Saleh Michael Kay interview

QB1

you guys know who Robert Saleh is right?

hes Rex Ryan.

very good DC who gets a HC.

very energetic

players love to play for him.

and hes real. just listening to him say how hes rooting for his best friend in GB to win. 

the guys made a comment after the interview, i don't know if its on this tape but they where talking about how last year Gase didn't even know if he was going to spend Thanksgiving with his family cause he had to look at tape. really? liar.

we tried the no personality, low energy coaches like Bowels and Gase. didn't work out for us.

i don't think Saleh's press conferences after game will be as entertaining as Rexs were. i don't see him wearing a wig. but other than that , hes Rex

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, doitny said:

hes Rex Ryan.

very energetic

and hes real. just listening to him say how hes rooting for his best friend in GB to win. 

the guys made a comment after the interview, i don't know if its on this tape but they where talking about how last year Gase didn't even know if he was going to spend Thanksgiving with his family cause he had to look at tape. really? liar.

we tried the no personality, low energy coaches like Bowels and Gase. didn't work out for us.

i don't think Saleh's press conferences after game will be as entertaining as Rexs were. i don't see him wearing a wig. but other than that , hes Rex

I hope he is MUCH more than Rex.  If he is Rex we fail.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Except he didn’t like him enough to lean toward Darnold as the 2021 starter even a tiny bit when Michael Kay gave him the opportunity to do so on a silver platter. He rejected the chance and said naming a starter “would be premature.”

But whatever. This guy is obviously smart. I also think JD is smart. That’s why I ultimately think they will draft a QB. But If they decide that Darnold still fits into their plans, I’ll accept it, as much as I dread having to watch Interception Boy for another year. 

I agree with you; I don't necessarily want Sam back here so I want to be clear. my contention is that Saleh is NOT blowing smoke in our face and "pretending" to say something that he doesn't believe is true and that says something about him to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Aside from being a DC, he’s really nothing like Rex. He’s not brash, he’s not cocky, he’s not just focusing on the defense. Saleh is so much more. 

I agree the word that oozes from him is humble..... Saleh is a humble and grateful man. 

Confident yes, but humble in that Saleh knows his success is dependent on those he works with and coaches.

Powerful for example, when he said that his job is to get his players successful enough that they get paid more money!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, doitny said:

hes Rex Ryan.

very energetic

Rex was always all about the D. He was pretty honest from the beginning that he was going to find an oc to run the offense and he was going to concentrate on the D. Coach Saleh seems to me to more buy into the HC as CEO coach, taking command of the entire team, and understanding the mechanics of what it means to be a successful coach, not just a star Xs and Os guy full of bluster, piss, and vinegar. I feel like he and Rex only share their history as DCs and being publicly passionate, and frankly there is a lot more to Saleh than that. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, doitny said:

hes Rex Ryan.

very energetic

I think the hope is that he's got all of Rex's best qualities -- but is also smart, organized, humble, etc. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Amazing. We haven't had a HOF coach in so long. He's accomplished so much already, it's unreal. 

Why don’t you just say it now and put your name on it.   You think this is a bad hire and you don’t think he will succeed.   

Don’t just make little snide remarks, put it right out there!!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Why don’t you just say it now and put your name on it.   You think this is a bad hire and you don’t think he will succeed.   

I think it's stupid to attribute success to someone who hasn't had any yet. He may possibly succeed, unlike the previous hires that I said were bad ones, I don't enough about this one. 

57 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think it's stupid to attribute success to someone who hasn't had any yet. He may possibly succeed, unlike the previous hires that I said were bad ones, I don't enough about this one. 

Being consistently negative is the most gutless way to be a fan. You care more about being right than enjoying the ride. If things work out you can claim to be pleasantly surprised, if not “ya told us so”. Sad, pathetic. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Joe Jets fan said:

We can be snide because we've seen this show before - Saleh is promising but he's a rookie defensive head coach like Herm, Rex, Bowles and Mangini. They were promising too.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Being consistently negative is the most gutless way to be a fan. You care more about being right than enjoying the ride. If things work out you can claim to be pleasantly surprised, if not “ya told us so”. Sad, pathetic. 

Telling fans how to be fans is gutless, sad and pathetic.  Mind your own fandom.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, QB1 said:

I'm sorry that you think attributing success where there is none is a good way to go through life. I'm also sorry that you feel the need to setup strawman and then you can't even win that strawman argument you setup. 

You couldn't even live up to your own word. 

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'm sorry that you think attributing success where there is none is a good way to go through life. I'm also sorry that you feel the need to setup strawman and then you can't even win that strawman argument you setup. 

You couldn't even live up to your own word. 

Took you an hour to come up with that?