Jump to content

Top 5 Jet Players To Re-sign


Recommended Posts

GreenBean is driving all over Florida and this week he is talking about Jets free agents. Robert Saleh has been formally introduced and the coaching staff is coming together. The team held the introductory press conferences and everyone seems to be feeling good.

Now the work on building the team for 2021 begins. The Jets have 25 free agents, that is almost half the roster.

Who will walk, obviously Frank Gore's time here is done. Some people want Breshad Perriman as the 4th wide receiver but he doesn't play special teams. Jordan Jenkins doesn't dominate, he is a decent linebacker and racks up some coverage sacks but it is probably time to move on. Joe Flacco needs to go, the QB position needs an upgrade from top to bottom. Peanut, Patrick Onwusar, we are still waiting for him to get on the field.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

i watched this.  greenbean made some good points.  totally agree on letting jenkins, flacco, an gore walk.  i think i'd also let anderson go. perriman is hard to say.  he made some good catches but he's not a dominant receiver,  also agree on keeping langi, poole, elflein.  the dline players are tough because they're changing to a 4-3.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i watched this.  greenbean made some good points.  totally agree on letting jenkins, flacco, an gore walk.  i think i'd also let anderson go. perriman is hard to say.  he made some good catches but he's not a dominant receiver,  also agree on keeping langi, poole, elflein.  the dline players are tough because they're changing to a 4-3.

Perriman played well enough to earn another contract here Teams need depth at WR 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Perriman played well enough to earn another contract here Teams need depth at WR 

What role are you signing Perriman for?

If he wants to be our 4th WR behind Crowder, FA, and Mims and play for $4/5 million per year, then Id love to have him back.

If he wants to be one of our top 2 WRs and get $8-10 million per year, I dont think thats a good use of cap space.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What role are you signing Perriman for?

If he wants to be our 4th WR behind Crowder, FA, and Mims and play for $4/5 million per year, then Id love to have him back.

If he wants to be one of our top 2 WRs and get $8-10 million per year, I dont think thats a good use of cap space.

I was thinking a #4 after we sign a true #1 in free agency  and draft a dynamic #1 rookie. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Damn lucky guy @GREENBEAN in sunny warm Florida talking NY Jets football. 

Nice job. 

Safe travels. 

It was 32 degrees the other day so it's not all sunshine Joe.  Then again today was 80 so there's that 😂

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rangerous said:

i watched this.  greenbean made some good points.  totally agree on letting jenkins, flacco, an gore walk.  i think i'd also let anderson go. perriman is hard to say.  he made some good catches but he's not a dominant receiver,  also agree on keeping langi, poole, elflein.  the dline players are tough because they're changing to a 4-3.

The thing with Anderson is that he's not a FA so i left him out. This was more just to bring up a few lesser discussed names. I'm gonna make a full cock offseason and talk about all of that stuff for ya. 

But yes. Anderson needs to take his $5 mil per sack and leave the building  😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Perriman played well enough to earn another contract here Teams need depth at WR 

The problem with that is that the bottom of the WR group need to play specials. Can't have an injury prone WR in the 4th-6th WR spots unfortunately.  I think he's a very good WR, but again the injuries are a problem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...