh was hired is that now we have players LOOKING to come to the Jets. 
 

Yes, I know ultimately money is the deciding factor, but it’s apparent that the hire has not only turned the fan base optimistic, but clearly had the attention of other players, Allen Robinson and Watson as examples. 
 

With or without Watson potentially coming or not, we may have finally ended the “we need to pay star players way more money to come play for us(like Mosley)”

That, in and of itself, is a pretty good feeling to have, and gives me hope we can potentially become a contender quicker than some realize. 
 

 

I don't  think any of this changes until the team shows they can win and do somethe playoff bplayoffs

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How do you use the Jets as a bargaining chip with JD in the drivers seat? He's not a milktoast pushover like Maccagnan. The Adams trade proves it! We had Jet fans screaming to TAKE ANYTHING YOU CAN GET, THERES NO WAY WE'LL get a #1 for him! 

Mike Maccagnan was a f*cking JOKE! Trumaine Johnson contract? One of the worst EVER! What does he do? He doubles down on a burnt out RB! 2nd worst free agent pick up EVER! Those days are OVER! 

He had to sign a bunch of 1 year deals just to get through a couple of seasons while he took out the trash. Agents aren't walking into JDs office confident the Jets will overpay anymore. There's a new sheriff in town & im sure he'll make a few mistakes, hell, the Patriots once signed Haynesworth, and the Packers signed Mo Wilkerson. But the days of the SPLASH big name old veteran getting PAID here are over. 

I see JD & Saleh on the same page, this is going to be a great marriage. 

Much easier to trade away good players and sign sh*tty players to short term deals...

Eventually you need to find good players.  So far, other than at #11 overall, JD has done none of that. 

Not saying he can't but let's not crown the guy quite yet.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTJet said:

This, except its "milquetoast" my friend, not Milktoast. The only breakfast food that Mac knew was Coffee. 

LOL! Yes, when you type fast you just start rolling. Milk & Toast, pretty funny. Thanks for the correction.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Much easier to trade away good players and sign sh*tty players to short term deals...

Eventually you need to find good players.  So far, other than at #11 overall, JD has done none of that. 

Not saying he can't but let's not crown the guy quite yet.

 

I think you would agree that Adam Gase was just a DISASTER. He kept rolling out a 37 year old RB up the middle. Mims had a sh*tty start, no camp, gets hurt misses games, terrible scheme. Turn the page.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Much easier to trade away good players and sign sh*tty players to short term deals...

Eventually you need to find good players.  So far, other than at #11 overall, JD has done none of that. 

Not saying he can't but let's not crown the guy quite yet.

 

I honestly think that Gregg Williams has lost it. Maybe he never had it? I mean this is a guy that with the Browns went 0-16 leading their defense. Then, he was on his way to an o-fer with this Jet team before getting fired. 

I think Saleh is going to help much more in the development of players with his staff, similar to the way Parcells did business. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is a great marriage and I am excited by Salah so far but more importantly the offensive system. It has got progressively worse from the one magical season with fitzmagic. And even that was not really a success. How starved we are.

I am cautious though, as January is a time for jets optimism 🤔😉

One thing that is winding me up about the Watson link is that could of just drafted him....thanks Mac!

I wonder where we would be if we had?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think you would agree that Adam Gase was just a DISASTER. He kept rolling out a 37 year old RB up the middle. Mims had a sh*tty start, no camp, gets hurt misses games, terrible scheme. Turn the page.

I do think Adam Gase was a disaster, that was never in question.  The day he was hired it was a disaster.

It really doesn't change the fact that the Jets really have close to no talent on this team.  Easily the worst roster in the NFL. Could some players look a little better with a better coach for sure..

But it really doesn't change the fact that JD has yet to bring in any talent.  You can be all flowery about him because of potential - which I can understand.  But, other than the Adams trade (for which he traded away one of the leagues best pass rushers and the only talent this team had) he's done very little to warrant such praise.

Let's all keep in mind - Mac was GM of the year his first year.   

I'm not saying he won't be a good GM I'm just saying we have no idea and the results so far are mixed at best.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Let's all keep in mind - Mac was GM of the year his first year.   

I'm not saying he won't be a good GM I'm just saying we have no idea and the results so very are mixed at best.

Speak for yourself. Mac had a horrible plan and failed in addressing the offensive line while also failing in free agency. That first year Mac was here he basically went on a free agent spending frenzy bringing back/in Revis, Cromartie, and Buster. His drafts were awful after spending all the money John Idzik saved. His best trades were for Fitzpatrick and Marshall, who complimented Eric Decker and Chris Ivory both of whom were brought to the Jets by Idzik. Bottom line Joe Douglas has a plan and thus far it's being well executed as he cleans up the carnage of 5 years of poor roster management by Mike Maccagnan. The New York Jets finally have a competent GM in Joe Douglas. Will they win a Super Bowl during Joe Douglas' tenure with the Jets? It's a difficult feat to accomplish, especially for this franchise with their ruthless media, but I believe we will play good football and start getting used to seeing the Jets play football in the playoffs, something we've not seen in a decade. The more times you get into the NFL tournament the better your odds you'll eventually win one. I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, QB1 said:

Watson is using us for leverage as we speak lol 

Leverage for what?  He’s got a new contract.  They’re not going to tear that up and give him $50mm per.  It doesn’t make any sense to suggest he’s using the Jets for a better trade opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Speak for yourself. Mac had a horrible plan and failed in addressing the offensive line while also failing in free agency. That first year Mac was here he basically went on a free agent spending frenzy bringing back/in Revis, Cromartie, and Buster. His drafts were awful after spending all the money John Idzik saved. His best trades were for Fitzpatrick and Marshall, who complimented Eric Decker and Chris Ivory both of whom were brought to the Jets by Idzik. Bottom line Joe Douglas has a plan and thus far it's being well executed as he cleans up the carnage of 5 years of poor roster management by Mike Maccagnan. The New York Jets finally have a competent GM in Joe Douglas. Will they win a Super Bowl during Joe Douglas' tenure with the Jets? It's a difficult feat to accomplish, especially for this franchise with their ruthless media, but I believe we will play good football and start getting used to seeing the Jets play football in the playoffs, something we've not seen in a decade. The more times you get into the NFL tournament the better your odds you'll eventually win one. I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday.

Not speaking for anyone.  Just stating a fact.  Mac was, in fact, the GM of the year his first year.

You just don't know JD is competent.  We know he's capable of tearing down a team.  He's been very good at that - we know NOTHING of his ability to build one.  Again, not an opinion - fact.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

Leverage for what?  He’s got a new contract.  They’re not going to tear that up and give him $50mm per.  It doesn’t make any sense to suggest he’s using the Jets for a better trade opportunity.

Getting rid of esterby/hiring the HC he wants 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jetster said:

LOL! Yes, when you type fast you just start rolling. Milk & Toast, pretty funny. Thanks for the correction.

Lol just thought it looked funny typed out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

watson aside, the jets have money and some teams don't.  saleh is a respected coach and all of the good press is making some players sit up and take notice.  can't say it would be any different if smith or some other guy was hired.  the jets were pretty much looking at the top available coaches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...