Greg Cossell on Wilson and Fields

JohnnyLV

Greg Cossell is one of the best analysts out there especially when it comes to QBs. He talks about both WIlson and Fields in first 8 minutes. Once again pegs Wilson as perfect for the "Shanahan offense". Does not rank them but seems to prefer Wilson. Not as impressed with Wilson's arm strength as others are. Again just the first 8 mins. Worth a watch

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Is that of great importance to the Shanahan system? I thought quick decisions, timing and accuracy on 5-30 yard throws are the main requirements of success

The Shanahan system is QB friendly so yes it emphasizes things that don’t require special abilities so guys like Mullens can be effective. But if you have a special talent like fields you would adapt things to exploit those strengths and make the offense even harder to defend. Fields also brings the running element which obviously opens up the pass even more. Though I agree that Wilson is probably better at excecuting the quick game- Fields is more of a hold the call big play QB- though honestly I think Darnold could excell at that too. 

• Upvote 1

Weird analysis and explanations.  “Got to look at the traits”....but you like Wilson better and it’s not because of his arm?  I’d love to read the detailed stuff if He publishes it.  Maybe he’s just not a good talker.  He was all over the place but that might be because the questions were moronic. 

• Upvote 2