A look at a few posts from the Texans board

Jetsfan80

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Most of us saw flashes of Tannenhill when he was with the Dolphins but when he was available, the league viewed him as a high end back up. If any of the other teams viewed him as anything more the Dolphins would of done better than trading him and a 6th rounder for a 4th and a 7th. Anyways, the point being there are far too many people writing him off. He was taken high for a reason and was in a very similar situation as Tannenhill. I’d be completely fine with this team riding it out and giving him one more shot. 

Well when I announced loudly and repeatedly that Tannehill was gonna be good, I was butt fumbled into oblivion. Zero upvotes. Wish you were on the board then.

PS: Trubisky is next 

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well when I announced loudly and repeatedly that Tannehill was gonna be good, I was butt fumbled into oblivion. Zero upvotes. Wish you were on the board then.

Lol I’ve been around for a long time. We both registered in 2010 lol. I just don’t post as often.  Also can’t say I’d have paid attention but good job for calling it out if you did.

• Upvote 1

Just now, extmenace said:

Lol I’ve been around for a long time. We both registered in 2010 lol. I just don’t post as often.  Also can’t say I’d have paid attention but good job for calling it out if you did.

Don’t doubt me bro

Gay Hearts GIF

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, docdhc said:

I don’t think they would have a problem with Trevor Lawrence. 

10 hours ago, jgb said:

JD will undoubtedly talk to Jags, too. No so much to make a deal as see what their openness level is. If Jags seem willing to deal that means they’re probably focused on Fields. Negotiating 101.

Also, this is an unprecedented situation — Elite QB in his prime on the block. Jags don’t have the picks to get it done, we do. There’s a small chance of a three way/double trade here.

Agreed.  Right now there is a lot of moving pieces to the puzzle and a lot to consider before making any deal.  Plus, the Texans can still make DeShaun quasi-happy by hiring Bienenmy.  Just glad I'm not making the decision and JD hopefully has the stick.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

NFL jerseys are split equally among the teams 

Unless it's like specific sold thru the Jets store or concessions at the stadium, woody Johnson and Bob kraft both get paid for the bucs selling tb12 jerseys 

Understand that and we begin to understand the mindset of the owners. They don't have to win games to make money. In fact that's more expensive. Keeping the lights on is all some franchises really care about 

Woody is as cheap as Peter Angelos but at least Angelos has the excuse of being in a small market.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Where's the friggin buttfumble button....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

It's silly comparing Watson to Marino(who played half of his career with the current FA system not even implemented in the NFL). Totally, totally different scenarios, different FA rules, different rules regarding passing... it's just not a good comparison.

Who's comparing Marino to Watson. Now that's just plain stupid. My point was Marino's teams were for the most part, unbalanced -great offense coupled with bad defenses.  You'd lose three maybe four 1st round picks trading for Watson that could reinforce the defense and offense. FA really has minimal effect on a team's overall performance. Watson's  a top QB. That's nice.  But hey for all the yards and TD's he threw last year, that 4-12 Texans record sure looks enticing compared to the 2-14 Jets record.  

4 hours ago, jgb said:

You realize we have 2 extra first rounders over the next two years and need to spend a first rounder on a QB if not this year than next year for sure, right? 

No REALLY?  So then hell yea lets give them 4 1st rounders all away for a QB who just led his team, despite stellar passing records, to a 4-12 record.  

• Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Marino made that team.  They were a 4-6 win team who’s record was inflated by his brilliance.  The balance of the team being ruined is an over exaggeration IMO.  You can trade away picks and build a team

Thats my point. Marino could only take the Fins so far.  Watson will only be able to take the Jets so far. And youre giving away 3-4 1st's to get him. Good luck building a team around that.  

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/20/2021 at 5:10 PM, heymangold said:

A team is supposed to build around and include their franchise QB in big decisions that the Texans have had to make in the recent past - they told him they would consult him.  And they didn’t.  Even the Jets had Darnold, a way less accomplished QB, sit in on coaching interviews. 

I didn't know Darnold was part of the interviews.

52 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Thats my point. Marino could only take the Fins so far.  Watson will only be able to take the Jets so far. And youre giving away 3-4 1st's to get him. Good luck building a team around that.  

And what does that have to do with having a great QB, they they would have been better off going 4-12 insead of 10-6.  They didnt lack talent because of Marino, they didnt have talent because they were poorly run.  I dont buy the idea that you trade 2 or maybe 3 1sts, have another left, multiple picks and 90 or so mil in cap room and the team will have to suck

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Not really, no.

I'm even sure the Texans can handle 20m of dead cap x3 for trading him 

The Jets would be paying Watson 2 million dollars per game, 16 weeks in a row. Draft picks aside it's a big check they never cut. 

The whole thing makes zero sense, from anyone's perspective. Except for the Jets fans on the verge of a breakdown 

you cant bet your house that Belichick will make a very nice offer. no way he doesnt try for the #3 best QB. 

Bill is 68, 69 in April. and is 49 wins away from breaking Don Shulas all time record. thats about 10 wins a season for 5 years, which puts him at 74.

the oldest coach in history was George Halas at 72

Marv Levy was a month behind him also at 72.

you can bet the Pats are going to make a huge offer for him. and they have over 50 million in cap space. 

26 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And what does that have to do with having a great QB, they they would have been better off going 4-12 insead of 10-6.  They didnt lack talent because of Marino, they didnt have talent because they were poorly run.  I dont buy the idea that you trade 2 or maybe 3 1sts, have another left, multiple picks and 90 or so mil in cap room and the team will have to suck

3-4 FA's arent changing much here next year. And picks take time to develop.  You could dump this whole roster sans a few players and you'd be left with pretty much the same record next year with Watson. 

1 hour ago, doitny said:

you cant bet your house that Belichick will make a very nice offer. no way he doesnt try for the #3 best QB. 

Bill is 68, 69 in April. and is 49 wins away from breaking Don Shulas all time record. thats about 10 wins a season for 5 years, which puts him at 74.

the oldest coach in history was George Halas at 72

Marv Levy was a month behind him also at 72.

you can bet the Pats are going to make a huge offer for him. and they have over 50 million in cap space. 

Patriots don’t have the draft capital needed to make that trade!

Round 1, Pick 15 (15th overall)

Round 2, Pick 14 (46th overall)

Round 4, Pick 15 (111th overall)

ADVERTISEMENT

Round 5, Pick 14 (142nd overall)

Round 6, Pick 11 (171st overall via Cowboys)

Round 6, Pick 13 (173rd overall)

Round 7, Pick 15 (207th overall)

• Sympathy 1

On 1/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, ScarletKnight89 said:

If I were a Houston fan I'd be a little pissed off at the way he is acting. Obviously I love it though, cause I want him on the Jets. But Watson is kinda acting immature about this. 

I would agree but how do you think he felt when they gave away his #1 weapon for chump change last year?  That couldn't have made him feel like they are all in on his career.  Then again, he signed that deal afterward so I don;t know what I'm talking about. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Can you stop with the whine.  The Jets have given out huge contracts throughout their history.  

Revis was highest paid at his position.  

Bell was the highest paid at his position.  

Mosely was the highest paid at his position 

Have they given out a Watson like contract?  No.  Because they haven’t had a Watson like player.  

Wilk also got a big extension from us. The reason our cap is low is because we haven’t drafted anyone worth extending in a decade. The guy is clueless 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Patriots don’t have the draft capital needed to make that trade!

Round 1, Pick 15 (15th overall)

Round 2, Pick 14 (46th overall)

Round 4, Pick 15 (111th overall)

ADVERTISEMENT

Round 5, Pick 14 (142nd overall)

Round 6, Pick 11 (171st overall via Cowboys)

Round 6, Pick 13 (173rd overall)

Round 7, Pick 15 (207th overall)

that's this year. they could offer 4 #1s. one each of the next 4 years. or do 3 #1s and 2, #2s

NE has had 2 number ones in the last 5 years, 6 in the last 10. Belichick can field a pretty good team without them. he just needs a great QB.

this is Bills last chance for a SB. hes not getting there with any FA QB. I'm not saying he gets him, but don't count him out. this is his last run, he will offer anything. 

James Harden wanted the NETS and got the NETS. im sure the Rockets weren't too happy with the draft picks cause they will all be in the late 20's or maybe even 30's cause there going to be a great team. but that what Harden wanted and he got it.

cant Watson do the same?

and the no trade clause with us mean that Houston cant force him to come here. even if we have the best deal. 

there is no way he accepts a trade to a 2 win team with the worst roster in the league. and the highest taxes in the nation. that are getting raised again for the rich. that means Watsons taxes will go up even more.

all that stuff you see in the media is his agent trying to make it look like he wants to come here. so that Miami, the real place he wants to go starts thinking that it would be better to make a good offer for him, than face him twice a year for the next 10 years.

i would love to see him here, but there no way he leaves a 4 win team to go to a 2 win team. not if he has any say in it. and he does, he has the Final say as far as the Jets are concerned

• WTF? 1

12 hours ago, jgb said:

Trubisky is better than any qb in this draft not named Trevor

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

3-4 FA's arent changing much here next year. And picks take time to develop.  You could dump this whole roster sans a few players and you'd be left with pretty much the same record next year with Watson. 

Disagree.  If we trade for Watson without giving up too much, make smart draft picks like Sewell and Etienne and sign a couple good FAs we can win 10-11 games next season 

• Haha 1

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/head-coach-candidates.115384/page-36

LOL. Nobody's happy about the Cully hire.

On a side note.... seeing these other fan boards really makes me grateful for this board and the energy it exudes. Just a few minutes on the Texans board and I was contemplating suicide.

I wouldn't put it past the Texans to pull off one more stupid move....by trading Watson.

Caserio has his job cut out for him by unducking OB's major mess and getting Watson signed to a new long term deal. Caserio could try floating Watson's 2022 salary as a signing bonus (another lump sum) to lower his cap hit and stretch the current contract out with the new money for another 5 years. Not an impossible move if the goal is to keep him and the team competitive.

Now, if Waatson still wants out.....then it falls on Caserio to land a trade partner that doesn't mind paying Watson and giving up a bundle of picks along with a player or two.
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 12:29 PM, bitonti said:

Not really, no.

I'm even sure the Texans can handle 20m of dead cap x3 for trading him 

The Jets would be paying Watson 2 million dollars per game, 16 weeks in a row. Draft picks aside it's a big check they never cut. 

The whole thing makes zero sense, from anyone's perspective. Except for the Jets fans on the verge of a breakdown 

Man you been just digesting and resting   this material. Well done. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry guys, it’s just not gonna happen. It’s not JD’s style nor is it in his DNA to sell the farm for one thoroughbred. He’s not the coffee man. Besides the Jets need players all around. They need all their DP’s and more to be contenders. I can see them picking up a QB at #2 and battling with Darnold for the start.

5 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Sorry guys, it’s just not gonna happen. It’s not JD’s style nor is it in his DNA to sell the farm for one thoroughbred. He’s not the coffee man. Besides the Jets need players all around. They need all their DP’s and more to be contenders. I can see them picking up a QB at #2 and battling with Darnold for the start.

If it's not his style to get an elite QB then get him out the f*cking door.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

If we had no extra picks, I may agree, but this might end up like trading jamal adams and a pick or less. You can still build and youll have your QB. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Drums said:

If we had no extra picks, I may agree, but this might end up like trading jamal adams and a pick or less. You can still build and youll have your QB. 

I think the Texans are gonna require quite a bounty to get him to the Jets or anywhere for that matter.