Phillip Rivers retires

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In case anyone ever wonders again the true separating trait of a QB, it's this.  

The #2 pick increases in value by the day

Posted Images

wow.  i knew he had limited time left but thought he would've played at least one more.  so what are the dolts going to do? they have eason and brisset on their current roster.  is eason the son of take a sack tony eason?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, chirorob said:

He had that shot early in his career against the Pats.

Brady throws the late pick, the DB runs around like a moron, and fumbles it back to the Patriots.   That ended Marty in San Diego, and was the Chargers best chance to win a ring.

I watched that live, It was heart-breaking. The number of lucky breaks those bastards got. 

• Upvote 4

Rivers has made $243 mil in his NFL career. After taxes that's about $150 mil. Add in his endorsements and you get the point. He definitely had more in the tank. Then to think Drew Brees outlast him is crazy, which really isn't a knock on him. But it doesn't make sense for him to team hoop at this point. If the Colts were going to move on from him then it was best to go out on his own terms.

Which QB trash talk as much as this dude?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Rivers primary focus maybe catching up to his former teammate Cromartie.

He has 9 kids as of now and counting 

Here's the full list of nine kids, with ages as of September 2020:

Halle, 18

Caroline, 15

Grace, 14

Gunner, 12

Sarah, 10

Peter, 8

Rebecca, 6

Clare, 4

Anna, 1

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2
4 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Halle, 18

Caroline, 15

Grace, 14

Gunner, 12

Sarah, 10

Peter, 8

Rebecca, 6

Clare, 4

Anna, 1

Poor Halle, Caroline and Grace - you know they're basically raising the others.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
13 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Halle, 18

Caroline, 15

Grace, 14

Gunner, 12

Sarah, 10

Peter, 8

Rebecca, 6

Clare, 4

Anna, 1

At least Rivers knows all his children's names...not so much for Cromartie...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

A good guy, too bad he never went to a Super Bowl but that's our fault I guess.

SAR I

Imagine the Jets actually having a claim to fame that isn't somehow in the dogsh it/you can't make it up category. I feel piqued.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
25 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Halle, 18

Caroline, 15

Grace, 14

Gunner, 12

Sarah, 10

Peter, 8

Rebecca, 6

Clare, 4

Anna, 1

Wow, as a father of five I suddenly feel inept. 

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, rangerous said:

wow.  i knew he had limited time left but thought he would've played at least one more.  so what are the dolts going to do? they have eason and brisset on their current roster.  is eason the son of take a sack tony eason?

Just Eason. Brissett is a UFA. 

• Upvote 1

Going to be an unprecedented year for QB movement. Jets are lucky in that they have Sam Darnold and the 2nd pick. So many teams are in beyond desperate situations that they’ll be forced to overpay for either. I don’t see the Jets trading Sam, but it’s possible they would for a 1st round pick. 

NE, WAS, CHI, IND lack short-term and long-term answers and are drafting 15-20 in the round. NYJ, PHI, CAR, DEN, NYG, SF, MIN, LAR, NO have QB questions at the very least. PIT, TB lack long-term plans. ATL, DET have QBs but could opt to reset. 

I think it’s possible Jalen Hurts gets traded for a haul of picks. I think it’s possible LV will make a decision on Carr/Mariota given the demand for QB. I think some teams will strategically rank. Should be a wild ride. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, football guy said:

Going to be an unprecedented year for QB movement. Jets are lucky in that they have Sam Darnold and the 2nd pick. So many teams are in beyond desperate situations that they’ll be forced to overpay for either. I don’t see the Jets trading Sam, but it’s possible they would for a 1st round pick. 

NE, WAS, CHI, IND lack short-term and long-term answers and are drafting 15-20 in the round. NYJ, PHI, CAR, DEN, NYG, SF, MIN, LAR, NO have QB questions at the very least. PIT, TB lack long-term plans. ATL, DET have QBs but could opt to reset. 

I think it’s possible Jalen Hurts gets traded for a haul of picks. I think it’s possible LV will make a decision on Carr/Mariota given the demand for QB. I think some teams will strategically rank. Should be a wild ride. 

If those teams were smart they would rebuild or tank and line themselves for Sam Howell next year.

8 minutes ago, football guy said:

The haul for the #2 pick is going to be massive, which is why I think JD is going to opt to let Saleh and LaFleur have one final shot at fixing Sam...

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Agreed. Saw this from Matt Miller.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

I watched that live, It was heart-breaking. The number of lucky breaks those bastards got. 

I always felt bad for Marty on that one.   Everyone said he couldn't win in the playoffs.

Again, there is video of him telling his defense, "If you get the ball, just go down."   He got the blame because one moron just wouldn't listen.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Halle, 18

Caroline, 15

Grace, 14

Gunner, 12

Sarah, 10

Peter, 8

Rebecca, 6

Clare, 4

Anna, 1

Cro didn't pump his kids out with the same woman though, did he?

Rivers' wife is a trooper 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2