Top one-liners in Jets history

nycdan

"You've got to clean the corners"

-Herm

This one, which was yelled at Parcells while he was a player by one of his coaches, was mentioned by Parcells many times, including while he was Jets head coach:

"Parcells, I wish you were a piece of crap out there because then at least somebody might slip on you."

• Haha 1

These quotes, in total, demonstrate why the Jets have been a colossal failure.

Empty, elementary school level statements with little to no thought or strategy behind them. Forever a bunch of wannabes and pretenders, the NFL's class clowns. 

Joe Namath can get a pass, he actually won something and played worth a damn. But the fact that his quotes stand out in relation to everyone else's, are a sad indictment of how the team has failed to produce anything remotely interesting since his time. 

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

With all the man-love for "All Gas No Brakes" it got me to thinking about the one-liners of the past that we loved/hated or simply took on a life of their own.  Here are a few of the ones that jump out.

"We're gonna win the game.  I guarantee it" - all time best one-liner in Jets history and nobody can touch it.

"Throw me the damned ball" - Ah Keyshawn...we loved your game but you were always a little insecure about Wayne.

"He's like an egg back there" - I forgot who said that but it definitely became a rallying cry of the ACM on the board for years.

"Let's go eat a god-damned snack" - Still the greatest line even uttered on Hard Knocks and the one that made a whole fan base fall in love with a head coach.

"Can't Wait" - Bart using two words to shut down a post-game interview like a boss.

"You play to win the game" - Herm being Herm.  What else can I say about this.

I'm sure there are more I missed.  Let's have at it.

they played hard-kotite

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Former Jets owner Leon Hess' Thanksgiving Day visit to practice in 1995 when, attempting to rally his players, he told them, “Let's go out with dignity and show 'em we're not horses' asses. 

Sorry I missed this being posted on first page

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

I think a unit of 11x F-16's would be very ineffective on a football field, but sure.  On one side, an F-16 IS quite difficult to tackle, but they don't throw or carry the ball very well since they have no arms.  I suppose on Defense an F-16 would be a mean tackler, but the constant unnecessary roughness calls for opponents sucked into the engine intake and turned to slush might become problematic after a while.

All in all, I'd rather we play like humans than Jets.

Who said he was describing an F-16? A C-5 Galaxy, now that would be tough to take on.

Or, with “all gas no break”, maybe a KC-135 tanker would be an ideal symbol...?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, predator_05 said:

These quotes, in total, demonstrate why the Jets have been a colossal failure.

Empty, elementary school level statements with little to no thought or strategy behind them. Forever a bunch of wannabes and pretenders, the NFL's class clowns. 

Joe Namath can get a pass, he actually won something and played worth a damn. But the fact that his quotes stand out in relation to everyone else's, are a sad indictment of how the team has failed to produce anything remotely interesting since his time. 

tumblr_pa86a5inmS1wjld4so9_500.gif

..the  NEXT  generation of NEW YORK jets fans  ^ ^  is watching    ?

On 1/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, section314 said:

There's always the classic Mel Kiper Jr. line after the Jets drafted Jeff Lageman at #14...."the N.Y.Jets  have no idea what the draft is all about."

I think that one hurt the most.  Mostly because it was true.

• Sympathy 1

On 1/21/2021 at 6:00 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Hello! Hands down the best one liner or quote in Jets history is, "you play to win the game."

Best part about that quote is that Herm always played not to lose....which inevitably, he always lost.

• Upvote 1