Saleh Comes Clean on Sam Darnold!!

12 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Here you go the definitive Saleh answer on Sam Darnold and why Darnold may STILL be on the team or why he may just have to go!!

I wont tip my hand as to what I think, but Saleh is clear that Sam Darnold can be rejuvenated if possible!!

It is called history............ (ENJOY!)

Imo this is Kliff Kingsbury all over without the commitment.

I never expected him or any coach to say a player sucks (that’s for the fans to do) BUT IMO the more telling part is the non commitment. I highly doubt a team would want their young franchise QB confidence shattered by a offseason of QB speculation. That’s why team’s usually would step in front of the noise but not the Jets. 

Plus Salah just left a situation with a more terrible version of darnold, highly doubt darnold is the NYJ starting QB next season 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I never expected him or any coach to say a player sucks (that’s for the fans to do) BUT IMO the more telling part is the non commitment. I highly doubt a team would want their young franchise QB confidence shattered by a offseason of QB speculation. That’s why team’s usually would step in front of the noise but not the Jets. 

Plus Salah just left a situation with a more terrible version of darnold, highly doubt darnold is the NYJ starting QB next season 

Hmmmmm the big difference to me is that Saleh indicated in this interview that he didn't want to promise something he couldn't guarantee. Also Saleh was quite clear that Darnold could be salvaged because the scheme is QB friendly, it was nice to hear and from my vantagepoint that was music to my ears since even if Darnold is gone then the next QB has a much better chance to succeed here and gives everyone a view of why Watson might want to come here!!

Lets go Jets :) 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Be that as it may, I'm sure he hasn't had the time to dissect all of Darnold's game tapes yet to make a commitment either way. Dude was just hired, probably busy doing a ton of things to move his family and get acclimated before he delves into that aspect of the job. What else would you expect him to say? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I appreciate his cantor and willingness to give us more than cereal box answers... obviously he's not going to show his whole (nor should he)... but he's already 1000000000x better than the last two mermaids we've had at the mic

Also, to you whiny bitches who can't seem to get over Darnold-2021-talk...  go to your room (looking at you @Team archer). Go cry to your wives - but when you show up here, man the fck up. If Darnold winds up still in green and white - you better get behind it or i'll kick your dick off. 

Cho ass up. 

30 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Annotations

Kliff Kingsbury: "Josh (Rosen) Is Our Guy"

FEBRUARY 12, 20
Photo by Arizona Cardinals Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury talks to the media Tuesday while introducing his defensive coaching staff.

The speculation about the Cardinals and their plans of what they will do with their No. 1 overall draft pick – as noted by team president Michael Bidwill – doesn't figure to slow over the next few months.

But in terms of the team potentially going after Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray instead of sticking with 2018 first-round pick Josh Rosen, coach Kliff Kingsbury tried to quash such talk Tuesday.

"Our feelings toward Josh haven't waned or changed," Kingsbury said. "I get that we have the first pick and there are going to be a million scenarios, and over the next three months they are going to come up. But Josh is our guy."

The Murray-Cardinals speculation has been partially fueled by an interview Kingsbury did during the college football season in which – as Texas Tech's head coach – he said if he had the top pick in the NFL draft, he'd take Murray. The comments came in late October, the week leading into Texas Tech's game against Murray and the Oklahoma Sooners.

Coincidentally, Kingsbury not only found himself with an NFL head coaching job a few months later, it happened to be with the Cardinals – who own the No. 1 pick.

"Kyler is a tremendous player, and I said that, being very complimentary before we played an opponent," Kingsbury said. "I understand the sound bite. But like I said there will be a ton of scenarios before we come to the draft."

Murray, who was a first-round pick of baseball's Oakland A's, announced Monday he was turning down a chance to play baseball for now (and eschewing more than $4 million of bonus money) to focus on the NFL and be drafted.

Rosen, the 10th pick overall in 2018, was the centerpiece of the Cardinals' pitch during their coaching search. The team sought out a coach that would transform Rosen to be the team's quarterback of the future.

"I do think that there's a lot of things that we do, that we did at Texas Tech, that can be successful," Kingsbury said at his introductory press conference last month. "Josh Rosen is incredibly talented, one of the most talented throwers you'll see. A young player, obviously, that I'm excited to work with and develop. But as a pure thrower, it's hard to find a guy that throws it better."

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Nah, brighter days are ahead man.

We've got grownups running this show now.

JD is light years ahead of where Macc was in terms of building this team the right way and using valuable resources (draft picks, cap space) on the right positions and players.

Robert Saleh will bring an identity to this team, he's going to be a coach of the whole team, not just the defense (Rex) or offense (Gase).  He also won't call plays and he's assembling an excellent staff.  There are no Dowell Loggains types here anymore.

I have no idea what they'll do at QB.... but I know that I trust the guys now making that decision infinitely more than I trusted the previous custodians of this franchise.

We're in good hands, man.  Be patient.  The dominoes are starting to fall in the right direction.

Oh i trust our higher ups. I just dont trust darnold..kinda like how jimmy thrived in SF offense but when it came to make the important throws, he just didnt seem to be trusted to do it. Idk what his numbers where in that superbowl season but i do remember people saying “make jimmy beat you, we dont believe in him” and thats how i feel about darnold. So despite his success, when it comes to those real important throws, i dont think he will be that guy.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Here you go the definitive Saleh answer on Sam Darnold and why Darnold may STILL be on the team or why he may just have to go!!

I wont tip my hand as to what I think, but Saleh is clear that Sam Darnold can be rejuvenated if possible!!

It is called history............ (ENJOY!)

What's he supposed to day? He sucks and I used him like a piñata.  

• Haha 1

If you were managing an organization; and the last 2 managers got canned as the lead was putting out poor production. Mind you, this lead was rated worst in your 32 districts.....

Will you keep that lead, or find a better one?

I would do the latter, and Robert is looking to do that it seems...

"Why didn't the others get rid of him?" Would be my initial thought.....

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Okay, ill say it in a way you can understand better even though you still understood.

**** up.

lol what swear word fits before "up" ?  fck up? haha

Just stop being a nancy. No one's asking you to trust your kids well being to Darnold. But maybe the staff feels he has role to play yet. Maybe not. We'll see - but this "oooomg we're doomed" stuff is for the birds.

Man up. 

Then maybe you can Jet up. 

6 minutes ago, Team archer said:

Oh i trust our higher ups. I just dont trust darnold..kinda like how jimmy thrived in SF offense but when it came to make the important throws, he just didnt seem to be trusted to do it. Idk what his numbers where in that superbowl season but i do remember people saying “make jimmy beat you, we dont believe in him” and thats how i feel about darnold. So despite his success, when it comes to those real important throws, i dont think he will be that guy.

Yup, I get it.  But I'll worry about the "important throws" when we actually have some to make, like in important games such as the playoffs.  We're so far from that right now that I'm not concerned about teams forcing us to make Darnold beat them, because that's what they did all last year.  The Jets were losing by double digits so often and trying to keep the opponents defense honest by running Frank Gore up the middle.  They tried to force Darnold to complete passes to Chris Hogan, Braxton Berrios and Josh Malone to win games. lol

Whether we trust Darnold or not doesn't matter IMO.  What matters is that we trust the JD/Saleh team to do what's best for the Jets.  We shouldn't panic about needing to use our valuable #2 on a QB right now.  We'll be watching the AFC and NFC Championship games with QBs drafted at #7, #10, #24 and #199. If the Jets decide to build the rest of the team and then find their QB next year I'm okay with that.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol what swear word fits before "up" ?  fck up? haha

Just stop being a nancy. No one's asking you to trust your kids well being to Darnold. But maybe the staff feels he has role to play yet. Maybe not. We'll see - but this "oooomg we're doomed" stuff is for the birds.

Man up. 

Then maybe you can Jet up. 

Im sorry you took that comment so hard. Im man enough to apologize for your feelings being affected. I stand by my elaboration though.

I think that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh and the Johnsons are actually all handling this pretty well. They're covering all of their bases.

They're going to look into Sam, they're going to look into the draft, they're going to look into DeShaun Watson. They're going to see what they can get if they trade Sam. They're giving themselves a little cushion while they evaluate everything. That's their job that's what they're supposed to do.

Remember when Tanny was trying to get Peyton Manning in here and they left Sanchez hanging out to dry and then got egg on their face? That's not the right way to do things LOL.

They're going to do their evaluation wisely. This way whether we trade him or keep him or put him in a competition with another quarterback he can still keep his chin up, and it keeps his value up.