Top one-liners in Jets history

nycdan

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

"When we won the league championship, all the married guys on the club had to thank their wives for putting up with all the stress and strain all season. I had to thank all the single broads in New York."  -Joe Namath

Tt1hRAH.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

5P55EGUOSQLKNOYVQ2HUCDKKEQ.jpg

That move was caused by two things- the Mets, who were the prime tenants of Shea Stadium and continually forced the Jets to play road games until baseball season ended ( the Jets opened the 73 season with 6 straight road games) and Mayor Ed Koch who would not consider a new stadium for the Jets.  

On 1/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, SAR I said:

"I guess I shouldn't have gone water skiing."

--Joe Namath in 1974 after he went water skiing in the Bahamas while recovering from knee surgery and blowing out both his achilles tendons simultaneously.

SAR I

Someone must have told him it was like motor boating

On 1/21/2021 at 6:36 PM, SAR I said:

"I guess I shouldn't have gone water skiing."

--Joe Namath in 1974 after he went water skiing in the Bahamas while recovering from knee surgery and blowing out both his achilles tendons simultaneously.

SAR I

This is not true. He tore a hamstring when the  tow line broke,  he was not recovering from knee surgery, and he played through it. He was tough as nails. It was not repaired until 1976 before the trade to the Rams. 

11 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

One more, if only for Hess' hollow words.  Doomed forever to a sh*thole swamp.

VXL7EPWVQBYBGFEZOUOJSWRHHQ.jpg

I have had season tickets since 1980 and it was Shea that was the swamp/ dump.  Two inches of water in the bathrooms, no stadium security, 50 % of seats in the end zone, coldest windiest place on earth, horrendous parking.  

1 minute ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I have had season tickets since 1980 and it was Shea that was the swamp/ dump.  Two inches of water in the bathrooms, no stadium security, 50 % of seats in the end zone, coldest windiest place on earth, horrendous parking.  

Revolutionary concepts:  Renovate Shea or build a new park.  Wow.  Cool, huh?