Jump to content

Jets org chart shift. Huge huge. #HT2AG


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is here, finally. Douglas is King. 

You've been screaming for this for about 3 years.  Now that it's been formally announced you're still whining.   Impressive, really.  

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The fans and the media have gotten themselves all twisted over this reporting structure nonsense as if it means something.  It doesn't.

If the CEO of a movie company doesn't like the director, he's going to be fired whether he reports to the producer or not.

SAR I

Correct. 
 

The “power structure” is a show. 
 

The owner is the owner 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Larz said:

Based on an actual figure, he is believed to be one of two people that suffered the blood eagle. 
 

Wait.  I may be confusing my fat Middle Ages king. This is aella, the king that was blood eagled 


 

 

3932791C-A0C6-4ECA-A192-1C8AD9BBF33B.jpeg

Is that similar to earning your "red wings"?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It is here, finally. Douglas is King. 

Absolutely huge news. 

For the folks that think this doesn't matter go watch that Rams and watch a 40 yr old Frank Gore make the game winning catch and pat yourselves on the back. 

The Jags dumped all year. Eagles Dumped right in front of peoples faces while half our rookies couldn't sniff the field bc Douglas had no power over Gase. Thats not happening again. 

A big Thankyou to Chris Johnson for allowing this structure to go back to the way it should. Amazing job. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

If that manager is thought to be incompetent or just lacks sound judgment, which happens a lot more often than you might imagine, then yes it is of paramount importance to go right over his head. I work with incompetent idiots, so I routinely go over their heads.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using JetNation.com mobile app
 

Then your company is promoting / hiring the wrong people 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not saying your lying, cause I’ve heard that too, but I find that hard to believe 

Fact is the previous structure hasn't worked for the Jets, and that is all that counts. When something doesn't work you change it or as is always said "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insanity".

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think this is way overplayed in fans heads when it comes to actual wins and loses 

That's not what people are talking about.

The GM is suppose to be the head honcho.  You can't have the GM report to the owner, and then the coach reports to the owner and the GM has no final say in anything.  That is not the ideal power structure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm more worried about this.

SAR I

I was going to start a thread about Woody, does he come in and upset the apple cart, I mean the Apple Cart needed upsetting, But not when we finally seem like we have something together… Does he come in and change the vibe? Hope not…

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

That's not what people are talking about.

The GM is suppose to be the head honcho.  You can't have the GM report to the owner, and then the coach reports to the owner and the GM has no final say in anything.  That is not the ideal power structure.

Except.. it works just fine in Kansas City.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

FinalBruceLy. This is a sign, the sign, boys. We are turning this sloppy sheet around. Pats in cap hell. Bills are being gaslighted by Josh Allen. Miami thinks Tua is good.  Fire infused head coach. Young coaching staff. Non-committal to Sam Darnold. And now this? The pig is ripe for the slaughtering. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

JD  appears to be a guy who knows football, and at worst is competent as a GM  ... having him in charge of the football decisions is a giant step upwards from the $h*tshow we normally have

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Now, they need to hire a VP of football operations to have Douglas report to. 

It is progress though.

And then a VP for the operational VP to report to. Then a P. And don't even get me started on the A's and S's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

The fans and the media have gotten themselves all twisted over this reporting structure nonsense as if it means something.  It doesn't.

If the CEO of a movie company doesn't like the director, he's going to be fired whether he reports to the producer or not.

SAR I

Well, what is germane here is the daily reporting, which will not bubble up to Woody. Douglas will be the only voice that Woody hears; Douglas will provide the only report Woody is actually privy to. Douglas will patrol the lockers and sidelines and make the owner's presence felt (in varying levels of intensity lol). 

Saleh knows he can't hide. He's not a hider. Me; I'm a hider. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Woody is coming back. As a matter of fact according to Chris he was flying back at the time of the presser to introduce the new HC. And Woody goes again to the top of the depth chart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Would love it, not going to happen though.

This is absolutely the best we could have hoped for if we are being realistic.

Just don't need Saleh having a weekly meeting with J or J.

The real news here is that is appears the Johnson idiots are taking themselves out of harms way.  That’s all we can ask for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No it is in a stupid talking point from this forum.

Half the league has gm.and coach report to the owner.

Maybe but it’s not in culture 
If an employee can go over the head of a manager to the boss what power does the manager really have to oversee the employee 
 


Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It is here, finally. Douglas is King. 

I just listened to the Saleh interview and it appears to me that  Saleh is the king of this org and Douglas is part of his staff.   

I think this is the structure that Douglas also wants, manage the cap, find the players THAT FIT what Saleh wants, and I think their vision is aligned.    My take is that this now Saleh's team and Saleh's org and I'm pretty sure that Joe D is on-board.   

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It is here, finally. Douglas is King. 

this is ultimately meaningless and in fact potentially worse if the dick brothers don't respect the hierarchy, Loads of skip level one on one's betwen them and Saleh will cause issues,.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm more worried about this.

SAR I

Woody is not allowed to be involved in football activity until he's officially not the Ambassador anymore. This isn't really that hard to understand. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Woody is not allowed to be involved in football activity until he's officially not the Ambassador anymore. This isn't really that hard to understand. 

Certainly.

But I don't take Sally to be a liar, he seems to be a man of high integrity, so when he says he's never spoken to Woody I am inclined to believe him.

SAR I

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LionelRichie said:

I just listened to the Saleh interview and it appears to me that  Saleh is the king of this org and Douglas is part of his staff.   

I think this is the structure that Douglas also wants, manage the cap, find the players THAT FIT what Saleh wants, and I think their vision is aligned.    My take is that this now Saleh's team and Saleh's org and I'm pretty sure that Joe D is on-board.   

Did you listen to the Michael Kay interview? That isn't what I walked away thinking.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Did you listen to the Michael Kay interview? That isn't what I walked away thinking.

My takeaway is that it's a) a democracy and that b) Hymie Elhai is more important than I thought he was.

SAR I

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I think this is way overplayed in fans heads when it comes to actual wins and loses 

Nope.  It needed to be this way and this will have a huge impact on the health of the org. The value can not be overstated. 

Once players know that JD is top dog as well, we will never see a Jamal Adams going around the HC and GM to cry to the owner again. It's over. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Absolutely huge news. 

For the folks that think this doesn't matter go watch that Rams and watch a 40 yr old Frank Gore make the game winning catch and pat yourselves on the back. 

The Jags dumped all year. Eagles Dumped right in front of peoples faces while half our rookies couldn't sniff the field bc Douglas had no power over Gase. Thats not happening again. 

A big Thankyou to Chris Johnson for allowing this structure to go back to the way it should. Amazing job. 

 

 

 

100% correct !

And thats a great example you gave there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

My takeaway is that it's a) a democracy and that b) Hymie Elhai is more important than I thought he was.

SAR I

But the new coach clearly said he was told all along he was going to report to Joe Douglas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CTM said:

this is ultimately meaningless and in fact potentially worse if the dick brothers don't respect the hierarchy, Loads of skip level one on one's betwen them and Saleh will cause issues,.

You really ruin everything.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Maxman said:

Did you listen to the Michael Kay interview? That isn't what I walked away thinking.

I did listen to the Kay interview.   Saleh said specifically that he had a type of player that fits both the Offensive and Defensive schemes and the would tell JD + JD's staff exactly what he was looking for.   

What I took from that is that JD + staff are going to scout, assemble profiles on players they think fit the scheme, there would be a lot of collaboration, but ultimately it's Saleh who is in charge (i.e. setting the draft board, prioritizing FA's).  

Free Agency is definitely a collaborative effort.  I'm sure Saleh has players he likes but they need to fit into the cap + salary structure that JD has in mind.   Same is true for draft day trades.    

It definitely sounds like a partnership but I think Saleh gets his way on most key decisions.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SAR I said:

My takeaway is that it's a) a democracy and that b) Hymie Elhai is more important than I thought he was.

SAR I

Do you get the impression he’s involved in player evaluation ? Did anyone ask what his specific role was? Curious as he’s not present but he’s mentioned all the time now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...