Saleh press conference link

QB1

Just now, Scott Dierking said:

I majored in journalism. You only get so many questions. Why waste it with a stupid one that they can't touch.

you might want to get in touch with the idiot that asked about vetting coaches and do you talk to women - he needs help.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I majored in journalism. You only get so many questions. Why waste it with a stupid one that they can't touch.

also....this a "friendly" event....not writing an investigative report or something. lets say they do say something about Watson....could get them in trouble with the league. why would u want that? because you want them to go through the motion of saying "no comment"?

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

First an organizational change, now we will have a head coach that won’t be  calling any plays?

Folks, I cannot emphasize how important all of this is to the long-term success of this franchise.

I am officially stoked

Andy Read call offensive plays.... doesn't seem to hurt the team. Just sayin'

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The best thing from this conference is that Sam Darnold will be no where near this franchise next year.  These guys arent dummies.

wow did we read that differently...sounds to me like Darnold is our starter next year....which is awesome news.

• WTF? 1

Just now, MichaelScott said:

How are we feeling about Ulbrich for DC? I'll admit I've never heard of the guy. Spent part of last season as ATL interim DC. Since its a lateral move to another team, I guess this means that ATL declined to give him that position permanently...

He started season as a position coach until Quinn got fired. Arthur smith needs to hire a name DC because he’s an offensive guy so not surprising Ulbrich not returning there. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Andy Read call offensive plays.... doesn't seem to hurt the team. Just sayin'

Bill Bellicheck frequently calls plays during games....esp things like blitzes. This is such a dumb narrative. You want people to do what they are good at doing and have capacity to do. If Saleh cant call plays and do the job of a HC...yeah sure he can let someone else call plays.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I feel like Chris Johnson would be impressed and enamored by just about anything. You could set a squirrel loose in his office and tell him it’s a candidate and he would be blown away. Such a weird creepy little man. He even creeps me out and that’s saying something. 

Post of the thread right here.

lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

wow did we read that differently...sounds to me like Darnold is our starter next year....which is awesome news.

The 3rd pick in the draft that you traded 3 second round picks for.  When asked if he is going to be the starting qb next year.  When the answer is not an unequivically - Yes........................ 

that dude is toast.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

How are we feeling about Ulbrich for DC? I'll admit I've never heard of the guy. Spent part of last season as ATL interim DC. Since its a lateral move to another team, I guess this means that ATL declined to give him that position permanently...

Complete change of staff in Atlanta, so I wouldn't read too much into it.  There were a few teams linked to Ulbrich as a potential DC.  Saleh knows him and rates him, so that's good enough for me.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

The 3rd pick in the draft that you traded 3 second round picks for.  When asked if he is going to be the starting qb next year.  When the answer is not an unequivically - Yes........................ 

that dude is toast.

Of course he's gone and the Jets will take a QB at 2.

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

that dude is toast.

wrong. you are forgetting that the jets have the second pick with the aspirations of trading down....why would you commit to anything before the draft? if anything i am surprised they arent blowing more smoke up justin fields ass right now.

Darnold is the guy, 100%.

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

wrong. you are forgetting that the jets have the second pick with the aspirations of trading down....why would you commit to anything before the draft? if anything i am surprised they arent blowing more smoke up justin fields ass right now.

Darnold is the guy, 100%.

HAHHAHHHAHAHAHA.  This is almost as funny as your pic of darnold holding a lombardi trophy.  keep living in fantasy land dude.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Well I got the answer I wanted and even started a thread about---truly running the team, not DC and calling plays. YAAAAY!!!

Do not love that he is a "system" guy, but I did read an article that his defense was different each year and game specific so that might just be a bit of  a semantics thing.

Like the slogan, I think it can matter. 

His prepared words were semi-lame (I dont think written by him) but his answers were sharp.

Darnold clearly not part of the future.

Seems to be a solid young staff. Clearly his choices, JD or CJ would have forced a veteran assistant head coach type on him.

Personally glad to see the all out blitz philosophy go on defense.

I am cautiously optimistic. MUCH better initial impression than Gase who remains one of the more bewildering hires ever.

Have to think the Jets told the reporters no Watson questions. Answers could be construed as tmpering.

Gut feel: Saleh likes someone at 2. A lot.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Bill Bellicheck frequently calls plays during games....esp things like blitzes. This is such a dumb narrative. You want people to do what they are good at doing and have capacity to do. If Saleh cant call plays and do the job of a HC...yeah sure he can let someone else call plays.

It doesn’t mean he doesn’t have input or can’t call a blitz at times, it means he can concentrate on the whole team. 

• Upvote 1