Richard Sherman to Watson: “I’d get out of there as quickly as possible, I’d head to New York.”

9 minutes ago, Pac said:

Offer Seattle's firsts and Darnold and tell them to only call back if they're going to do it.  Give them till March 1st so there's time to plan for FA in either scenario.

They might want to have a 3rd thrown in and swap picks is some later rounds. Also there may be other players involved besides Watson/Darnold coming to the Jets and/or going to the Texans. I'm against leveraging our future to the point we become the Texans, but if you're going to start a negotiation you have to leave some room for give and take. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, fullblast said:

This is the Lawrence saga all over again. Get your hopes up then he gets traded to Miami at the 11th hour. Not going for it, not again!

You just gotta sit back and have fun with it. I fully expect him to stay with the Texans or go to Miami. There's no way he's becoming a Jet. 

But still fun to think about!

Just now, TnT said:

No, it doesnt

Helping young players become better acclimated to a Saleh system...helping to “change the culture”...helping to create a more attractive destination by a respected vet.

Richard Sherman is still plenty capable of playing in a zone system and being effective.

Hes already being heard.

But I’m not talking about overpaying or giving him a lengthy deal, which I would hope JD has shown to be reasonable.

We were how much under the cap this year, and Sherman wouldn’t have made this a better secondary?

THIS IS NOT MADDEN, it’s not JUST about football games....and certainly less about that when you are an upward trending place to play and quality of other players can be positively affected.

Yeah. I disagree. Sign him to be a coach then.

You don't need an overpriced, old Richard Sherman to change a culture. Is Richard Sherman the only guy who can help change the New York Jets? lol. That doesn't make sense. 

Sherman has spent his whole life on the west coast. If you are telling me that he's willing to move 3,000 miles to come play for a team that just went 2-14 on a team friendly contract, that's different. But I can't see him being all that interested.

34 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Hard pass on Richard Sherman. 

Yup.  That ship has sailed..... just like Sammy Watkins sailed past Sherman for a huge 4th quarter completion in the Super Bowl.

By the time Sherman suits up for the Jets in September this would be 18 months ago, when Richard Sherman was younger and faster....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Yup.  That ship has sailed..... just like Sammy Watkins sailed past Sherman for a huge 4th quarter completion in the Super Bowl.

This was 18 months ago, when Richard Sherman was younger and faster....

He's just past his prime. He's had a great career, but he doesn't offer much to a young team like the New York Jets except "mentorship" which lots of other guys can do. 

26 minutes ago, TnT said:

All due respect...

Signing Sherman at this point is a lot more valuable then his play during football games...this can’t even defended with a logic.

What does it do exactly? Do the Jets want to become a sanctuary for perpetually unhappy players?

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Is Richard Sherman the only guy who can help change the New York Jets? lol. That doesn't make sense.

This is what women do.

You took what I said and exaggerated and expanded it to make it sound silly.

Nice chatting with you, babe.

• Haha 3

51 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ok, even if it doesn't happen at this point, this whole situation is like a confidence boost as a Jets fan.  The fact that we are even being mentioned as a favorable destination by other players etc feels pretty good.

It's like the nerdy looking chick getting a compliment from a jock right before prom. 

"Oooooooh, he likes me!!! ME!!!"

Terrible state of affairs.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Don’t worry.  Miami doesn’t have anything to offer Houston that’s better than what we have.  We can give them Fields and Darnold and a first round pick. 

If Watson wants the Jets and the Jets want Watson, it’s going to happen.   I’m not convinced that Saleh and Douglas want Watson.  Sort of silly if they don’t.  

SAR I

He also does have a no trade which is important. Hopefully he really does want to be here and JD and Saleh want him. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

What women do? LMAO

I told you I disagree with you on Sherman and am explaining why.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

You just replied saying I said something I didn’t.

You’re not man enough to hurt my feelings.

I don’t need to defend that.

6 minutes ago, TnT said:

You just replied saying I said something I didn’t.

You’re not man enough to hurt my feelings.

I don’t need to defend that.

What are you talking about? Go back and reread my post that apparently bothers you. You took one part of it and complained about it.

In your post leading up to that you told me "this isn't madden". You then talked about it not being just about football and him mentoring young players. I don't much care for that argument as a reason to sign him. It's just my opinion.

Not sure why that bothers you so much. This is a message board, from time to time you're going to encounter people who share a different opinion than you on the Jets.

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

What are you talking about? Go back and reread my post that apparently bothers you. You took one part of it and complained about it.

In your post leading up to that you told me "this isn't madden". You then talked about it not being just about football and him mentoring young players. I don't much care for that argument as a reason to sign him. It's just my opinion.

Not sure why that bothers you so much. This is a message board, from time to time you're going to encounter people who share a different opinion than you on the Jets.

Is Richard Sherman the only guy who can help change the New York Jets? lol. That doesn't make sense.

Did I say or allude to Richard Sherman being the ONLY guy that can do this?

You took my words and exaggerated them.

Thats not how you have a back and forth disputing what someone actually responded.

16 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Having a universally liked head coach, cap space, and multiple draft picks make NY the new hotspot. We would still have a decent amount of draft capitol even with a Watson trade

That's the thing.  If we only have to give up 3 first rounders over the next 3 years (which I don't think will be enough) That still leaves us with 2 first rounders over the next 3 years...and a QB...For which we would have had to have used one of those.  It really isn't bad.

Getting into 4 firsts or 3 first and a second --- gets tougher to swallow.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, TnT said:

Is Richard Sherman the only guy who can help change the New York Jets? lol. That doesn't make sense.

Did I say or allude to Richard Sherman being the ONLY guy that can do this?

You took my words and exaggerated them.

Thats not how you have a back and forth disputing what someone actually responded.

I think you're being a little overly sensitive about things lol. 

You told me earlier "this isn't madden". Do you think I don't know that? I understand you were trying to make a point though. 

I was commenting on the idea of Sherman being brought in to be a mentor. Something I don't think is that big of a deal. You're overreacting to one line. I wasn't trying to exaggerate your words. But whatever. 

4 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I think you're being a little overly sensitive about things lol. 

You told me earlier "this isn't madden". Do you think I don't know that? I understand you were trying to make a point though. 

I was commenting on the idea of Sherman being brought in to be a mentor. Something I don't think is that big of a deal. You're overreacting to one line. I wasn't trying to exaggerate your words. But whatever. 

?? cool story

• Haha 1