A look at a few posts from the Texans board

Jetsfan80

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Crazy sh*t from Texans fans.  Surprised they did not suggest we include Becton and Saleh also.  Almost as crazy as some of the takes on our board.

So let's see. #2 is worth more than 2 "generic" firsts but let's say 2 and a 2nd

Sam is worth a second

Q is worth a 1st and third

So it would be 6 1sts 3 seconds and a third

Would be the dumbest trade in history. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

So let's see. #2 is worth more than 2 "generic" firsts but let's say 2 and a 2nd

Sam is worth a second

There are bulls in Texas smarter than most people. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Crazy sh*t from Texans fans.  Surprised they did not suggest we include Becton and Saleh also.  Almost as crazy as some of the takes on our board.

Texans fans don’t seem to understand to constraints of a no-trade clause + a rich QB that doesn’t want to show up.

Something, something short and curlies.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

This really can't be discounted.  I know he's been very good, but you really can't look at a four win season with a QB playing the whole season and not have worries about his ability to take you to a superbowl.  He might be great, but is he a winner?

Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson invalidates this point completely.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Sam is worth a second

Bold is wrong. That said, you’re still spot on.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I saw them in 1983

I saw multiple Motörhead shows in the 90's and 00's.  One of the times, a guy in my group kept yelling "They better be ****ing loud tonight!" during the drive into the city from CT.  Midway through the show, he left to go cower in the lobby because it was too loud for him.  There was no messing with Lemmy.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

This is the closest I have come to neg repping a post since 2019!  350 Hemi?  Acceptable answers include 426, 392, 331, 6.4, 6.2, 6.1, or 5.7.  350 is a GM number.  Mopar made a 350 for 1958, but it was an RB wedge, not a Hemi.  GM calls their 350 a 5.7, but the Mopar Gen3 5.7 Hemi is a 345

yeah but what do you got in the fiat luigi

5 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Colts made the AFCCG and actually won playoff games with Andrew Luck.

Colts had one of the best 53 man rosters last year, lost because they have the corpse of Phillip Rivers at QB(and idiotic playcalling by Reich).

This is just on your Rivers take. That is far from accurate. Rivers did more than enough to win that game

As long as we are not trading Quinnen Williams or Becton in this deal which both project to be top 10 players at premium positions......

Go find the craziest draft pick offer these Texan Fans can ask for and they're still going to lose the deal. Four First round picks. Whatever. In the end they are going to lose the deal. 

Why? Because Half of First Rounders Bust. Like 60-70% of second rounders bust. I'll save the articles for a separate topic.

Its like shopping for Super Stud QB's at the half price store. I also have a feeling they're going to get a-lot less then what they think after the #2 is involved. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 4:37 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

A couple of thoughts, I believe that new GM Joe Douglas, new HC Robert Saleh and new OC Mike Lafluer will impress on DW4 that they will be contenders by 2022 without DW4 and contenders in 2021 with DW4. Also the bright lights of NYC and DW4 being the man of the town will bring lots of commercials, magazine covers, marketing deals that DW4 won't be able to say no to.

Let’s be clear, we are a 4-12 team that now hired a below-average HC (that may be putting it mildly), set JJ free (yes, saves us on the cap but further erodes an already terrible defense), and we are again sitting on our hands at the start of the next draft without key, early picks. To put it mildly, this is a major rebuild.

Also, let’s just be clear that Watson isn’t likely going to step on the field for us this year, and even if he did we would be paying him a ton to help guide an otherwise barren team.

It stinks, I blame the franchise for this all but they need to trade him and get value now so they can try to fix this disaster of a team over the long-term.
  • Upvote 3

I feel like this whole thing is just going to lead to massive disappointment. We are Jets fans, after all.
I dunno ... we pass on selling the house for a ball and chain QB that would kill the growth of this team .... that will be deeply satisfying to me ... showing we have some actual grey matter in the front office.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

On 1/28/2021 at 11:09 AM, Lith said:

We should somehow remove that 2022 2nd round pick and slide Woody Johnson in its place.  Maybe the Texans wouldn't notice?