Texans Interview Josh McCown for HC position

36 minutes ago, King P said:

My guy, don't look too deep into it. He's clearly talking about religion lol.

As a follower of Christ, the foundation of our spirituality is faith. And Josh McCown is a follower in Christ as well. So both the Texans owner and McCown are big in faith

I was just curious how religion had anything to do with McCown getting a jab at such high of position until I was told Easterby is a pastor. Makes a bit more sense now but still a bit odd to think having the same religion could be the reason behind McCown getting to skip the entire line and become a HC. I think this is sort of an unprecedented move or at least something I’ve never seen done before. I would venture to think there has to be a stronger reason for McCown getting consideration for a head coaching job other than faith. Just caught me off guard lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is really interesting. This would make a trade involving Darnold much much more likely. 

A pastor named Jack Easterby has set himself up as Rasputin: Lone Star, and is generally thought to be leading the franchise right now. Caldwell and--in particular, McCown--are both strongly and vocal

I think even giving McCown an interview is such an affront to the hiring process that Watson should demand a trade tonight. 

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Bienemy is on the list though - he’s getting an interview.

Ultimately I do think he ends up getting hired and Watson stays where he is. 

Yeah, under duress.

and he may get the job, and Watson may stay there. It just doesn’t exactly feel like the sort of move (interviewing a completely inexperienced candidate) which screams to Watson “we are a progressive franchise”

2 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Texans owners (like most white people in East Texas) are hardcore Christians, faith is everything to these people, and so is McCown.  That is undoubtedly playing into this. 

Arent the owner and Easterby heavy bible thumpers? 🤔🧐

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Jets get:  Deshaun Watson

Texans get:  Sam Darnold, # 2 pick in 2021 draft, 1st round pick in 2022 draft, 2022 2nd rounder

It would be a haul for the Texans because if they believe in Sam they could trade the # 2 this year for two first rounders EASY.

That would be the boldest of the bold moves. Hire a player as a head coach and let him ride with Sam.  :)

And if Sam gets traded to the Texans, and they have McCown as the HC, not Bienimy, his career is going to get even more screwed than it was here. Poor kid, going to an even worse sh*t show.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
20 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Hiring a first time HC at 65.... yeesh. 

I did not realize he was that old, that is a factor but his resume is very good and might, like caldwell be a calming influence on a team in disarray.

They get Sam no less than two Super Bowls  next ten year. Book it! Josh will unleash the Ginger Kraken that is Sam Darnold. Their Wonder  Twin powers will activate. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, KRL said:

That organization is beyond a clown show right now.  McCown at best
could be a QB coach at this time in his career.  The fact that HOU
interviewed him for the HC spot shows how dysfunctional they are

A complete clown show 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

The faith part. 

Maybe my reading comprehension isn’t up to par with you NYers, but I’m not understanding what faith has to do with this. Faith in what? McCown as an HC? Faith religiously speaking? It was weirdly worded for me.

they have faith when it's convenient

4 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

I like McCown and seems like exactly the kind of player with a future in coaching, but to go from absolutely no experience to head coach?  That's absolutely insane.  It's not only a ton to ask of him, while players may dig it, I'm not so sure how much assistant coaches will be on board with that.  I'd have to imagine he'd have to fill out a staff based heavily on other former players, as I'm sure there's a number of long-time coaches who wouldn't really love the idea.

I love love love McCown and think he would a FANTASTIC HC one day.  FANTASTIC!!

But for him to become a n NFL HC with no experience as a coach at any level would be a disgrace. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

I love love love McCown and think he would a FANTASTIC HC one day.  FANTASTIC!!

But for him to become a n NFL HC with no experience as a coach at any level would be a disgrace. 

He’d be ok. He could hire Gase as his OC and trade for Darnold. When he bombs, he has a full proof scapegoat.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

They get Sam no less than two super owns next ten year. Book it! Josh will unleash the Ginger Kraken that is Sam Darnold. Their Wonder  Twin powers will activate. 

Sam: I see ghosts.

Josh: Me too. Maybe we’re related. 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

A pastor named Jack Easterby has set himself up as Rasputin: Lone Star, and is generally thought to be leading the franchise right now. Caldwell and--in particular, McCown--are both strongly and vocally religious. You can connect the dots.

Jesus Christ

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Well, it actually could be exactly what Watson wants.  A former QB, recognized as a good guy by all.  Smart, long career.  Understands players etc.n. Does Watson know him?

We really don't know the motivations of even bringing him in.

divine intervention apparently.

People think I'm crazy but I've been thinking since Sam's first sh*tty game that regardless if Gase stayed or not, but if the Jets are holding onto Sam they need to be on the phone with Josh McCown finding out what it would cost to bring him in as a QB coach or some kind of positional assistant. Sam played his best when he had Josh behind him as a 10 million dollar mentor. We all complained about what we were paying him but looking back and what's happened to Sam since he left I think we really under estimated his value and how much he helped Sam. I would still love to have him back, although it may be tough to get him at the level of asst. as, say for example, Hines Ward. 

Also, LMAO @ the Texans for being in the sh*tty spot they are in and bringing in an ex player that's never even been an asst coach anywhere to interview for your HC spot. God damn I feel sorry for those fans

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If a team is willing to go though the growing pains of developing a head coach, McCown is probably that guy. He'll be a fine head coach someday, but I can't see him being successful for a few years at the least. I don't see Watson going for this, especially with Bieniemy being available. 

Spitballing here, but perhaps Bienemy hasn't shown the qualities needed to be a HC in interviews and McCownn has?

• Thumb Down 1
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty succinct. Even outside of the race issue, there are a looooot of dudes who have been grinding for decades for a shot at a coaching job, and for a guy like McCown to get interviewed for the big chair? Yikes. 

If McCown was black no one would bat an eye

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like racist dudes would totally bat an eye.

Fair enough....cant say I disagree.   racist Dudes would have something to say.   Sorry to come off over the top and i know this isn't the place for this discussion.   Just saying that if you were to identify an up and comer who doesn't necessarily have the pre requisite experience, interview him and decide to hire him.   It really shouldn't matter what race that up and comer is.   Find your candidate....Interviewing  a Josh McCown in and of itself is not racist because he happens to be Caucasian.

• Upvote 2
10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

There’s so many post to hide I gave up after one. Max doesn’t want religion or race talked about on the main board. There’s a place for it 

Thanks Mick. No religion or race talk please. Not a new rule. Please abide by it. Thanks.