Jets org chart shift. Huge huge. #HT2AG

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is here, finally. Douglas is King. 

You've been screaming for this for about 3 years.  Now that it's been formally announced you're still whining.   Impressive, really.  

Posted Images

I know other teams have the GM and HC on equal footing but this is really good news for the organization that the Johnsons realize they may not have the knowledge or skills to execute that structure. This is a degree of self-awareness the Johnsons have not shown since...ever?

• Upvote 4
1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

Maybe but it’s not in culture 

If an employee can go over the head of a manager to the boss what power does the manager really have to oversee the employee 

Maybe but it’s the structure most teams have 

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I think this is way overplayed in fans heads when it comes to actual wins and loses 

Yeah it's one of those things you look at when the team is losing and point to as dysfunction. The Chiefs have it where Veach and Reid both report to the owner but no one cares because they win.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Maybe but it’s not in culture 
If an employee can go over the head of a manager to the boss what power does the manager really have to oversee the employee 

If that manager is thought to be incompetent or just lacks sound judgment, which happens a lot more often than you might imagine, then yes it is of paramount importance to go right over his head. I work with incompetent idiots, so I routinely go over their heads.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
I know other teams have the GM and HC on equal footing but this is really good news for the organization that the Johnsons realize they may not have the knowledge or skills to execute that structure. This is a degree of self-awareness the Johnsons have not shown since...ever?
They put that structure in place after they realised Idzik had been in over his head, but his was the only voice the Johnson's were hearing.

I'd be interested to read more about the reasoning behind this change ...it definitely suggests they are 100% convinced JD is "the one".

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I love how CJ basically said...."yeah sure, it's changed just to make you happy. Doesn't really make any difference you bafoons".

“We’re still going to suck whether you like it or not”

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I love how CJ basically said...."yeah sure, it's changed just to make you happy. Doesn't really make any difference you bafoons".

Correct.  Nothing has really changed.  He is just appeasing the fans.

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Now, they need to hire a VP of football operations to have Douglas report to. 

It is progress though.

My sense is that in time, if the team has the success it hopes to, Douglas ascends to that role and grooms a GM.

• Upvote 3
15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Correct.  Nothing has really changed.  He is just appeasing the fans.

The fans and the media have gotten themselves all twisted over this reporting structure nonsense as if it means something.  It doesn't.

If the CEO of a movie company doesn't like the director, he's going to be fired whether he reports to the producer or not.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I think this is way overplayed in fans heads when it comes to actual wins and loses 

I just like that it minimizes the Johnson dimwit twins.  They literally have NOTHING to do with football operations now...other than signing checks (with a mix of money from their Daddy and us)

1 hour ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

uwi3K.thumb.jpg.ed7e286f21d723f0d74025f8d1508e04.jpg

Based on an actual figure, he is believed to be one of two people that suffered the blood eagle. 

Wait.  I may be confusing my fat Middle Ages king. This is aella, the king that was blood eagled 

3932791C-A0C6-4ECA-A192-1C8AD9BBF33B.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You've been screaming for this for about 3 years.  Now that it's been formally announced you're still whining.  

Impressive, really.  

Thank you

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

King Joe.  I think I saw that Movie as a kid in the 90s.  John Goodman starred in it.  Maybe that was King Ralph.

King Ralph was hysterical.  I remember going to see that with my buddies in the theater when we were like 12.  i remember there being a super hot blonde in it w/ huge cans.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Now, they need to hire a VP of football operations to have Douglas report to. 

It is progress though.

Would love it, not going to happen though.

This is absolutely the best we could have hoped for if we are being realistic.

Just don't need Saleh having a weekly meeting with J or J.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

King Ralph was hysterical.  I remember going to see that with my buddies in the theater when we were like 12.  i remember there being a super hot blonde in it.

Wow. King Ralph, what a great flick.