All we need to do is trade Jamal Adams and #2 pick

Bronx

1 minute ago, QB1 said:

So if you win the lottery by your logic will you give me the money since really you are only giving me a $1

Seattle's pic are going to be mid to late 1st. We can find value with our other pics and the ability to attract/sign star veterans.

People keep trying to link these things.

They are not linked.

We fleeced seattle in that trade.

Also if you are dealing the seattle picks plus our pick this year you re giving up:

2nd overall pick huge value, if you traded down to mid round you would be getting 2 1sts and probably get 2 1sts and 2 seconds.

The Seattle pick next year could be all over the place.  It could easily be top 10.

You cannot lump all 1st rounders into a pile the 2nd overall pick in this draft is worth 3 1sts and a 2nd in comparisons to the seattle pick (23)

The trade as listed would be about an equivalent 4 1sts plus a 2nd or two.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

They are not linked.

Also if you are dealing the seattle picks plus our pick this year you re giving up:

2nd overall pick huge value, if you traded down to mid round you would be getting 2 1sts and probably get 2 1sts and 2 seconds.

The Seattle pick next year could be all over the place.  It could easily be top 10.

You cannot lump all 1st rounders into a pile the 2nd overall pick in this draft is worth 3 1sts and a 2nd in comparisons to the seattle pick (23)

Well, I hope you strike gold with either Darnold or any of the rookies. Let's recheck this post 3 years from now.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Bronx said:

If you really think about it, we got two 1st for this prick, we robbed the Seahawks blind, it was like taking candies away from a baby in Halloween. 

Trade both 1st in 2021 amd Seattle's 2022 and make it a deal. Stop crying about these picks.  If Watson plays for.us HE WILL bring talent. A combo of Saleh/Watson will attract many studs. 

So, thank you Seattle and Jamai Adams. You have provided the assets to get a prime time player and a chance to resurrect our beloved franchise.

Such a stupid post. We have the #2 pick. That has the same value as 3 #1 s from a  team in the 10 range. #2 needs to be completely off the table or if Houston insists it is the only pick they get.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

They are not linked.

Finally someone else sees the light. The #2 pick is incredibly valuable. And it's value is independent of Watson's value. Some of the trades I have seen proposed are maybe as much as 5 first rounders.  I will trade the 2 Seattle #1s but then I am trading down from 2 and recovering 2 first rounders,.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Finally someone else sees the light. The #2 pick is incredibly valuable. And it's value is independent of Watson's value. Some of the trades I have seen proposed are maybe as much as 5 first rounders.  I will trade the 2 Seattle #1s but then I am trading down from 2 and recovering 2 first rounders,.

Been saying this for some time now, to those who want Watson. Only way any SMART GM would do that is to keep our own #2...

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

If you really think about it, we got two 1st for this prick, we robbed the Seahawks blind, it was like taking candies away from a baby in Halloween. 

Trade both 1st in 2021 amd Seattle's 2022 and make it a deal. Stop crying about these picks.  If Watson plays for.us HE WILL bring talent. A combo of Saleh/Watson will attract many studs. 

So, thank you Seattle and Jamai Adams. You have provided the assets to get a prime time player and a chance to resurrect our beloved franchise.

So then its two first and the 1st we spent on Jamal to get those two picks from Seattle.  

Cant disregard that.  

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

Texans spent a 1st on Watson.

And?  Thats not the point, the point is we invested a first in Jamal, we didnt get a net of 2 picks back, we got an extra 1 back and the original investment.  Almost, we used the 6th pick to get Jamal, not the 23rd

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And?  Thats not the point, the point is we invested a first in Jamal, we didnt get a net of 2 picks back, we got an extra 1 back and the original investment.  Almost, we used the 6th pick to get Jamal, not the 23rd

We both want the same thing and I believe Watson gives us the best opportunity.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, QB1 said:

So if you win the lottery by your logic will you give me the money since really you are only giving me a $1

Exactly, just because I only spent $10 on a scratch off that won me $1,000,000 doesn't mean I'm going to be frivolous and blow it all like I'm on some bi-polar manic spending spree, because hey, it's like I "only" blew $10 dollars...it house money. Lol 

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Such a stupid post. We have the #2 pick. That has the same value as 3 #1 s from a  team in the 10 range. #2 needs to be completely off the table or if Houston insists it is the only pick they get.

This. If you want the second, then you ain’t getting a pick from 2022. The #2 pick isn’t some random first rounder. It’s insanely valuable especially if we see a few more QBs retire. 

45 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Do you think three position players will be more valuable than a top 3 QB in the NFL for 10 years? I think the chance of those picks being a better situation is under 10%.

I never said that.

I called him a game changer.  

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Stop it, Nico. Its boring. 

Sam Trashold is a GONER.

Ironically, he started this new account as an alter ego that was anti-Darnold but after a few days he just couldn't help himself and slid right back in.

11 hours ago, Bronx said:

Well, I hope you strike gold with either Darnold or any of the rookies. Let's recheck this post 3 years from now.

I don’t think we’ll have to wait that long.  I would hope that the players selected in the adams trade will pay dividends from game one. Same thing with the no. 2 pick or any first day picks they get for trading down.

it interesting to think the jets would essentially be trading a pick plus adams for Watson.  I don’t think it passes the analysis though.

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They are not linked.

Again, add in the #6 overall we used to get Jamal. 

That probably wont be enough to get him. You'll need to add in at least another 2 and maybe a 3. I'll be excited if we get him but won't be too disappointed if we don't knowing what the cost will be. The Texans went 4-12 this season on a team that was better than ours. His situation shows that having a great QB but little else wont get you very far in todays NFL. I think the days of the Tom Brady's and Peyton Mannings carrying mediocre teams are behind us. There is so much talent in the NFL these days that if you have a glaring weakness or weaknesses, the stronger teams will take advantage and beat you when it counts. A couple solid free agents and Watson won't turn us into a super bowl contender. The picks we have, while not guaranteed to pan out, are key to turning this franchise around. If we do the deal, we need to figure out a way to keep some of our premium picks over the next 2 drafts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

If you can get away with #2 and Seattle's two first - it's a home fun.  It's a no brainer.

It sill gives you a first every year - this year's #2 would have been on a QB anyway, so that's a wash.

I was all on board with this at first glance but then I started thinking about what might have been had we kept our picks and moved down from 2 instead......you know, trusting JD to select a bunch of good players instead.  Tough decision!