Potentially special compensation for trading #2

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

How many people would have said the Dolphins would've won 10 games this year before the season? None. One thing you can count on in the nfl is that you can't judge season to season like that. So many things can happen

They made a nice jump upwards from 5-11 to 10-6. Did they make the playoffs? NO

18 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

I'm not saying we will do this or should, just that if we do, don't expect pennies on the dollar. It will be better than what has been established in the past by the prior point system. We really could be looking at premium draft assets for years to come. Will be fun to watch unfold.

I'm sick of looking forward to next year every ******* year. We have the capital and the cap room to make this team very competitive next year. My first choice is to get Watson and robinson here and use what assets we have left to build the team to start competing next year.  

12 hours ago, Gibby said:

Possibly- but totally disagree on 100%. My feeling is ( as a almost 40 year Jet fan)- they always blow a popcorn fart- and try to get good too fast. It always looks like a “ get rich quick scheme”. The result has never once netted sustained success. Typically it’s a two year flare up - then back to losing.

I would much rather ( for once) have them build a team that can be a perennial playoff team for a decade. Your chances of winning a Championship go up exponentially if you’re in every year. 

Id love Watson!!! But feel they’re so much more than a quarterback away from being a real good team. My feeling is they need to stockpile picks and start cashing in on them starting this year. If they get Watson and give up three 1s and a 2- where is all the other help coming from?

I agree.   The problem is they’ve never had a QB.  You become a perennial playoff team with consistent good QB play.  All the other stuff the Jets did was always to compensate for the lack of quality QB play.

That’s who it works.  

Once you a QB like Watson you’ll be in the playoffs most years for the next decade.  In all likelihood the Jets go to playoffs next year with his..

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.   The problem is they’ve never had a QB.  You become a perennial playoff team with consistent good QB play.  All the other stuff the Jets did was always to compensate for the lack of quality QB play.

That’s who it works.  

Once you a QB like Watson you’ll be in the playoffs most years for the next decade.  In all likelihood the Jets go to playoffs next year with his..

I don’t disagree. “ The coach and the quarterback” I get it. I know I said I’d like to see the playoffs every year too. But the goal is to win a championship. One good ( in this case a very good) quarterback on a meh otherwise mediocre team won’t get that done. It’s just a very high asking price- and puts a ton of money into one position on the field.

My preference would be to build a monster of a team first. Then find a quarterback in the draft. They’re there every year if you know how to scout. It’s very often the best ones aren’t the #1 overall either.