Ignore expensive FA RBs and don't draft a RB in the first 2 rounds

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Has nothing to do with we need CBs.  No one is saying ignore the offense, its not one or the other.  We dont need to use the 23rd on a RB.  

A 1st round I agree, but after that why not ?? I think we care to much about the defense and we forgot the offense need to score points. Like I said, all the defense will be better if they play 20 to 30 snaps less per game because the offense can drive

15 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

A 1st round I agree, but after that why not ?? I think we care to much about the defense and we forgot the offense need to score points. Like I said, all the defense will be better if they play 20 to 30 snaps less per game because the offense can drive

I was talking about the 23rd pick, the second number 1 on a CB

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

It WAS TD, but he STOLE the Salute Celebration from Adrian Murrell, who did it to honor his Father, a career soldier who retired from the Army a Command Sergeant Major. Murrell was saluting after Touchdowns as early as 1995, but '96 was his best year.

TD, who had zero connection to the military,  did it because it looked cool. **** him.

?

thanks.  but didn't they also have a back around the same time who put up good numbers?  shanahans system really helped the backs.

4 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

The fact that we can go signing 1 or 2 DB from the 49ers would help!! Sherman and Williams (only 25 yo) can be really good signings

I have no doubt that Sherman to the Jets is already a done deal.  He'll essentially be Salahs Bart Scott for the Jets

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I'm throwing a flag on this list.

Cook was a 2nd round pick because of non-football reasons.  He was easily a mid-1st rounder if not for the legal issues and to some extent, shoulder injuries.  So no surprise he ended up being one of the best RBs in the game.  

5-yard penalty.  Repeat 1st down.

That's all.  Carry on.

I did get Henry wrong but your comment is my point.  Good RBs are pretty much drafted high.

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not sure what Michael Carter has to do with my point.  I don't have a huge problem with burning a pick on RB, but I don't think it is imperative.  My point was that our RB stable was better if they stopped trying to feed Bell and Gore and let the ball go to the players that were playing well - Ty Johnson and Josh Adams didn't get many carries despite obviously having more success that the others.  Ballage ran okay and did well out of the backfield, but at least his blowing blitz pickups explains why didn't get run.   I was saying that they don't need to sign or draft anybody and they would still probably be better.  I assume the new guys will want their own guys, so there will probably be tons of turnover.

You said enough with washed up running backs and quoted me, or don't you remember?  I was trying figure out what that had to do with my post in the first place.    I had asked about taking Carter in the 3rd

On 1/25/2021 at 3:42 AM, funaz said:

Agreei thought this was common sense. RB are found in late rounds. You. Get three important picks each draft rounds 1-3 you need to spend those picks are valuable positions.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

They are? Henry, Cook both second rounders. I wouldn’t use a first, but using a second on a guy you can hand the ball to and has the ability to create us valuable. You don’t win games with Frank Gore or Lamical Perine either. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/23/2021 at 1:23 PM, joewilly12 said:

A decent playmaker RB like Etienne or Harris instantly improves this offense that failed to win games and score points in 2020. 

A viable running game will help the passing game. 

ugghhh..

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Like anything else.

It's about the player.  Yes, RB's should be viewed as less premium - but if there's great value available in the 1st or 2nd round you should grab him.

Draft Harris or Etienne at 33 after drafting Sewell at 2

Run it down everyone’s throats 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Wilson’s medical issues are going to be a problem.  I warned you.

Okay.  This is a discussion worth having then.

I love his talent, I love the way he plays, the way he carries himself. I look at him and everything I see jumps off the screen as NFL winner.

Now, you want to say he's too be big a risk because of past injuries and that's he's only 210 - I'll disagree but I get it.  Definitely a real concerns for sure.

I just think in todays league he shouldn't take too many big hits.  He'll have to learn and be ready to sliide, but I find most of these QB's pick this up quickly these days.  

For sure you're gonna wanna get him in the Gym  - get up to 220 (putting on 10 pounds on a 6'3" frame really isn't that hard)

If he's managed properly he can be a star.

• Upvote 2

On 1/27/2021 at 4:43 AM, Philc1 said:

Why the love for this guy?  He isn’t significantly better than Ty Johnson who is pretty much aJAG

Agreed.

Wilson - Undrafted

Mostert- Bounced around practice Squads

Mckinnon/Tevin Coleman- Average RBs who have never, and likely, will never rush for 1k yards

Yet, those 4 made up a very good running game in SF.

I rather spend all our cap space on OL/Edge/CB/WR and go into next year with Perine/Johnson another mid round rookie and bring in a cheap FA like Coleman/M. Davis/Lindsay/Ingram to fill out the backfield. 

Taking a RB in the 1st or early 2nd is a move you make if you already have a really good team and need a RB to take you over the top. It is not something you do in the middle of a rebuild like the Giants did with Barkley.