A look at a few posts from the Texans board

Jetsfan80

25 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

What if we make this deal on 1 Mar for a similar package as you propose then Urban Meyer decides to draft Fields.  Still happy?  Deals like this require a fair amount of processing unless the ownership decides and just tells JD to make the deal at any cost.

JD will undoubtedly talk to Jags, too. No so much to make a deal as see what their openness level is. If Jags seem willing to deal that means they’re probably focused on Fields. Negotiating 101.

Also, this is an unprecedented situation — Elite QB in his prime on the block. Jags don’t have the picks to get it done, we do. There’s a small chance of a three way/double trade here.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jgb said:

The reason we are "in the driver's seat" is because we have the most draft assets available to bid with. Being in the driver's seat does not mean you can underbid and win.

Maybe you don't understand what being in the drivers seat means.... It means you hold the cards. So if they don't want the deal you're offering than you step back and either wait or walk away. I'll say this again, and package for DW that includes this years #2 is OFF the Table, and I have a hard time doing anything more than Seattle's 2 1st's and Darnold thrown in. PERIOD. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ScouserJet said:

Seattle #1's

I guess you didn't see the 'S after Seattle, cause that mean both Seattle 1st's...  Just so you and jgb get this, I'm not giving up more that 2 1sts from Seattle, and Darnold, so if you're Houston's GM, and that's not good enough for you, then I guess we don't have a deal. You and jgb are going to be very unhappy next year when you find out that JD and Saleh don't want to do that deal either.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Three first round picks is a blockbuster.

Is it? Doesn't seem so. Jet got multiple firsts for a WR previously and recently a SS. I guess it's an eye of the beholder thing. Or maybe I don't think it's an outrageous price so I don't see it as a blockbuster trade due to the picks though I guess anytime a young franchise QB gets moved it's a big deal.

19 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Is it? Doesn't seem so. Jet got multiple firsts for a WR previously and recently a SS. I guess it's an eye of the beholder thing. Or maybe I don't think it's an outrageous price so I don't see it as a blockbuster trade due to the picks though I guess anytime a young franchise QB gets moved it's a big deal.

Well Seattle had/has the expectation of being a contender over then next few years and so the relative value of their first rounders is low.  People looking at the Jets however may evaluate our first rounders differently

38 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

I guess you didn't see the 'S after Seattle, cause that mean both Seattle 1st's...  Just so you and jgb get this, I'm not giving up more that 2 1sts from Seattle, and Darnold, so if you're Houston's GM, and that's not good enough for you, then I guess we don't have a deal. You and jgb are going to be very unhappy next year when you find out that JD and Saleh don't want to do that deal either.

I agree we don't need to be held to ransom. But even with both Seattle picks, I'd be asking for Jet picks instead.

Jet picks = #2 and probably something still lower than the Seahawks pick in '22. I'm fully behind the GM, and Saleh is more than exciting for me. If they choose to roll without DW, then so be it.

This is purely fantasy really, until we actual show any concrete evidence. 

47 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Maybe you don't understand what being in the drivers seat means.... It means you hold the cards. So if they don't want the deal you're offering than you step back and either wait or walk away. I'll say this again, and package for DW that includes this years #2 is OFF the Table, and I have a hard time doing anything more than Seattle's 2 1st's and Darnold thrown in. PERIOD. 

Your proposed deal is less than what we got for Jamal Adams. 

If Watson was on the Jets, would you trade him to Houston for that? Of course you wouldn't. Our fans would be livid if we let Houston keep the number 2 pick. 

Watson is a 25 year franchise qb. Any trade is going include the number 2 pick.

41 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Blockbuster to me doesn’t mean overpaying or not getting value but that a lot of value in assets change hands. I’d say trading 3 ones for an elite QB in his time qualifies as a blockbuster trade.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Haven’t seen any “screw him if you don’t wanna be here!” posts. AKA the Jets fan go-to self-soothing response.

“Surrenders” implies giving up. You’d be getting something in return, you know.

They really don't  seem to be upset. 

And I don't  think the other poster meant giving up. I agree with his position. The Texans had much more firepower on O than we did last season and Watson led them to 4 wins. We will not be better than that if we trade away all the high picks for the next 2 season. I would be fine sending them everything Seattle gave us including MacDougal if he is even still on the team 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 68JET11 said:

I’m sure neither of us would enjoy a semantic debate but Jets leverage is grossly exaggerated in this situation unless they have some secret exclusivity deal to negotiate for Watson’s services that I don’t know about.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

JD will undoubtedly talk to Jags, too. No so much to make a deal as see what their openness level is. If Jags seem willing to deal that means they’re probably focused on Fields. Negotiating 101.

Also, this is an unprecedented situation — Elite QB in his prime on the block. Jags don’t have the picks to get it done, we do. There’s a small chance of a three way/double trade here.

Jags have two 1sts and two 2nds this year.  #1 and #25 in both rounds courtesy of Jalen Ramsey deal.  They actually have slightly more trade capital and cap room than the Jets.

If they wanted Watson they would easily be the front-runner because their #1 is worth a LOT more than our #2 to begin with and they then have everything else we do to offer.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

They really don't  seem to be upset. 

And I don't  think the other poster meant giving up. I agree with his position. The Texans had much more firepower on O than we did last season and Watson led them to 4 wins. We will not be better than that if we trade away all the high picks for the next 2 season. I would be fine sending them everything Seattle gave us including MacDougal if he is even still on the team 

I know we will never agree with this but Watson performs better on the 2020 jets than Darnold does on the 2020 Texans. Our weaponz ain’t as bad as they look with Darnold and Will Fuller would be considered another JAG catching passes from Darnold. I guess that’s the core difference that divides the pro/anti camp. Cooks is an underrated player though, I’ll grant you that.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Jags have two 1sts and two 2nds this year.  #1 and #25 in both rounds courtesy of Jalen Ramsey deal.  They actually have slightly more trade capital and cap room than the Jets.

If they wanted Watson they would easily be the front-runner because their #1 is worth a LOT more than our #2 to begin with and they then have everything else we do to offer.

Didn’t know all that, thank you.

7 hours ago, doitny said:

just curious as to what the Texans fan board want in a trade for Watson. we try to low ball it here cause thats to our advantage. i wonder how many draft picks they want in return. 

I didn't post those because some of them are absurd.  But the more reasonable fans in the thread were saying 3-4 first rounders, similar to what's being said here.  Nothing earth shattering there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I know we will never agree with this but Watson performs better on the 2020 jets than Darnold does on the 2020 Texans. Our weaponz ain’t as bad as they look with Darnold and Will Fuller would be considered another JAG catching passes from Darnold. I guess that’s the core difference that divides the pro/anti camp. Cooks is an underrated player though, I’ll grant you that.

So you think Periman, Mims, Crowder and Gore are better than Fuller, Cooks, Coutee and David Johnson?

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So you think Periman, Mims, Crowder and Gore are better than Fuller, Cooks, Coutee and David Johnson?

That Hopkins trade is still mind boggling. That alone justifies Watson's complaining. Make him a Jet. Prefer him to the rookies. Make it so, Joe.

I feel like most people in favor of the Watson trade at all costs have never been in a real negotiation.

The onus is on the Texans to trade this disgruntled expensive player not on the Jets to overwhelm them with an offer. 

The longer this goes on the more pressure on the Texans to resolve it. Wait until Watson holds out and deal for 22 and 23 picks maybe. Don't pay for a car over msrp just because it's shiny 

Shoot Watson's contract is so hefty these fools should be giving us draft picks 

Not really but that's the attitude for negotiating. Not like please sir may I have another? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

so lets say the Jags trade for Watson.  What would we have to give up to get the #1 pick from them?

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I feel like most people in favor of the Watson trade at all costs have never been in a real negotiation.

The onus is on the Texans to trade this disgruntled expensive player not on the Jets to overwhelm them with an offer. 

The longer this goes on the more pressure on the Texans to resolve it. Wait until Watson holds out and deal for 22 and 23 picks maybe. Don't pay for a car over msrp just because it's shiny 

Shoot Watson's contract is so hefty these fools should be giving us draft picks 

Not really but that's the attitude for negotiating. Not like please sir may I have another? 

If they make Bienemy one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL for the next 4 years, he might say yes to a terrible a job.

The Texans might eventually choose appeasement, is my point, and the window of opportunity will have closed. 

I’m not a “whatever it takes” guy but I’d be leading with at least the #2 this year, a first next year and Darnold. 

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

i didnt say that love and hip hop GIF by VH1

Well I was talking about the talent on the Texans vs. talent on the Jets,  that with the level of talent Watson had on the Texans, they win 4 games. Are you suggesting he can play more effectively  with lesser talented players? I understand what you mean that our players looked worse because of Darnold even though I think they just aren't  that good. The talent level is going to be static on Jets if we make the trade so he is going to be on a less talented team. Can he play better than 4 wins on the Jets as they are. 

1 hour ago, jgb said:

What? This is ridiculous. Fuller can actually get open and catch consistently. Sorry man but fuller is not a jag, hard to listen to your opinion with that in there. Cooks is underated? What? He is the number 1 there how is that underated?

So watson would preform better here in 2020 playing for gase? Really based on what? You think he was disgruntled playing there but magically if he were on the jets a less talented team, with much worse coaching and gameplaning, and espet play calling and system, somehow he would play better here?

Dude no way, I have never heard anything this ridiculous on jet nation since the whole Gase has a winning record if you don't count the losses in the first half the season.

21 minutes ago, jbt said:

so lets say the Jags trade for Watson.  What would we have to give up to get the #1 pick from them?

Nothing.  Because Houston wouldn't trade with Jacksonville if all they wanted was Fields.  They'd just trade with the Jets.

The Jets don't have the ammo to get Lawrence from Jacksonville.  But the Jets do have the ammo to get Watson from Houston.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

What if we make this deal on 1 Mar for a similar package as you propose then Urban Meyer decides to draft Fields.  Still happy?  Deals like this require a fair amount of processing unless the ownership decides and just tells JD to make the deal at any cost.

Let's use that on the Texans.

"Hey Nick, I hear the Jags love Fields, so trade us that trouble-maker Watson for our 2nd overall pick, and you get  Lawrence."

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If they make Bienemy one of the highest paid coaches in the NFL for the next 4 years, he might say yes to a terrible a job.

The Texans might eventually choose appeasement, is my point, and the window of opportunity will have closed. 

I’m not a “whatever it takes” guy but I’d be leading with at least the #2 this year, a first next year and Darnold. 

Who are the Jets competing against in this negotiation? Themselves? What other team is going to offer anything of substance for a guy with a 30 million dollar per year contract? 

Wait for Watson to hold out then low ball the sh*t out of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Who are the Jets competing against in this negotiation? Themselves? What other team is going to offer anything of substance for a guy with a 30 million dollar per year contract? 

You don't think other teams will be making serious offers for Watson? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You don't think other teams will be making serious offers for Watson? 

Not really, no.

I'm even sure the Texans can handle 20m of dead cap x3 for trading him 

The Jets would be paying Watson 2 million dollars per game, 16 weeks in a row. Draft picks aside it's a big check they never cut. 

The whole thing makes zero sense, from anyone's perspective. Except for the Jets fans on the verge of a breakdown 

Edited by bitonti
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Haven’t seen any “screw him if you don’t wanna be here!” posts. AKA the Jets fan go-to self-soothing response.

“Surrenders” implies giving up. You’d be getting something in return, you know.

Surrender now and I'll throw you a bone. 

db.jpg

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Not really, no.

I'm even sure the Texans can handle 20m of dead cap x3 for trading him 

The whole thing makes zero sense, from anyone's perspective. Except for the fans on the verge of a breakdown 

I'm not guaranteeing that Watson will hit the open market (I'm still skeptical), but if he does actually become available, you are going to be very wrong. 

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, bitonti said:

My point is, I believe the risk in waiting is that cooler heads prevail, Bienemy is hired and Deshaun is a Texan - i.e. 'the competition' right now is the Texans figuring this out and keeping him. 

Emotions and dysfunction are at their highest right now and we should be ruthless in exploiting that. Most reasonable people here, once we get over the excitement of the opportunity, probably agree that the most likely endgame is Deshaun remaining a Texan after McNair has some 'road to Damascus moment' and realizes 'WTF am I doing'?

But until that happens - this dude is gettable. Be aggressive. Start sending serious opening offers. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I'm not guaranteeing that Watson will hit the open market (I'm still skeptical), but if he does actually become available, you are going to be very wrong. 

Who other than the Jets even have the cap space for this move? The pats? If Watson wants a better coach he's not picking NYJ over NEP 

Shoot everybody assume that Watson will waive the no trade clause in the contract he just signed. If ny was a preferred destination it would be on the list already. What's changed in 1 year? The Jets got worse 

5 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

That aint happening. Trevor is going to Jax for numerous reasons.  Nor do I even approve of sending 3-4 1st rounders for Watson. I just asked what the deadline would be to make a decision.  There's 2 frogs sitting on a log. One decides to jump, the other decides to stay on the log. How many are frogs are left on the log? The answer - 2.  They just made a decision, didn't act on it yet. 

4 hours ago, jgb said:

Especially with Urban taking over.  Could be a Parcels like situation where hes only in for the short haul, not there to develop a QB for a couple of seasons only to hand him off to someone else

• Upvote 2