Jump to content

Let's give Christopher Johnson some credit for evolving and getting it right this time


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all know he entered this too inexperienced and completely messed up in 2018.  Set this franchise back and maybe even ruined Sam.  We've beat that horse to death now. But I'll give the guy cred

He gets no credit for doing something a bunch of neanderthal jets fans like us on here knew for 5 years. Better late than never?  I suppose.

Demoting himself is the smartest thing CJ has done.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Christopher Johnson has proven nothing but failure.

No doubt Woody Johnson was in on the Robert Saleh  hiring. 

No doubt?

How was that?  CJ kept him in the loop?  Woody never talked to Woody, hasnt met him.  

Saleh said the reason he wanted to come to the Jets was CJ, JD & Hymie

CJ hired JD.  

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No doubt?

How was that?  CJ kept him in the loop?  Woody never talked to Woody, hasnt met him.  

Saleh said the reason he wanted to come to the Jets was CJ, JD & Hymie

CJ hired JD.  

 

 

Woody Johnson was involved in the hiring in some way shape or form. 

He didn't allow CJ to choose the next HC on his own. 

JD probably had the most say and recommended RS to WJ

CJ hired him with WJ approval. 

  • Post of the Week 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Christopher Johnson has proven nothing but failure.

No doubt Woody Johnson was in on the Robert Saleh  hiring. 

Saleh said he has never spoken to Woody. You should listen to the Saleh interview on Michael Kay. He credits CJ, Joe and Hymie. Hopes to one day meet Woody.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson was involved in the hiring in some way shape or form. 

He didn't allow CJ to choose the next HC on his own. 

JD probably had the most say and recommended RS to WJ

CJ hired him with WJ approval. 

He at best was told about Saleh and that he was being hired.  

CJ chose the coach on his own

Like he chose the GM on his own.

Like he fired Gase on his own after hiring Gase on his own.  

How would Woody have the ability to like or dislike the hire when Saleh wasnt even a DC when WJ left, would have no basis to like or dislike the hire.  

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He at best was told about Saleh and that he was being hired.  

CJ chose the coach on his own

Like he chose the GM on his own.

Like he fired Gase on his own after hiring Gase on his own.  

You can make it up to back up your point though

Not making anything up. 

Im offering my opinion just like you are. 

Truthfully I think JD had more to say in the hire than CJ. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Chris has proved himself multiple times over to be the significantly dumber of the Johnsons, which is no easy task.  The retention of Maccagnan and hiring of Gase were two of the most blatantly obvious of idiotic moves in team history from the very moment they were made, and are directly responsible for the dumpster fire this team was up until the past few weeks.  His incompetency to contribute anything of value is not some great strength, as it is literally the same exact reason he kept Maccagnan last time around, and also had him heavily involved in the HC hiring then.  The only thing that has really changed since then is our reason for hope that the guy they did the same exact thing with 2 years later isn't nearly as incompetent.

Woody is by no measure a great owner, but the team at least saw a few stretches of moderate success throughout his years, while the entire time with Chris was the biggest cluster**** this team has been since the Kotite years.

If Woody wasn't a bozo he wouldn't have scared away Belichick when Hess died.  Woody hired Mac, as well as Idzik, so let's call the brothers equally intellectually limited.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to have Chris Johnson Derangement Syndrome to not acknowledge that he is 2-0 with his last two big decisions. Chris Johnson had the final say on hiring JD and Coach Saleh. Even if we believe that these two decisions were no-brainers, he was still the one making the final decision. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not making anything up. 

Im offering my opinion just like you are. 

Truthfully I think JD had more to say in the hire than CJ. 

Joe, its a little more than an opinion, its kind of common sense.  You dont leave control to your bother and then while having no knowledge of a person approve or disapprove of his hire.  WJ has no real opinion of JD for that matter. 

I 100% agree that JD was the driving force to hire Saleh, that makes sense, his career is tied to it, he has to work with every day.  He wanted Saleh and as long as CJ didnt hate the pick, he was signing off.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thank you CJ for giving us a 10 year drought and having this awesome coach fall into your lap (should also thank Urban Meyer).  

We got lucky, very lucky.

No. We didn't get lucky. Joe Douglas and Chris Johnson had to convince the hottest ticket in the NFL to come to a disaster of an organization. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Thank you CJ for giving us a 10 year drought and having this awesome coach fall into your lap (should also thank Urban Meyer).  

We got lucky, very lucky.

10 year drought?

Didn't Chris show up a little over 4 years ago? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You have to have Chris Johnson Derangement Syndrome to not acknowledge that he is 2-0 with his last two big decisions. Chris Johnson had the final say on hiring JD and Coach Saleh. Even if we believe that these two decisions were no-brainers, he was still the one making the final decision. 

Especially after happily predicting that CJ would F it up.  Like he would F up the GM hire.  Whatever Saleh turns into we know he was a prime target of all but one team.  Was the only coach to interview with 6 of the 7 teams.  And where he wanted to go was the Jets.  

Have to give him credit for realizing the Gase hire was a mistake and dumping him.  Wasnt too proud and admitted the mistake by firing as some predicted he wouldnt.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Woody Johnson was involved in the hiring in some way shape or form. 

He didn't allow CJ to choose the next HC on his own. 

JD probably had the most say and recommended RS to WJ

CJ hired him with WJ approval. 

^^ this 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the last two years, Chris/Woody Johnson and Jim Dolan have both appeared to learn how to 'not do it wrong' for the first time in decades.  The Wilpons were never going to learn that, but they finally were forced to sell the team to someone who seems to get it as well.

What the actual hell is going on with NY sports?  I don't recognize this.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He gets no credit for doing something a bunch of neanderthal jets fans like us on here knew for 5 years.

Better late than never?  I suppose.

Agreed. Fukk him, spoiled POS. Literally 70 percent of the posters here could have done better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You have to have Chris Johnson Derangement Syndrome to not acknowledge that he is 2-0 with his last two big decisions. Chris Johnson had the final say on hiring JD and Coach Saleh. Even if we believe that these two decisions were no-brainers, he was still the one making the final decision. 

Im a JD fan but what's he done that's so exemplary???   Coach?  Hasn't even put on a Jets hat yet.  Let's not anoint them just yet,

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...