Deshaun Watson agent hints he want to come to Jets (video)

Rhg1084

2 hours ago, KRL said:

And if anyone thinks HOU is going to trade him within the AFC they're crazy

No NFC team can give Houston the kind of picks the Jets can.  It's really just us, Miami and Jacksonville who can offer enough picks of significance.  And I can't see any universe where the Texans trade Watson to a place where they'd face him 2x a year.  So that just leaves the Jets and Dolphins, really.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No NFC team can give Houston the kind of picks the Jets can.  It's really just us, Miami and Jacksonville who can offer enough picks of significance.  And I can't see any universe where the Texans trade Watson to a place where they'd face him 2x a year.  So that just leaves the Jets and Dolphins, really.  

Just watch Carolina as a possibility. They do have number 8 and CM. 

Jesus this escalated quickly.

well if you’re looking for a QB to manage the NY pressure it’s Watson. Imagine Watson and Sherman in Green, with a good coach... 

Remember when we hired Adam Gase? Everything will be forgiven if we pull this off.

Darnold, No2 and next year Jet pick would be the dream scenario... but feel we will 100% need a lot more.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zonajetfan said:

Just watch Carolina as a possibility. They do have number 8 and CM. 

The Texans will have no interest in McCaffrey.  They'd already be suffering a huge financial hit by trading Watson.  No chance they would take on McCaffrey's contract, especially not with David Johnson due $8.8M this season.

Nor do I imagine the Panthers being interested in sending McCaffrey in a trade anyways.  They'd suffer a $17.2M dead cap hit by trading him (unless its somehow designated as a post-June 1 trade), per overthecap.com.  And you don't trade for a QB and in the process give away his best weapon.

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

we got Allen Robinson liking tweets of Watson to the Jets!! Lmao gonna be a crazy off-season 

Allen Robinson, Richard Sherman & Deshaun Watson teaming up in the biggest media market in the world just like KD, Kyrie & Harden? 

Football players have been watching basketball players...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Am I in dreamland right now? The Jets? A destination? ?

Confused Season 3 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

• Respected GM around the league
  • Respected new HC around the league
  • # 2 pick, and four 1st round picks in the next 2 drafts
  • 2nd most cap space in a year where nearly half the teams will be in some version of cap hell

This was never going to be that terrible a situation entering the 2021 offseason.  No free agent cares about the Jets' history.  They only care about the present situation.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

The Jets are 100% in the drivers seat here. If JD wants him and Houston is in fact going to trade him, he’s ours to lose.

The idea that Watson would prefer to go to Miami is laughable past the income tax argument. The Miami Dolphins are a tier above the bottom in terms of relevancy. A bad Jets team gets more attention than a good Dolphins team. If Watson wants to receive max  recognition in the league and rake in marketing dollars - the Jets overall are the place to be in comparison to Miami, no matter what Twitter says

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Allen Robinson, Richard Sherman & Deshaun Watson teaming up in the biggest media market in the world just like KD, Kyrie & Harden? 

Football players have been watching basketball players...

Great point, and that’s been my whole premise with Watson and his agent using the NTC as leverage....also his agent is Jalen Ramsey’s agent. If Watson makes it known he’s done In Houston they will for sure play hardball 

2 hours ago, WhartonJet said:

I don't see how the Texans agree to the trade without the #2 overall.  If they are moving on from Watson, they have to sell the fanbase on something which would be Fields/Wilson at #2.  I don't think Sam Darnold will placate the fans there who will already be pissed after losing Hopkins and Watson in consecutive offseasons

Respectfully, this is a Jet fan's perspective.  Maybe they like Tua?  we don't know this.  Maybe the Dolphis have a better package

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Incarcerated Bob talking about how KD and Harden are trying to get Watson to NY. Watson was at the Nets game last night....

The amount of smoke here is increasing day by day

Oh man I am starting to get excited now!! They have to tone it down a bit so as not to piss off the Texans ownership team and fans. Watson's agent needs to pickup the phone and talk it out with the Texans.... " Deshaun cannot in good conscience play another snap for this team. We will consider a trade to the Jets, Patriots, Dolphins, Saints and Panthers. We will let you decide which package is best for the organization"

All fine and dandy everyone....but not for three first round picks.  

Not that I think they will trade him to within the AFC, but you can give them number #23 and #34 this year, plus Sam Darnold.  That gives them a cheap starter this year with upside, who can hold the fort while they rebuild and then draft a guy in 2021.  

Then, you give them our #1 and #2 next year as well.  Four picks and Darnold.  That is a good deal.  It's also good for the Jets because they would still have a first next year, and the #2 overall pick which gets auctioned off to recoup all the picks you give up for Watson.

IF Watson refuses to play for them, they have NO leverage, and they have NO picks in rounds 1 and 2 this year. They need LOTS of draft capital, considering they have to completely rebuild thanks to O'Brien's incompetence. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Imagine if we trade for Deshaun, then Jags take Fields #1 overall. LOL

I'd sh*t in my pants. Literally.

That world doesn’t exist. But in that fantasy land, you’d trade out of #2 and recoup all lost capital from Watson.