Jump to content

Let's give Christopher Johnson some credit for evolving and getting it right this time


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Im a JD fan but what's he done that's so exemplary???   Coach?  Hasn't even put on a Jets hat yet.  Let's not anoint them just yet,

Show me where I said that JD has been exemplary. Besides getting three picks for a box safety who is a locker room cancer, I'd say that JD is doing a satisfactory job so far. Could he have done a better job at securing a kicker? Yes. Could he have signed Robby for a reasonable contract? Yes. I haven't anointed JD, and it would be silly to at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all know he entered this too inexperienced and completely messed up in 2018.  Set this franchise back and maybe even ruined Sam.  We've beat that horse to death now. But I'll give the guy cred

He gets no credit for doing something a bunch of neanderthal jets fans like us on here knew for 5 years. Better late than never?  I suppose.

Demoting himself is the smartest thing CJ has done.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

You guys go for the deck chairs on the titanic gag literally every single time.

This would be funny if Rob Saleh wasn't the big ticket head coaching candidate. The team FINALLY has a promising GM with a promising HC at the right time. The right time being the cap situation and draft capital. The Gase disaster oddly enough set us up for this. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No doubt?

How was that?  CJ kept him in the loop?  Woody never talked to Woody, hasnt met him.  

Saleh said the reason he wanted to come to the Jets was CJ, JD & Hymie

CJ hired JD.  

 

 

I think Woody talks to Woody all the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

We all know he entered this too inexperienced and completely messed up in 2018.  Set this franchise back and maybe even ruined Sam.  We've beat that horse to death now.

But I'll give the guy credit, because he heard the criticism, evolved, and got it right this time.

Joe Douglas was allowed to run the HC search and he made the right hire.  The reporting structure is now fixed too.  It's Douglas's show with GM and HC on the same page.

Even if it is a bit late, thanks Chris.  I feel better about the future leadership of this organization than any time Woody has owned this team.  Of course, this being the Jets, now that Woody is back Chris is no longer in charge, just when he seemed to be moving up the Johnson bros power rankings.

Let’s hope we’re saying this a year from now.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Right. better late than never is the name of the day. 

OP is correct. At least CJ wasn't too proud to admit his mistakes and corrected them. Most guys at that financial level have no ability to do that.  I'll buy into giving the guy some cred. 

But yes. Any one of us could have done this job much much better than we've seen this past decade. 40 years really if you take out a handful of years. 😂

Soo..

Step 1: Do job really poorly

Step 2: Do job slightly less poorly

Step 3: Collect accolades for improving

I've been doing it all wrong and doing things well from the start.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Soo..

Step 1: Do job really poorly

Step 2: Do job slightly less poorly

Step 3: Collect accolades for improving

I've been doing it all wrong and doing things well from the start.

yeah cuz thats whats being said.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

He hit rock bottom running Rhule out of town and Hiring Gase. 

I guess one could say at least he seemed to understand that point of reference and self-corrected hiring the right man (JD) to hire the right man (Saleh).... delegation is something you learn a supervisor at McDonalds... but better late then never? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This would be funny if Rob Saleh wasn't the big ticket head coaching candidate. The team FINALLY has a promising GM with a promising HC at the right time. The right time being the cap situation and draft capital. The Gase disaster oddly enough set us up for this. 

This time it's different this time. Because reasons. This time.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

We all know he entered this too inexperienced and completely messed up in 2018.  Set this franchise back and maybe even ruined Sam.  We've beat that horse to death now.

But I'll give the guy credit, because he heard the criticism, evolved, and got it right this time.

Joe Douglas was allowed to run the HC search and he made the right hire.  The reporting structure is now fixed too.  It's Douglas's show with GM and HC on the same page.

Even if it is a bit late, thanks Chris.  I feel better about the future leadership of this organization than any time Woody has owned this team.  Of course, this being the Jets, now that Woody is back Chris is no longer in charge, just when he seemed to be moving up the Johnson bros power rankings.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I prefer to hold off on congratulating anyone until Saleh actually accomplishes something.

He was the right pick and the process was handled correctly.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real hire that C J has made on his own was Gase.  The other two he only signed off on after some one else selected them.

If you think Gase was a good hire, then give C J kudos.  Guys a Bozo 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have said this here before. I met Christopher as I am sure others have before a game a few years ago. He is a good dude. He wants to win and he is looking for answers in how to do it. Thats all you can ask from an owner.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BS! I said this in another thread Chris Johnson has done an excellent job. Things don't always happen overnight. I think he has listened to the fans, I think he listened to Gase which led to Joe Douglas which led to firing a bunch of people in the front office.

I think he has listened and learned a lot more than Woody ever did. I think it would be a huge mistake to remove him from his current post. The guy is clearly learning from his mistakes.

For chrissakes were just  finally putting it all together and changing the structure and things are happening and going in a positive direction. Let's not mess it up now.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ron Jeremy said:

No credit until wins on the board, heard and seen many great coordinators look the goods until they run a team. Greg Williams comes to mind.

LOVE the name...was Johnny Holmes unavailable?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I give him credit for realizing the management methods needed changing. Chris Johnson came on as a placeholder until his brother came back in a few years.  As such, he tried to just run the team as his brother did, selecting the coach and GM  separately.  This was unsuccessful, as it was unsuccessful under his brother. So he decided to make the change to where the coach is selected by the GM and answers to him, the way successful teams run things.  You might say it's no big deal, but somebody had to do it and he did.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RSJ said:

I have said this here before. I met Christopher as I am sure others have before a game a few years ago. He is a good dude. He wants to win and he is looking for answers in how to do it. Thats all you can ask from an owner.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

So did Leon Hess.. please , spare us the nice guy BS. Chris is an unaccomplished moron.  He is basically the biggest loser the Jets have had in 60 years based on our record.  Nothing else matters. my grandmother is a great cook....  she is as accomplished as Chris.  prove me wrong. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

N

So did Leon Hess.. please , spare us the nice guy BS. Chris is an unaccomplished moron.  He is basically the biggest loser the Jets have had in 60 years based on our record.  Nothing else matters. my grandmother is a great cook....  she is as accomplished as Chris.  prove me wrong. 

Your grandmother isn't involved in a 3 billion + organization? Glad she's a great cook, but I just proved you wrong.

Do you realize how much comes across this guy's desk on a daily basis? And let me make it clear I'm not picking on you or defending the Johnsons constant flubs over the years.

But you have to be realistic man. Like I said three billion plus organization. It's not a high school football team. It's not as simple as drafting 5 wide receivers in a deep wide receiver draft. I totally get that you're unhappy with the results that you're seeing on the field as am I, but the guy straightened everything out as close as it's been to right and as long as I've been following the team which is 25 + years.

 The johnsons are not cheap. They throw money at free agents, stadiums, new uniforms you name it. I'm pretty sure they're trying to get it right. Negativity from the fan base and or media definitely doesn't help.

 You can say it's all about results and I understand and respect that stance, however there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you probably realize. On a daily basis.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Your grandmother isn't involved in a 3 billion + organization? Glad she's a great cook, but I just proved you wrong.

Do you realize how much comes across this guy's desk on a daily basis? And let me make it clear I'm not picking on you or defending the Johnsons constant flubs over the years.

But you have to be realistic man. Like I said three billion plus organization. It's not a high school football team. It's not as simple as drafting 5 wide receivers in a deep wide receiver draft. I totally get that you're unhappy with the results that you're seeing on the field as am I, but the guy straightened everything out as close as it's been to right and as long as I've been following the team which is 25 + years.

 The johnsons are not cheap. They throw money at free agents, stadiums, new uniforms you name it. I'm pretty sure they're trying to get it right. Negativity from the fan base and or media definitely doesn't help.

 You can say it's all about results and I understand and respect that stance, however there's a lot more going on behind the scenes than you probably realize. On a daily basis.

Please find one substantial thing Chris has done?   We won’t agree here. I have worked with many successful people in my career. CEOs, billionaires , etc... none behave like Chris.  He is as close to a zero as it gets. Woody leaves a 3 billion dollar org to his unaccomplished brother?   Please don’t try to defend them.  They are clueless.  10 years and no where near a good team and you defend that?    I’m not negative.  I’m telling the truth.  

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, docdhc said:

If Woody wasn't a bozo he wouldn't have scared away Belichick when Hess died.  Woody hired Mac, as well as Idzik, so let's call the brothers equally intellectually limited.

Woody didnt chase Belichick away.  Beliechick was a paranoid weirdo who didnt want Parcells around and jumped for the Kraft offer of the keys to the org, which he was afraid he would never get with Parcells around.

Woody tried to get help with the hires that led him to Idzik and Macc, Idzik came from a search group, Macc from two HOF GMs.  Sometimes it doesnt work.  

CJ hired GAse, huge error.  But hes now hired JD and Saleh.  Might not be so intellectually limited.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Please find one substantial thing Chris has done?   We won’t agree here. I have worked with many successful people in my career. CEOs, billionaires , etc... none behave like Chris.  He is as close to a zero as it gets. Woody leaves a 3 billion dollar org to his unaccomplished brother?   Please don’t try to defend them.  They are clueless.  10 years and no where near a good team and you defend that?    I’m not negative.  I’m telling the truth.  

Nah I think you're just cranky and you got an axe to grind. You're not doing anybody any good here get some sleep dude.

 I will say this.. for all the years Woody was here he would change things up for no reason, make some knee-jerk reaction, fire or hire ...like Tim Tebow or Brett Favre.

 His brother has not done that. He seems much more composed and in touch. If you look at where we are set up right now that's all credited to him.

 I think Chris Johnson really gives a s***. He made changes throughout the entire organization.. his intentions are for better results on Gameday.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Nah I think you're just cranky and you got an axe to grind. You're not doing anybody any good here get some sleep dude.

 I will say this.. for all the years Woody was here he would change things up for no reason, make some knee-jerk reaction, fire or hire ...like Tim Tebow or Brett Favre.

 His brother has not done that. He seems much more composed and in touch. If you look at where we are set up right now that's all credited to him.

 I think Chris Johnson really gives a s***. He made changes throughout the entire organization.. his intentions are for better results on Gameday.

So next time you need surgery, have someone who really gives a shlt do it because they care and they’ll continually try to improve on their mistakes.   Top businesses never hire like that.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2021 at 12:51 AM, jetscrazey said:

We all know he entered this too inexperienced and completely messed up in 2018.  Set this franchise back and maybe even ruined Sam.  We've beat that horse to death now.

But I'll give the guy credit, because he heard the criticism, evolved, and got it right this time.

Joe Douglas was allowed to run the HC search and he made the right hire.  The reporting structure is now fixed too.  It's Douglas's show with GM and HC on the same page.

Even if it is a bit late, thanks Chris.  I feel better about the future leadership of this organization than any time Woody has owned this team.  Of course, this being the Jets, now that Woody is back Chris is no longer in charge, just when he seemed to be moving up the Johnson bros power rankings.

Woody being back is a great thing. Chris doesn't get praise for finally doing something right that was really easy to do.  Chris needs to go away when woody is officially back.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He is basically the biggest loser the Jets have had in 60 years based on our record.  

He has two years of being a loser owner, and has now secured well respected and highly sought after candidates at GM and HC. Hess and Woody each have more years as loser owners. Not sure what equation you’re calculating to get to your end result.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The usual candidates killing CJ because of knees and the Jets PR videos is one thing. But then to turn it around and directly or indirectly give credit to Woody as a better owner is absolutely ******* twisted. I mean, I’d expect fake news from that crowd, but damn.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...