The thing I most want to hear in Saleh PC tomorrow

JohnnyLV

7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I want to hear him say that the defense will be run by the DC and the offense run by the OC, and him not calling the defensive plays. I want him to stress he will be actively involved in all 3 phases like the 49ers coach is, and creating game plans and helping with in game adjustments, but not running one side of the ball. I want to heat him confirm he is the CEO type of coach

I won't give a sh*t what he says or how he decides to do things. If he says he's going to do things just like ADAM GASE I could care less.

What I want and what you want, is for Robert Saleh to conduct a victory speech immediately following the Jets winning the Superbowl.

It's silly to be thinking this guy must do things one specific way. As though that's the ONLY way the Jets will ever win. 

There's a million ways to win the Superbowl. There is no stamped, steel forged very rigid way to win the Superbowl. All different coaching styles are capable of winning. 

That's what I'm hoping for Robert Saleh - find your most effective coaching style and use it until the Jets win the Superbowl.

Dear Coach Saleh,

Welcome!  Just a few suggestions and hopes I have as you start your time here and have your introductory press conference today.

Set the path for the team. Set the expectations.

Look at the camera, not around the room like Gase did.

Don't make promises like Rex, but instill a similar confidence that this team will be smart, tough, and competitive.

Give the fanbase and, more importantly, the team some confidence that you know what you're doing.

Basically, be yourself Rob because you're exactly what we've been looking for!

Godspeed!

Go Jets!

- JS23

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

Only problem with that is that Musk then announces plans to move the Jets in 2036 to Mars.  Says he'll build a domed stadium there with a beautiful view of Olympus Mons.

The Jets make history by becoming the NFL's first off-world franchise.

The home field advantage would be insaaaaane.  What an atmosphere!  No, really, the atmosphere is 100x thinner than Earth's.  

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, johnnysd said:

I want to hear him say that the defense will be run by the DC and the offense run by the OC, and him not calling the defensive plays. I want him to stress he will be actively involved in all 3 phases like the 49ers coach is, and creating game plans and helping with in game adjustments, but not running one side of the ball. I want to heat him confirm he is the CEO type of coach

Well got the answer I wanted. Yes I know Reid and Belichick do it, but Saleh is a new head coach he needs to be a CEO type and he can always call a play here and there as needed.

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The home field advantage would be insaaaaane.  What an atmosphere!  No, really, the atmosphere is 100x thinner than Earth's.  

Not in the dome, baby!  Full atmo in there!

And imagine those athletes in the light gravity (38% of Earth)! Guys leaping up 15 feet in the air to catch passes! QBs throwing the ball the entire length of the field!  100+ yard FGs...no need to punt ever again!

The NFL is no more.  Welcome the IFL....Interplanetary Football League.

:-)

• Haha 1