Daniel Jeremiah first mock is out

He's been one of the most accurate and he definitely has some insight into JD. Sewell seems super risky to me very high because of the layoff.

Wilson, is the perfect fit for the offense and I think more and more will have him signficantly vover Fields.

When I watched the conference yesterday, I think JD and Saleh are like 90% on what they will do at 2, and Sam is a goner.

I do not think we aggressively pursue Watson, unless the compensation is too reasonable to pass up.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Has us taking Wilson and then Etine with the Seattle pick. 

honestly the mock itself is really weird, IMO. Sewel falling pretty far, and Fields down kinda far too. Definitely the oddest mock I’ve seen so far. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Ok. So, he says it is how he thinks it "could paly out". So, it is predictive, right?  And he has the Eagles at #6 taking Surtain and passing on Waddle, Smith, Pitts and Fields? 

21 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is the draft the jets need to trade down from #2 at least once if not twice.

• If a haul is offered for the second pick, I think that pretty much confirms they run it back with Darnold.

• If they can trade down twice in the first, this could be a franchise altering move, especially if Sam significantly improves with better...err...actual coaching.

• Sympathy 3

HELL YES 

Pick

New York Jets

New York Jets
Travis Etienne · RB

PICK ACQUIRED FROM THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

School: Clemson | Year: Senior

Don't get caught up in the "we can't take a running back in the first round" conversation. You need to have playmakers on offense to play winning football. Etienne would add an explosive element as both a runner and receiver. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

He's been one of the most accurate and he definitely has some insight into JD. Sewell seems super risky to me very high because of the layoff.

Wilson, is the perfect fit for the offense and I think more and more will have him signficantly vover Fields.

When I watched the conference yesterday, I think JD and Saleh are like 90% on what they will do at 2, and Sam is a goner.

I do not think we aggressively pursue Watson, unless the compensation is too reasonable to pass up.

What’s interesting about the Sewell is risky because of the layoff conversation that’s happened here and elsewhere is that Slater being ranked above him some places (like by DJ), but Slater was also an opt out.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hes had slater above sewel for a while now.

Fields below wilson and lance.

This is the draft the jets need to trade down from #2 at least once if not twice.

Lots of what I consider nice prospects mid 1st round and we can address a lot of needs in this draft and be loaded for the 2022 draft.

Two years from now we have a rebuilt team.

Absolutely, if the Jets run with Sam, trade back multiple times, many good prospects in the mid 1st to 3rd round range.

30 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Has us taking Wilson and then Etine with the Seattle pick. 

honestly the mock itself is really weird, IMO. Sewel falling pretty far, and Fields down kinda far too. Definitely the oddest mock I’ve seen so far. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-zach-wilson-to-jets

Usually the mocks line up the same way give or take a few positions flipped.  We then become brainwashed with the consensus picks but come draft night the teams are thinking a whole different way.  At that point we trash the "experts" for knowing nothing only to go through the same cycle a year later.

• Upvote 1

I don't want a "haul" of draft picks. I want a franchise QB. For any given number of draft picks, a good percentage are going to fail or fall short of being starter material. So tired of hearing about how getting a bunch of picks for the #2 will instantly transform the team. JD will have to be very lucky for that to happen.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Our QB currently resides in Houston, TX. He’s only 25 years old. He has an awful running game, average wide receivers, no tight end, average offensive line yet still managed to throw for almost 5K yards, 33 touchdowns, and only 7 interceptions. 

I don''t think many of us don''t want this to be the case.  I've heard only a handful of people complain about his production. 

The reality of landing him is the hard part.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, derp said:

What’s interesting about the Sewell is risky because of the layoff conversation that’s happened here and elsewhere is that Slater being ranked above him some places (like by DJ), but Slater was also an opt out.

Oh didn't realize that. so bad assumption on my part then

25 minutes ago, Icer said:

Don't draft RB's in Round 1 unless you have a stocked roster already

I generally agree but it's less egregious towards the bottom of the round because the 5th year option is important. If you think Etienne is a playmaker I would have no problem with it. He could play here for 5 years and then let some team overpay for him when he's on the downside. 

17 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Our QB currently resides in Houston, TX. He’s only 25 years old. He has an awful running game, average wide receivers, no tight end, average offensive line yet still managed to throw for almost 5K yards, 33 touchdowns, and only 7 interceptions. 

and he'll have the same in NY/NJ

• Post of the Week 1

This is where we see if Woody is really back to his old self here, because he would overpay for Watson so he can fill the seats next year.  

JD is flawed in almost the other direction-he basically burned 2020 because he would not overpay for Conklin and Anderson while trying to find prospects in the draft that would take a year plus to develop (Hall, Clark, Zuniga) and unloading Bell and Adams.  

We don’t want to panic buy, but can’t wait until next year every year to be competitive. 

I would offer the Texans both 2021 first rounders for Watson, if they take Darnold and his salary too.  That is it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

19 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Sounds like you’re describing the Jets offense without DW of course. Awful run game, average WR (I wish), no TE, average OL.