Rumors of Texans thoughts on trading for Tua

There are a zillion Watson threads so I wasn't sure where to stick this. Felt it could be a discussion point by itself. 2 ways to read this:

1) Tua is not an option the Texans want to explore

2) Tua is not an option the Texans want to explore without a host of draft picks attached to him.

Not sure what to make of it but if it's option #1 it builds a stronger case for not overpaying.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I still think Tua and Joe Burrow can be the same guy. Both undersized with average physical gifts. Tua is younger than Burrow, don't forget Burrow didn't do much until his 5th year at LSU. 

How is Burrow undersized?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

you gonna be wasting your time over the next 2-3-4 months with this Watson sh*t

Maybe, but it's still fun and is actually totally possible.

This is GREAT news if true.  

If we can get this done for #2, Sam and one other first round pick I think it is totally palatable. 

Sam > Tua

#2 overall > #3 overall

Give them #2 overall, one of next years first rounders and Sam Darnold.

We'd still have a first round pick every year due to the Jamal Adams trade and still have a lot of cap room to get Allen Robinson and others. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, QB1 said:

I still think Tua and Joe Burrow can be the same guy. Both undersized with average physical gifts. Tua is younger than Burrow, don't forget Burrow didn't do much until his 5th year at LSU. 

Tua is 6 foot in heels. Burrow is 6'4 and set every SEC record for a team that was embarrassingly bad after he left. Alabama got better post Tua and 2 first round WRs leaving

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

you gonna be wasting your time over the next 2-3-4 months with this Watson sh*t

The beautiful thing is the Jets have all the leverage

Option 1) we get Watson

Option 2) we get Wilson

Option 3) we keep Sam and get a nice haul for the #2 pick

I'm happy with all outcomes, to a varying degrees of said happiness haha. And the rumor mill is great for making videos too haha

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Barkus said:

If you were Houston what would you rather have 

Darnold and #2 pick + or

Tua and #3 pick +

Wouldn't particularly want either QB, but #2 beats #3, especially when you suddenly need a QB

And lol people saying that Darnold is definitely better than Tua. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Statistically false.  

Tua dinked and dunked a lot, but 64 % completions, 11/5 TD:INT ratio and 87.1 QB rating would be welcome numbers to get out of Darnold.  And this was Tua's first season, while Darnold has been in the league 3 years.

Again, the delusional takes on Sam . . .  I've been spitting out my coffee all year on this board. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I'm willing to bet there are execs in the NFL who do value Sam more than Tua but declaring him better when he has been categorically worse is an interesting take.

IMO, there is no way the Texans decision has anything to do whatsoever with Sam or Tua. Neither would be a key piece of the deal.

Assuming Watson signed off on both Miami and NYJ, the 2nd vs. 3rd pick and overall package would matter much, much more.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Statistically false.  

Tua dinked and dunked a lot, but 64 % completions, 11/5 TD:INT ratio and 87.1 QB rating would be welcome numbers to get out of Darnold.  And this was Tua's first season (coming off a strange and shortened offseason), while Darnold has been in the league 3 years.

It's interesting that teams seem willing to move on from statistically better QB's, like Tua, Mitchell Trubisky, and Gardner Minshew, yet a sizable number of Jets fans somehow still want to hold out hope in Sam Darnold. 

?  ? DROP 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Is he? If they swapped places you might notice a difference in their performances.

I really, really hope Darnold is traded to another team so you can truly understand how bad the guy sucks.

Herbert had the 32nd ranked OL and still put up huge numbers. Tua is conservative as hell, but is generally accurate. He's not going to make the dumb play(s) weekly that Darnold makes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

I really, really hope Darnold is traded to another team so you can truly understand how bad the guy sucks.

Herbert had the 32nd ranked OL and still put up huge numbers. Tua is conservative as hell, but is generally accurate. He's not going to make the dumb play(s) weekly that Darnold makes.

^^^^
This