10 Years Ago Today - All Gas "Can't Wait!" - Bart & D'Bust Blow The Super Bowl

IMG-0074.jpg

Bart Scott and the defense don't get off the bus, D'Brick whiffs for a strip sack TD, and that's the end of the best Jets team of our lives, crushed in Pittsburgh.

F them both.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 3
4 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The greatest guilt on that loss is the team coming out flat, seemingly hungover from celebrating the previous weeks win. That falls squarely on Rex and talks of parade routes, etc. By the time they woke up, it was too late.

Exactly.

And you would think that after going through the exact same situation the year before, coming this close to the Super Bowl, they would have controlled their emotions, stayed on an even-keel, and come out for blood against a Steeler team they had beaten comfortably in the same stadium a few weeks prior.

Unforgivable.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-0074.jpg

Bart Scott and the defense don't get off the bus, D'Brick whiffs for a strip sack TD, and that's the end of the best Jets team of our lives, crushed in Pittsburgh.

F them both.

SAR I

Lame.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

To sh*t on the best team we've had in a long time?

It's the most important and devastating loss of your lifetime, so its worth remembering.

SAR I

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Rex sucks

Forever.  For both losing the 2010 AFC Championship Game and for failing to care about the offense in subsequent years.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 2
2 hours ago, Icer said:

I take comfort in knowing Green Bay would have probably beat us anyway

We played them very close that same year, held them to 9 points.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's the most important and devastating loss of your lifetime, so its worth remembering.

SAR I

Nah.  98 was worse.  So was the mud bowl.

Those Jets teams could Hhave won their super bowl.   That Rex team doesn't beat the Packers.

6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Nah.  98 was worse.  So was the mud bowl.

Those Jets teams could Hhave won their super bowl.   That Rex team doesn't beat the Packers.

The 2010 Jets finished 11-5, had 6 epic fourth quarter comebacks, and had just spanked the Patriots silly up in Foxboro.  Beat Manning's Colts, beat Brady's Patriots (twice), and beat Rothlisberger's Steelers.  

The 1998 team had a relative cakewalk of a division title and didn't face much competition at all.  The 1982 Mud Bowl team was a strike shortened season.  The 2010 Jets were the ones to get it done.  And they didn't.

SAR I