The Boston Redsox 1 & Done

Smizzy

Smizzy, do you ever get sick of being wrong? :)

Would you like to put your money where your BIG mouth is?

Or would you like to continue running off at the mouth with no consequences?

Im willing to Bet...but do YOU have the Guts or just the mouth?

She definitely has the mouth (sorry Jone not sure if that PM was private or not).

The money I am not sure about.

Why "Year 2000" ? Wouldn't it be "2000" like we all did "1918"?

But don't worry, by the end of the 2005 season us Yankees fans will be able to chant "2004" or just say, haha, another championship, 27 to what? 5? 6? What is it now Red Sox fans?

Why "Year 2000" ? Wouldn't it be "2000" like we all did "1918"?

But don't worry, by the end of the 2005 season us Yankees fans will be able to chant "2004" or just say, haha, another championship, 27 to what? 5? 6? What is it now Red Sox fans?

I think that would be yeaah 2000.

You know those Chowds.

The don't call me the "woman with guts" for nothin', tough guy....

Welcome to the 1 & done club.

The NYY are going to mop the floor with you guys.

NYY win the Al.East by 10+ games.

Arod has better #'s than any redsox player and Manny Rameriz demand a trade by the end of the season.

Enjoy.

Maybe they maybe they will not, but if we can hang our hat on anything, at least the Sox have prooven to be able to come through in the clutch. :wink:

Maybe they maybe they will not, but if we can hang our hat on anything, at least the Sox have prooven to be able to come through in the clutch. :wink:

Don'y make me change your AVATAR. YOu will be forced to look at Yankee logo.

I will do it. LOL.

Don'y make me change your AVATAR. YOu will be forced to look at Yankee logo.

I will do it. LOL.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dam Yankee Board Nazi! :evil:

SJ...what kind of year do you think AROD will have? I expect BIG things. MVP type numbers personally.

I think you are right on. I think he'll have a monster year as you have to figure that Giambi will be better and matsui just gets better and better each year making that lineup pretty damn sick. The only thing that will stop him is if he really does develop into a cancer in the clubhouse that it may produce problems. But the numbers he'll put up this year will be awesome. He's certainly high on my fantasy wishlist this year for my drafts.

SJ I just saw your Avatar. HYSTERICAL.

I agree about the Yankee lineup. If Giambi plays well they are going to be tough. They still need to play as a team though and work on manufacturing runs. Come the postseason that makes all the difference.

Do you seriously think that Pavano and Wright are the answer? Pavano's had one good season and Jaret Wright hasn't done anything since he was a young rookie on the '97 Indians. Kevin Brown lives on the DL and that'll leave you with Mussina and Johnson who is older than dirt.

The Red Sox lineup is no slouch either, and they have a deeper bench than the Yankees. The Sox bullpen is better than the Yanks, the Sox bench is better than the Yanks, the Sox starting pitching is deeper than the Yanks.

The Yankees have too many question marks. Will Giambi recover? Bernie Williams is on the decline. Kevin Brown's health, RJohnson's age. Right side defense. Now the boss just had a blow up with Matsushi's agent the other day. Kind of a lot of questions with that payroll.

Speaking of payroll, $230 million dollars to be exact, yet no bench or pitching depth. We'll see what happens. You'd better hope that an injury plague doesn't hit, or I think the Yanks are in trouble.

I wouldn't write the Red Sox off just yet.

Do you seriously think that Pavano and Wright are the answer? Pavano's had one good season and Jaret Wright hasn't done anything since he was a young rookie on the '97 Indians. Kevin Brown lives on the DL and that'll leave you with Mussina and Johnson who is older than dirt.

The Red Sox lineup is no slouch either, and they have a deeper bench than the Yankees. The Sox bullpen is better than the Yanks, the Sox bench is better than the Yanks, the Sox starting pitching is deeper than the Yanks.

The Yankees have too many question marks. Will Giambi recover? Bernie Williams is on the decline. Kevin Brown's health, RJohnson's age. Right side defense. Now the boss just had a blow up with Matsushi's agent the other day. Kind of a lot of questions with that payroll.

Speaking of payroll, $230 million dollars to be exact, yet no bench or pitching depth. We'll see what happens. You'd better hope that an injury plague doesn't hit, or I think the Yanks are in trouble.

I wouldn't write the Red Sox off just yet.

I've got pretty good expectations for RJ, Pavano and mussina, but I dont expect better-than-average play by Brown and Wright

considering how every other pitching staff in the AL got worse in the offseason (other than the Twins), I think the yankees rotation will be fine

I've got pretty good expectations for RJ, Pavano and Pussina, but I dont expect better-than-average play by Brown and Wright.

I think the yankees rotation will be fine

Who do the Yanks have to spot start or replace if, I mean when, Kevin Brown goes on the DL?

Mussina owns the Sox, and Randy Johnson is a major pick-up and an innings eater. Other than that, I just don't see where their depth is after RJ and Mussina, assuming Pavano struggles. He is the biggest x-factor in your rotation, IMO.

• 1 year later...
Welcome to the 1 & done club.

The NYY are going to mop the floor with you guys.

NYY win the Al.East

Arod has better #'s than any redsox player and Manny Rameriz demand a trade by the end of the season.

Enjoy.

LOL....Could I have been any more correct? **** the redsox.

Archived