Would You Rather Have DeShaun Watson Or Trevor Lawrence?

I would rather have drafted Watson when we had the chance.  Its irritating to have to trade all these draft picks and have spent so much on Darnold. And then to pay for a mega contract that he can just ask for a trade when he doesn't like the Jets anymore. Thats a very Jets way to get a QB.  Actually the Jets way would be to wait until Watson is 40 years old and then do the deal.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Watson but the question is never that simple.  To get one or the other a lot of other resources come into play.

OK.  Put yourself in the shoes of the Jaguars then.  Suppose the Texans offered Watson for the # 1 pick.  Do you accept that deal?

I 100 % would if I'm Jacksonville.  I'd also give Houston more picks, if necessary.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I would rather have drafted Watson when we had the chance.  Its irritating to have to trade all these draft picks and have spent so much on Darnold. And then to pay for a mega contract that he can just ask for a trade when he doesn't like the Jets anymore. Thats a very Jets way to get a QB.  Actually the Jets way would be to wait until Watson is 40 years old and then do the deal.

It would end up being a record breaking deal to boot, no doubt. 

I think the only think which would stop me saying Watson is his attitude.

What if we spend 3 picks on him, and he suddenly wants out and then leaves as a FA, Anx we start from scratch?

But that said he’s proven in the NFL, and as much as the ceiling for TL is higher, there’s no guarantee he’ll be the player he’s predicted.

Watson for me.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

my experience is they eventually pick for you. 

That may be the case here.  It is a cruel joke the universe is playing on me now.  First it dangled Trevor in front of me for most of the season only to rip that away late in the year.  Now the universe is teasing me with Deshaun just a month later.   Just a cruel joke. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That may be the case here.  It is a cruel joke the universe is playing on me now.  First it dangled Trevor in front of me for most of the season only to rip that away late in the year.  Now the universe is teasing me with Deshaun just a month later.   Just a cruel joke. 

It is not teasing you.  There is 0 chance watson goes to the jets.

I think they will hire bienemy to appease watson and he will stay.  If he does accept a trade, miami would be where he wants to go.

• Upvote 1

The hope is that Lawrence will eventually be as good as Watson. The money is a factor, but so is the bust risk. You can throw in the ACL injuries as a reason to not want Watson over Trevor I suppose, but I'm still going with the guy who has proven to be elite in the pros and is only 25.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I tend to agree 

I love how the narrative a month ago was that Trevor Lawrence would either go back to Clemson or force a trade if we got the number 1 pick.

Now, deshaun watson is dying to come to the jets.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

The Jets stink.  He is not going to come to a rebuilding team that will not be able to rebuild because of the haul they needed to give to get him.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I love how the narrative a month ago was that Trevor Lawrence would either go back to Clemson or force a trade if we got the number 1 pick.

Now, deshaun watson is dying to come to the jets.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHA

The Jets stink.  He is not going to come to a rebuilding team that will not be able to rebuild because of the haul they needed to give to get him.

Hey, you told me that Saleh was the "Bald Beast" I expect everyone to come here and play for a discount.