Woody Johnson returning to US to take back charge of Jets

As the Jets introduced a new coach, an old owner was flying home to take charge.

Woody Johnson was on a plane returning to the United States, Christopher Johnson said Thursday, after completing his position as ambassador to the United Kingdom during the administration of President Donald Trump. President Joe Biden was inaugurated Wednesday and government positions are turning over.

Christopher Johnson, who acted as the Jets’ principal owner in Woody’s absence, announced the change atop the structure Thursday during the news conference to introduce new coach Robert Saleh. Christopher will become vice chairman of the Jets and remain heavily involved in day-to-day operations, but Woody reassumes principal ownership duties.

Woody Johnson bought the Jets in January 2000 for $635 million. He turned control over to Christopher in 2017 in conjunction with his political appointment, and the hiring of Saleh will be the last significant development made without Woody’s final say on decision-making.

What will the impact of the change be?

Well, Woody Johnson, who was behind the Jets acquiring Brett Favre from the Green Bay Packers in 2008, is known to be enamored with star quarterbacks and there happens to be a disgruntled one who could hit the NFL trade market: Deshaun Watson of the Houston Texans.

Jets quarterback Sam Darnold was drafted while Woody was overseas.

Woody Johnson was accused of making racist and sexist remarks during his ambassadorship, but he has denied those allegations. Christopher, while at the helm of the Jets, reiterated his brother’s denials.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Exactly

Woody's run as owner has been 10 times better than Chris Johnson's.

Seriously 

The Jets have never had back to back losing seasons with Woody in charge meanwhile we’ve been sh*tastic with Chris at the helm.

Gase gets the credit for Douglas. Douglas gets the credit for Saleh.

Chris has done dick

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Zero percent chance Woody wasn't involved in the hire and assurances given to Saleh that Woody loves him.

They may not have spoken yet but that is so they can have plausible deniability. 

This way they can pretend that Woodrow wasnt involved at all in the hire while doing God's work in the UK....  

Speaking of which..  that was some 4 years..  makes last season look like a Super Bowl run by comparison.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson returning to US to take back charge of Jets

https://nypost.com/2021/01/21/woody-johnson-returning-to-us-to-take-back-charge-of-jets/

* I cannot copy and paste the article. Maybe @T0mShane can copy and paste it. Thanks 

Ctrl c - Ctrl V. It isn't that hard. If you can't do it maybe the whole new thread thing can wait.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Ctrl c - Ctrl V. It isn't that hard. If you can't do it maybe the whole new thread thing can wait.  :)

I tried it wouldn't work having issues with copy and paste from the NY Post

Others post links I'm not the only one. 

If I can't get it to work you are right I won't post. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I tried it wouldn't work having issues with copy and paste from the NY Post

Others post links I'm not the only one. 

If I can't get it to work you are right I won't post. 

That isn't enough.

Do 20 pushups.

We are expecting more. Robert Saleh is reading this stuff now, the bar has been raised.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Probably but im able to post copy paste form other newspapers and sits. 

The NY Post is the issue. 

I imagine an angry old man beating a CRT monitor with a shirtless picture of 1970s Lou Ferigno taped to it

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I did 25. 

All gas no brake. 

It won't happen again. 

The board needed some NY Jets news the DeShaun Watson stuff is getting old. 

They don’t count if you keep your knees on the ground