Richard Sherman to Watson: “I’d get out of there as quickly as possible, I’d head to New York.”

37 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Maybe if Sherman was a Jets player. I don't think a player from another team can be charged with tampering.

Correct.  Players can recruit as much as they'd like.  Jamal Adams tried to recruit free agents in Macc's final offseason.  We all saw how well that played out, lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I just think at 33, he's not worth going after. If he wanted to come here on a team friendly contract to "mentor" young players, that would be one thing.
But why would Richard Sherman be interested in moving to the east coast, to play for a team that just went 2-14. I feel like he wouldn't, unless he really wants to keep playing and the Jets are the only team seriously interested in him. I just think there are much better options out there at this point.

Maybe he’s doing a Brandon Marshall. Ending his last year in NY (NJ). Media capitol of the world.. maybe he wants to take his talents to (showtime) or something like that. So maybe he’s angling for that kind of recognition??

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

Maybe he’s doing a Brandon Marshall. Ending his last year in NY (NJ). Media capitol of the world.. maybe he wants to take his talents to (showtime) or something like that. So maybe he’s angling for that kind of recognition??

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Seems like the kind of guy with those types of plans

19 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Please pass, Saleh. He won't be worth his contract. 

As a CB? Yes. If he moves to S? He could have a good 3-4 years left(he said he wants to retire around 35). He's never been a speedster at CB, he relies on his physicality and intellect to make plays, that translates well to S. This does not take into account his mentorship abilities.

I would not be opposed at all to having Sherman on the Jets in 2021(as a S).

• Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Sherman played one of his best years of Football last year. Was off and on injured this year but he could be a great on a 1-2 yr cheap deal. 

Would be a great signing. 

I disagree.

If Sherman wanted to come here on a 1 year, team friendly deal that would be one thing. But why would a guy who has lived/played his whole life on the west coast want to come all the way to the east coast to play for a team that just went 2-14? I'm sure he probably wants to win and can find a better situation for himself at this point in his career.

• Upvote 1

Obviously I’d love Watson, but IMO, Sherman needs to STFU. Literally last month, we had to constantly hear from other players/media about how Lawrence should stay in school to avoid the Jets, and it sucked. Just because we are in the “good side” this time, doesn’t mean it’s right. He should worry about himself and his team.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like he's trying to butter up the Jets to get a contract. No thanks. As a Jets fan I remember how disrespectful he was to Revis when he first came into the league. He couldn't hold Darrelle's jockstrap at that time and he was trash talking the best Db in the NFL. 

If the Jets want to be competitive Richard Sherman would be perfect on a 1 or 2 year deal. His salary is going to be low because of his age and the man was the best CB in the NFL in 2019. 

If Deshaun comes here I'd be money hes a Jet next year. Hes the perfect cheap stop gap. 

916783900_ScreenShot2021-01-20at7_25_35PM.thumb.png.3131881625e11c7276efd07dd6964e6a.png

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I disagree.

If Sherman wanted to come here on a 1 year, team friendly deal that would be one thing. But why would a guy who has lived/played his whole life on the west coast want to come all the way to the east coast to play for a team that just went 2-14? I'm sure he probably wants to win and can find a better situation for himself at this point in his career.

Simple answer, money 

He’s at the end of his career and looking for one last good payday. And good for him. It’s a business after all .

5 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Simple answer, money 

He’s at the end of his career and looking for one last good payday. And good for him. It’s a business after all .

But realistically, he’s barking up the wrong tree if he thinks he’s going to get a big payday from JD.

If JD signs him, HOPEFULLY, it’s a one and one team option...we’re not not going to be spending all our cap money anyway.

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Ok, even if it doesn't happen at this point, this whole situation is like a confidence boost as a Jets fan.  The fact that we are even being mentioned as a favorable destination by other players etc feels pretty good.

JOE DOUGLAS made that happen.....

• Upvote 1

I can't see any team offering better value than our offer of 3- #1 picks in consecutive years. Our picks would be higher than most anyone else. 
I would LOVE to see Jamaal's reaction knowing we flipped him to save $75 mil in cap space AND was able to use the picks we got for him into Deshaun Watson!!

he’ll spin that into a demand for watson sized extension.

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

I would have loved to have Sherman on this team, but that was 4 years ago. 

5 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Please pass, Saleh. He won't be worth his contract. 

Sherman was actually pretty solid this year and he will likely come very cheap. And who else would you want teaching/developing young CBs than a guy like Sherman? 

Either way, it's great to see guys like Sherman wanting to come here as opposed to players treating this place like football purgatory.