Woody Johnson returning to US to take back charge of Jets

57 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Woody coming back just in time to make sure Deshaun Watson is a Jet

i wonder if this is good for us.

JD probably has a line in terms of what he would give up in a trade for Watson,

does Woody now overide JD and tells him to give Houston whatever they want.

Is anybody worried that Joe Douglas or Robert Saleh won't get along with Woody?  I get the feeling they wouldn't want an owner who meddles with football decisions which I doubt Christopher did.  Woody wanted Favre and Tebow here, probably more than the football guys did.  I hope he doesn't drive away the 2 best hires we've made in years in the GM and Coach.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Is anybody worried that Joe Douglas or Robert Saleh won't get along with Woody?  I get the feeling they wouldn't want an owner who meddles with football decisions which I doubt Christopher did.  Woody wanted Favre and Tebow here, probably more than the football guys did.  I hope he doesn't drive away the 2 best hires we've made in years in the GM and Coach.

They should treat him like mushrooms, feed him ? and keep him in the dark.

1 hour ago, JetFreak89 said:

In terms of wins/losses, definitely since he benefitted from the Rex era...in terms of meddling with the team, absolutely not (Tebow says hello!)

Woody was basically owner from 2000-2016 until he left for the UK. In that time we had

9 winning seasons

11 seasons of .500 or better

6 playoff appearances 

1 division title

2 AFC Championship games.

Woody has his faults. He meddled with the team for Tebow, he wanted Revis back, Favre, etc. But his teams performances overall weren't that bad. 

Chris hasn't had a single winning season, hired Adam Gase, and botched the Macc firing. He finally did the right thing and got Macc out of here, but he should have done it when he fired Bowles. That cost us an off season and some bad contracts like the ones we gave to Mosley and Bell.

It seems like the beat writers like CJ better than Woody. But CJ has watched over some pretty horrible Jets teams in a short period of time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously 

The Jets have never had back to back losing seasons with Woody in charge meanwhile we’ve been sh*tastic with Chris at the helm.

Gase gets the credit for Douglas. Douglas gets the credit for Saleh.

Chris has done dick

Slick new threads 

1 hour ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Woody was basically owner from 2000-2016 until he left for the UK. In that time we had

9 winning seasons

11 seasons of .500 or better

6 playoff appearances 

1 division title

2 AFC Championship games.

Woody has his faults. He meddled with the team for Tebow, he wanted Revis back, Favre, etc. But his teams performances overall weren't that bad. 

Chris hasn't had a single winning season, hired Adam Gase, and botched the Macc firing. He finally did the right thing and got Macc out of here, but he should have done it when he fired Bowles. That cost us an off season and some bad contracts like the ones we gave to Mosley and Bell.

It seems like the beat writers like CJ better than Woody. But CJ has watched over some pretty horrible Jets teams in a short period of time.

Good post.

Woody is not great.

Woody is 100 times better than CJ.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good post.

Woody is not great.

Woody is 100 times better than CJ.

Woody laid the groundwork for this to totally fall apart though (which it did). He should have put someone else besides his brother in charge. The Johnson's have never really worked, so it seems difficult for them to outsource the one thing that makes them probably feel like productive people. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, docdhc said:

Woody is toxic.

• Upvote 1