Mock Offseason (Building around Watson)

bla bla bla

56 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah i seen the report. also seen Miami is 2nd.

im sure GM s are aloud to talk trades, just not make them yet. 

maybe Miami offer wasn't good enough for Houston. maybe we have the better offer and they told Watson and hes trying to get Miami to offer more so that Houston can approve a trade there.

hes telling them, hey Miami if you dont make a better trade offer for me i will go to the Jets and you will have to play against me twice a year for the next 10 years. 

hey i would love to have Watson here. but now you tell me its because of a rookie HC . i just don't see it.

i would love to be wrong

We are allowed to trade "in principle" but it wouldn't become official until March 17th when the new league year starts. Alex Smith was traded on January 30th a few years back.

We found out after the Jets signed Saleh that Watson wanted Houston to interview Bieniemy and Saleh. I think most people will connect the dots and form the conclusion that Watson wants to play for Saleh. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Nice effort.

Dream free agency haul in Watson, Robinson and Thuney. By adding Smith in the second round and Gainwell in the third, we're competent TE play away from becoming a top 12 offence. 

It does leave the cupboard a little bare on defence though. But Rome wasn't built in a day, or one off-season. 

Free agency looks a little too splashy for Joe Douglas? I love Allen Robinson, but wonder would signing a pass rusher in free agency (Hendrickson, Okwara, etc.) and a cheaper WR like Samuel represent better value than Robinson and Sherman. 

I think it would Thuney or Trey Smith, not both. Both seem excessive if we still like Clark and Elfein. If we signed Thuney, I'd love Freiermuth at the top of the seocnd if he was there? 

Grabbing Watson would make us a more enticing destination in free agency, but I could still see Joe preferring to look for cheaper value players. 

But honestly, I'd still sign up for your scenario in a heart-beat. 

Oo yes, 100% this free agency is a pipe dream but they are the 2 most expensive players at their position, meaning we could literally sign anyone else and save a ton of cap space. This was more to prove that the Jets DO in fact have enough assets to build up around Watson.

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Love your videos and subscribe to your channel.

That said.  I think the trade for Watson could be the #2 pick in the draft and 1 of first round picks in 2022.  If we were to trade out of the second pick I would expect an additional 1st round pick plus more and that is with a  trade down 2-4 picks.  So essentially we would be offering the equivalent of 3 first round picks plus.  The second pick is the only pick that can guarantee the Texans Fields or Wilson so that sho0uld be a big enticement. 

I like Thuney and Robinson but I think that's to much to spend on both.  There are going to be bargains out there.  Some teams are so over the cap that good players are going to get released.  Especially with the cap roll back.  Jets can get some decent players on the cheap.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boynton Beach Jets said:

Love your videos and subscribe to your channel.

That said.  I think the trade for Watson could be the #2 pick in the draft and 1 of first round picks in 2022.  If we were to trade out of the second pick I would expect an additional 1st round pick plus more and that is with a  trade down 2-4 picks.  So essentially we would be offering the equivalent of 3 first round picks plus.  The second pick is the only pick that can guarantee the Texans Fields or Wilson so that sho0uld be a big enticement. 

I like Thuney and Robinson but I think that's to much to spend on both.  There are going to be bargains out there.  Some teams are so over the cap that good players are going to get released.  Especially with the cap roll back.  Jets can get some decent players on the cheap.

Thanks brother! I completely understand the aspect of the #2 overall pick and how valuable it is. I think there is a shot that the Jets walk away with only giving up 2 picks for Watson because of this. A lot of the bargaining power is going to come from Watson ONLY wanting the Jets. If he says he's open to other teams then the Jets are going to have to pony up more picks to get it done. As for FA, I completely agree with you, I think Zeitler at G from the Giants would be a nice addition, he may come cheap if he doesn't want to move his family again. I'm happy with any number of WRs, the thought process with Robinson was that he was the most expensive and thus would allow us to save even more money if we go any other route. This offseason is going to be fun!

• Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Thanks brother! I completely understand the aspect of the #2 overall pick and how valuable it is. I think there is a shot that the Jets walk away with only giving up 2 picks for Watson because of this. A lot of the bargaining power is going to come from Watson ONLY wanting the Jets. If he says he's open to other teams then the Jets are going to have to pony up more picks to get it done. As for FA, I completely agree with you, I think Zeitler at G from the Giants would be a nice addition, he may come cheap if he doesn't want to move his family again. I'm happy with any number of WRs, the thought process with Robinson was that he was the most expensive and thus would allow us to save even more money if we go any other route. This offseason is going to be fun!

I agree  there are so many unknown variables.  I do think the Jets if they want to get it done will get it because the #2 pick is the best available pick as well as there other picks.    As far as free agents I like Zeitler bit older but would be as Bill Parcels Said "hold the fort kind of guy". The offseason has gotten off to a great start.   I am for the first time in a long time (since Parcels) confident in our organization and they will continue and make the right decisions this offseaseon.

• Upvote 1