Saleh Comes Clean on Sam Darnold!!

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There would be no easier way for that trust to evaporate in these 2 men than for Sam Darnold to be the unquestioned starting quarterback of the Jets in 2021.  Period.  

Agreed, but I would bet anything that they bring in legit competition for him if he is brought back 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Here you go the definitive Saleh answer on Sam Darnold and why Darnold may STILL be on the team or why he may just have to go!!

I wont tip my hand as to what I think, but Saleh is clear that Sam Darnold can be rejuvenated if possible!!

It is called history............ (ENJOY!)

7 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:
 Annotations

Kliff Kingsbury: "Josh (Rosen) Is Our Guy"

FEBRUARY 12, 20

Photo by Arizona Cardinals Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury talks to the media Tuesday while introducing his defensive coaching staff.

The speculation about the Cardinals and their plans of what they will do with their No. 1 overall draft pick – as noted by team president Michael Bidwill – doesn't figure to slow over the next few months.

But in terms of the team potentially going after Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray instead of sticking with 2018 first-round pick Josh Rosen, coach Kliff Kingsbury tried to quash such talk Tuesday.

"Our feelings toward Josh haven't waned or changed," Kingsbury said. "I get that we have the first pick and there are going to be a million scenarios, and over the next three months they are going to come up. But Josh is our guy."

The Murray-Cardinals speculation has been partially fueled by an interview Kingsbury did during the college football season in which – as Texas Tech's head coach – he said if he had the top pick in the NFL draft, he'd take Murray. The comments came in late October, the week leading into Texas Tech's game against Murray and the Oklahoma Sooners.

Coincidentally, Kingsbury not only found himself with an NFL head coaching job a few months later, it happened to be with the Cardinals – who own the No. 1 pick.

"Kyler is a tremendous player, and I said that, being very complimentary before we played an opponent," Kingsbury said. "I understand the sound bite. But like I said there will be a ton of scenarios before we come to the draft."

Murray, who was a first-round pick of baseball's Oakland A's, announced Monday he was turning down a chance to play baseball for now (and eschewing more than $4 million of bonus money) to focus on the NFL and be drafted.

Rosen, the 10th pick overall in 2018, was the centerpiece of the Cardinals' pitch during their coaching search. The team sought out a coach that would transform Rosen to be the team's quarterback of the future.

"I do think that there's a lot of things that we do, that we did at Texas Tech, that can be successful," Kingsbury said at his introductory press conference last month. "Josh Rosen is incredibly talented, one of the most talented throwers you'll see. A young player, obviously, that I'm excited to work with and develop. But as a pure thrower, it's hard to find a guy that throws it better."

Friends - read some of the quotes in this article.

Then try understand that Saleh said nothing 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Friends - read some of the quotes in this article.

Then try understand that Saleh said nothing 

Young, talented thrower, lots of scenarios before the draft.  Said a lot of the same stuff.  

The likely scenario is that darnold is gone.  Really bad teams usually have really bad qbs and really bad gms who built these really bad teams and often, they have really bad head coaches.  And usually they all go away.  The gm and hc are gone.  And new gms and new hcs don’t pin their success to the prior qb’s failure.  That’s how the nfl usually works.  

Shifting to the draft, i actually believe football guy here when he says that douglas would prefer to trade out of 2.  Douglas seems to love his picks, kinda like the anti-tanny, and has confidence in his drafting.  Zach wilson is clearly a good fit in the new offense.  I have read that he’s sharp as well, but truthfully I have no idea.  I think the only issue with Zach will be those torn labrum and how confident the jets are that it’s not a Pennington situation waiting to happen.  If he passes the ‘physical’, he’ll be a jet.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

He might be but it'll only be one more season. So they can build the team for rhe next qb. 

In all seriousness though, this last whole season was probably one of the worst seasons in Jet history. And I’ve been around since Namath. Darnold was lost but so was the rest of the team. This system that La Fleur is implementing is right for Darnold. I’m sure they will give him an opportunity. Then if he sucks with the new coaches and a new system we move on to the next one up. 

• Upvote 1