Daniel Jeremiah first mock is out

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

We need a feature RB 

Etienne is a good one speed elusiveness can catch when used as a WR. 

Unless of course you were happy with Frank Gore. 

Are Gore and Etienne the only available RB's this off-season?

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's wrong this year.

Obviously this is the mock you want to pay attention to as a Jets fan. He nailed the Becton to Jets pick last year. He’s got us going with Zach Wilson.    

A few things:  If the Jets are picking second, I agree they will pick Zach Wilson. There is no scenario they pick 2nd and draft a player that's not a QB. As the process unfolds, I think we'll

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

Are Gore and Etienne the only available RB's this off-season?

The top 2 RB's in the draft are Etienne and Harris. 

Frank Gore is not even an option if JD signs him again he should be fired. 

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hes had slater above sewel for a while now.

Fields below wilson and lance.

This is the draft the jets need to trade down from #2 at least once if not twice.

Lots of what I consider nice prospects mid 1st round and we can address a lot of needs in this draft and be loaded for the 2022 draft.

Two years from now we have a rebuilt team.

this ^ ^ 

😎

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hes had slater above sewel for a while now.

Fields below wilson and lance.

This is the draft the jets need to trade down from #2 at least once if not twice.

Lots of what I consider nice prospects mid 1st round and we can address a lot of needs in this draft and be loaded for the 2022 draft.

Two years from now we have a rebuilt team.

There are a few guys with Sewell #2. How is one not ranked 1st in his own draft class universally but called Generational?

14 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

There are a few guys with Sewell #2. How is one not ranked 1st in his own draft class universally but called Generational?

Because 'generational' is the most foolish term used in sports, well second most 'star' and 'super star' is worse.

Zach Wilson and Ja'Marr Chase are very underrated on this board.

Etienne at #23 is not my favorite pick, but I would be on board. The Jets need playmakers and that includes a #1 RB.

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Most teams still alive in the playoffs have a viable running game with 2 decent RB's 

GB Jones-Williams 

TB Jones-Fournette

KC Edwards-Halaire-Williams-Bell 

Buffalo Singletary-Moss 

Our RB's not even in the same league as any  listed. 

Lafluer is picking the rb that best fits the system.   After 2 days as HC the one thing evident from saleh is that he is committed to a system on both sides of the ball. 

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Zach Wilson is not underrated anywhere. I've personally never seen a one year wonder praised as much as Wilson either here or Twitter or anywhere really.  He's routinely compared Rodgers and Mahomes after 1 year of dominating the MWC. 

It's just not true. I distinctly remember articles saying Wilson is a dark horse for the Heisman over the summer. He started rising and was viewed as a potential first round pick after going 18/18 with 317 yards and 4 touchdowns in his bowl game in 2019.

Regardless, it really doesn't matter. College players rise and fall very quickly and in the span of one year all the time. Look at our very own Q Williams who went from rotational college player to #3 overall pick in one year.

Judge him on his skills which actually translate very well to the NFL. He's goes through progressions.  He's aggressive in his decision making but still takes care of the football. His release is top notch. He takes snaps from under center. He's decently mobile. There is alot to like, and people like Daniel Jeremiah see it too.

I’m not a fan of RB that early but I’d support the pick. This team not only has sucked but is boring to watch. Still prefer a DW trade but Wilson and Eteinne would bring some much needed explosion and fun to this offense 

4 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I don’t see Wilson as a #2 overall QB talent. I’m no expert, but with his shoulder injuries and small frame, it just doesn’t seem to fit. Late 1st, but more like a solid 2nd round choice I’m my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He’s a Jordan love type prospect. Look at loved college tape it blows away Wilson 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He's been one of the most accurate and he definitely has some insight into JD. Sewell seems super risky to me very high because of the layoff.

Wilson, is the perfect fit for the offense and I think more and more will have him signficantly vover Fields.

When I watched the conference yesterday, I think JD and Saleh are like 90% on what they will do at 2, and Sam is a goner.

I do not think we aggressively pursue Watson, unless the compensation is too reasonable to pass up.

So you know what’s happening with Sam but JD and Saleh are 90%? 

I love this stuff

I admittedly don’t follow the college game as closely as most on this forum, but the torn labrum in his throwing shoulder spooks me. It was an injury he sustained in high school and those tens to linger even after surgical repair. Just has a Chad Pennington feel to me. I loved Chad, but he was a noodle arm as a result of the shoulder damage. His was a rotator cuff, which is worse but not by a mile.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Based on our HC hire and offensive game plan this is an awful mock. 

Install the offense perfect for Sam AND draft a QB

Install an offense predicated on pre snap movement where you never know who is going to hurt you out of the backfield AND draft a 1st round RB

AND pass on Deshaun while simultaneously giving up on Sam...why? 

6 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I'm sure they'll explore a trade down but coming away with Zach Wilson and Ettiene would be a good start to revamping this offense. 

i dont think RB is a big need. not a #1 pick need.

Johnson avg 4.7 yds on 54 carries

Adams avg 5.4 on 29 carries.

give them a shot. maybe add a mid to late round RB and Perine and see who wins the job. 

this is why Adam Gase really sucks. in  a 2-14 season he gives a 37 yr old RB the bulk of the carries and does not try to see what these two young men can do. the little we seen of them they looked pretty good. 

Having just drafted Sam so recently, seeing other teams draft chase, waddle, smith, this Wilson pick would be very disappointing I have to be honest. 

the top free agent WRs will probably re-sign with their current team so who is Wilson throwing to ? Mims when he’s not hurt?

Trade down to where you get either chase or smith and coach Sam up seems to make more sense 

of course if depends on how the current staff views Sam 

if the OC , passing game coordinator and QB coach think Sam can be rebuilt I say do it 

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

It's just not true. I distinctly remember articles saying Wilson is a dark horse for the Heisman over the summer. He started rising and was viewed as a potential first round pick after going 18/18 with 317 yards and 4 touchdowns in his bowl game in 2019.

Regardless, it really doesn't matter. College players rise and fall very quickly and in the span of one year all the time. Look at our very own Q Williams who went from rotational college player to #3 overall pick in one year.

Judge him on his skills which actually translate very well to the NFL. He's goes through progressions.  He's aggressive in his decision making but still takes care of the football. His release is top notch. He takes snaps from under center. He's decently mobile. There is alot to like, and people like Daniel Jeremiah see it too.

None of that has anything to do with him being underrated.  At all.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

None of that has anything to do with him being underrated.  At all.

Most mocks have Wilson going in the top 5, and this mock has him going #2.

Yet 80% of the board wants nothing to do with him. He's even been called undraftable by some.

If that is not underrated, then what is?

Perhaps my perception is off, but this is what I have gathered in the past few weeks from various threads.

The same can be said of Ja'Marr Chase. I started a thread a couple weeks ago that he should be part of the conversation at #2 and was down voted and ridiculed. He is regularly being mocked in the top 5.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Zach Wilson is not underrated anywhere. I've personally never seen a one year wonder praised as much as Wilson either here or Twitter or anywhere really.  He's routinely compared Rodgers and Mahomes after 1 year of dominating the MWC. 

Joe Burrow?

6 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

He says, ”Sewell could go as high as #3 to Miami.”

I thought DJ and JD were buddies, and yet he ever so casually dismisses him to us.  Weird that he doesn’t even consider him for the Jets. 

Should someone tell @bitonti or should I do it? 

DJ and JD worked together over two scouting departments. That might make them friends. Or not. Mcshay and JD played college football together. That's a different level of friendship usually. And to be honest I don't believe either one knows jd for sure 

1 hour ago, Mo Lew said:

So you know what’s happening with Sam but JD and Saleh are 90%? 

I love this stuff

It's an opinion, but JD and Saelh are using "coachspeak" to talk up Sam for a trade.

They said something in the press conference that seemed to suggest they had a QB plan in place.

Completely disagree with this mock. I do believe Sam is a goner and the Jets will target a QB at #2. Maybe it will be Wilson but I'm not quite sold on that. highly doubt JD takes a RB, even Etienne, with the Seattle pick. I think he will trade down, take O-line or a Pass Rusher.  

I also think the Jets will seriously consider a trade for Watson if an offer actually materializes. I think JD values draft picks so I doubt he will give up a massive haul, especially if Watson is demanding a trade. However, I could def. see him giving up #2 this year and our 2 first rounders next year or something to that end. One thing he has already shown is that he is able to generate more draft picks from the draft picks he has. So I would not be surprised if we traded for Watson and then JD moved down in the draft to add more picks. I think people are underestimating how much of a game-changer getting Watson would be. People talk about his contract without talking about the player- THIS IS WHAT FRANCHISE QBs COST. Would you trade for Kyler Murray? Well, guess what, he's a FA in 2023. Get ready to pay him. Would you trade for Lamar Jackson? Josh Allen? Take any talented young Franchise caliber QB and they are about to get PAID. None of them other then Mahomes have won a SB. And Mahomes already got paid. 

In Watson you lose draft capitol but you get a QB under contract until 2026 and you KNOW he is legit. There's no development period. There's no- maybe this guy is a bust. You know he is the real deal. Just build around him. You still have draft picks and if you are smart you will still have plenty of cap space.  

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, GreenFish said:

If we take a QB at #2, Wilson should be the guy. Dude has crazy arm talent. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is eventually viewed as the best QB in this draft.

I like Etienne, but if the draft broke this way, I’d want us to trade back from that 23rd spot. I would hope one of Slater or Vera-Tucker would be there but he has them going really early. We might be in no mans land with that 23rd pick. Top corners gone as well.

Zach wilson has crazy arm talent. He also has 2 shoulder reconstruction. Rich man's Chad Pennington 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, jgb said:

Watson threw for 4800 yards last season with the #32 ranked running game.

Mainly because the Texans were behind in every game. The Jets got behind in every game and ran Frank Gore , tells us either how bad Gase was or that he had no faith in Darnold. 

31 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Zach wilson has crazy arm talent. He also has 2 shoulder reconstruction. Rich man's Chad Pennington 

His health is a valid concern. I would expect our medical staff to review his history. If they don’t sign off, than pass. But I won’t speculate since I have no idea.

Pretty sure he’s had one shoulder surgery and one hand surgery though.

JD to DJ “I’ll make sure you’ve got good intel on our first pick and any interesting evals if you keep feeding everyone the idea that we might take a running back in the first round.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, bitonti said:

His non throwing labrum also was reconstructed in the same offseason. Which is why he looks like a man who hasn't done a bench rep for a year. Because he hasn't. 

Team Wilson is trying to get this product on the market before it breaks again. The dude really needs a senior bowl to prove it against sec types. And a senior year to get stronger. But he is injury prone and could lose it all with one more incident. The whole thing is a nightmare from the risk perspective. I'm impressed by his arm talent but his competition was garbage and his injuries are scary. He's not necessarily blessed with an NFL body. I'm no fields fan but I'd take fields over wilson purely on attributes 

Got it. Thanks.

I like him a ton as a prospect but I’m not pounding the table for him because there’s a lot I don’t know. My pounding on the table is currently being directed for a certain QB that lives near the gulf coast and may be traded.

But good to know that both of Wilson’s shoulders were operated on.

I was so impressed with Alabama and their offense in the national championship. Two players that you can't possibly go wrong on IMO is Devonta Smith and Najee Harris. If the Jets stayed at 2 and took Smith, then got Harris at 23? I would be on cloud 9......

20 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Running backs are only as good as the line is. Running backs are only good when the team fears you passing. Let’s work on that  first, ok?

How about we work on both at the same time ok?  You do realize that both Scherf and Thuney are FA plus we have 5 picks in the first three rounds.  Are you saying we can't get more o-line help and top running back in the same off season?    Do you think all the top offensive lineman will be gone by the third round?   Every year that is proven to be false.  Even if you take an OL in the first or second round, you can still take a running back with our first or second third round pick.  A guy like Washington's Antonio Gibson would have looked very nice in Jet Green last year and he went in the third round.   A good GM can maximize the draft and free agency to fill both positions.  

• Upvote 1