Mock draft and mock FA

Let’s have some fun guys,

what would be your mock FA moves, and your top 3 players in the draft ?

rules: 1 big FA signing + 2 average/good FA and your pick at #2, #23, #34 

For me: big FA signing, Thuney or Scherff

average/good : I see Curtis Samuel, a perfect toy for Mike Lafleur and Sherman/ Alexander

#2: I wish a trade down, if not, I take Sewell

#23: Bateman if he’s there, if not, an edge or CB

#34: i would jump on the best player available, even if it’s a OT or a LB!! The best would be a CB or edge I think

whats your thought on my mock guys ?

give me yours 

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Wilson @ 2, Rondale Moore @ 23, best CB @ 34. FA - Thuney, Robinson, Judon. 

This is 3 huge FA signings, I want it to be more realistic!!! JD don’t look to be the guy of will spend a lot

Corey Linsey, C, Packers

Corey Davis, WR, Titans

Jonnu Smith, TE, Titans

Shaquill Griffin, CB, Seahawks

KJ Wright, LB, Seahawks

Matthew Judon, Edge, Ravens

Trade with the Panthers for a haul of picks

8. Kyle Pitts, WR/TE, UF

23. Najee Harris, RB, Bama

34. Wyats Davis, G, OSU

39. Pattrick Jones, Pitt

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Corey Linsey, C, Packers

Corey Davis, WR, Titans

Jonnu Smith, TE, Titans

Shaquill Griffin, CB, Seahawks

KJ Wright, LB, Seahawks

Matthew Judon, Edge, Ravens

Trade with the Panthers for a haul of picks

8. Kyle Pitts, WR/TE, UF

23. Najee Harris, RB, Bama

34. Wyats Davis, G, OSU

39. Pattrick Jones, Pitt

I’ll be crazy if they trade down

46 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

This is 3 huge FA signings, I want it to be more realistic!!! JD don’t look to be the guy of will spend a lot

Then Robinson or Thuney/Judon.  Probably an experienced OL supercedes this roster than by anything else. Can get a cheaper edge or draft one. Saleh’s defense is contingent on getting a dominant edge. 

2 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Then Robinson or Thuney/Judon.  Probably an experienced OL supercedes this roster than by anything else. Can get a cheaper edge or draft one. Saleh’s defense is contingent on getting a dominant edge. 

So Ossai or Rousseau would be a better pick at #23!! I don’t know if they fit the 4-3 scheme!!! The key is the FA, if they sign Thuney or Robinson, we will pick an edge at #23 

• Upvote 1
On 1/23/2021 at 10:42 AM, jetsQuebec said:

average/good : I see Curtis Samuel, a perfect toy for Mike Lafleur and Sherman/ Alexander

#34: i would jump on the best player available, even if it’s a OT or a LB!! The best would be a CB or edge I think

give me yours 

*FAs don't include guys we re-sign. I assume we bring back Maye, JFM and maybe Poole as the only high priced FAs.  

Big name FA: Thuney

2 average FA's: R. Sherman, Blair (Two Former Niners), and Chris Godwin- WR. 

Draft: #2 pick and #23 pick goes to HOU for Watson. The Jets also include Seattles first round pick next year. We have a ton of draft capitol in these two drafts but there's no way we're going into 2023 without a first round pick. 

Pick #34 I agree, I'm taking BPA. It could be Edge, CB or O-line. Knowing Douglas, after giving up his first rounders for Watson, I would not be surprised to see a move down to the middle of Rd. 2, adding another 3rd. 

Assuming the Watson trade is not an option I think the Jets HAVE to take a QB at #2. It's a golden opportunity for JD to take HIS guy with a new coach, tons of cap space and tons of draft capitol. Darnold looks like a goner. Fields or Wilson, I don't know. I would say Wilson all the way if not for his multiple surgeries. At #23 I think you go Edge- Z.Collins maybe Ossai. Maybe if a top CB or WR slides down you take one of them. Then at #34 you take BPA but seems like a good spot for O-line, assuming we've addressed edge.  

6 minutes ago, PepPep said:

*FAs don't include guys we re-sign. I assume we bring back Maye, JFM and maybe Poole as the only high priced FAs.  

Big name FA: Thuney

2 average FA's: R. Sherman, Blair (Two Former Niners), and Chris Godwin- WR. 

Draft: #2 pick and #23 pick goes to HOU for Watson. The Jets also include Seattles first round pick next year. We have a ton of draft capitol in these two drafts but there's no way we're going into 2023 without a first round pick. 

Pick #34 I agree, I'm taking BPA. It could be Edge, CB or O-line. Knowing Douglas, after giving up his first rounders for Watson, I would not be surprised to see a move down to the middle of Rd. 2, adding another 3rd. 

Assuming the Watson trade is not an option I think the Jets HAVE to take a QB at #2. It's a golden opportunity for JD to take HIS guy with a new coach, tons of cap space and tons of draft capitol. Darnold looks like a goner. Fields or Wilson, I don't know. I would say Wilson all the way if not for his multiple surgeries. At #23 I think you go Edge- Z.Collins maybe Ossai. Maybe if a top CB or WR slides down you take one of them. Then at #34 you take BPA but seems like a good spot for O-line, assuming we've addressed edge.  

For me I prefer if Douglas is aggressive with offense with his 3 first picks this draft!!! Defense will be better with less time on the field

On 1/23/2021 at 1:42 PM, jetsQuebec said:

give me yours 

What are you doing at QB? Darnold?

That move just blew anything else you tried to do 

24 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

What are you doing at QB? Darnold?

That move just blew anything else you tried to do 

Salvaging Sam Darnold, 23 yo, over Wilson and Fields ?? I think this is the best way to have the best team as fast as possible!! Of course I exclude trade for Watson/Stafford in that mix, I trade for both anytime !!! When we critics Darnold, do we forget his best year was with Bowles and Bates ?? I REPEAT, Jeremy BATES !!! Coaching is all the succes in this one!! Come on bro, Gase. I know Darnold was ugly to watch some of the times!!! Fields and Wilson are overreaction for me 

1 hour ago, jetsQuebec said:

For me I prefer if Douglas is aggressive with offense with his 3 first picks this draft!!! Defense will be better with less time on the field

Sure. That's why I have 2 of the 3 top selections being on the offensive side of the ball. However, if the Jets don't get an impact Pass Rusher in FA, they will need to use a high draft pick (Rd. 1 or Rd. 2) on one or gamble on a developmental player like Zuniga (he was a 3rd rounder last year). Just saying, good pas rushers go early in the draft and teams gobble them up quickly. I know the Jets need to address offense but they can't just punt on a Pass Rusher this year if they have an opportunity to draft a good one. Then again, if they end up signing Bud Dupree, maybe there's no urgency to draft one early. 

15 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

Salvaging Sam Darnold, 23 yo, over Wilson and Fields ?? I think this is the best way to have the best team as fast as possible!! Of course I exclude trade for Watson/Stafford in that mix, I trade for both anytime !!! When we critics Darnold, do we forget his best year was with Bowles and Bates ?? I REPEAT, Jeremy BATES !!! Coaching is all the succes in this one!! Come on bro, Gase. I know Darnold was ugly to watch some of the times!!! Fields and Wilson are overreaction for me 

So are you implementing the $25 mil 5th year option for Sam? If you don’t what do we do in ‘22?

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So are you implementing the $25 mil 5th year option for Sam? If you don’t what do we do in ‘22?

If I am not wrong, they can sign him if he plays good enough no ? With that new scheme if he goes 3 500 yards ratio 2td/1int, We can sign him for an extension of 2-3years who will probably be less than 25millions per year

11 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Sure. That's why I have 2 of the 3 top selections being on the offensive side of the ball. However, if the Jets don't get an impact Pass Rusher in FA, they will need to use a high draft pick (Rd. 1 or Rd. 2) on one or gamble on a developmental player like Zuniga (he was a 3rd rounder last year). Just saying, good pas rushers go early in the draft and teams gobble them up quickly. I know the Jets need to address offense but they can't just punt on a Pass Rusher this year if they have an opportunity to draft a good one. Then again, if they end up signing Bud Dupree, maybe there's no urgency to draft one early. 

Is Bud Dupree the best in a 4-3 scheme in FA ?? I didn’t thought about what would be the best in the FA between and Edge or WR, best player in both positions

1 minute ago, jetsQuebec said:

If I am not wrong, they can sign him if he plays good enough no ? With that new scheme if he goes 3 500 yards ratio 2td/1int, We can sign him for an extension of 2-3years who will probably be less than 25millions per year

Unless he chooses to sign elsewhere   He will be a FA after all 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

Is Bud Dupree the best in a 4-3 scheme in FA ?? I didn’t thought about what would be the best in the FA between and Edge or WR, best player in both positions

Coming off a pretty bad injury 

2 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

I think Bud Dupree could fit the Leo weak side edge rusher position very well. He has the power and strength/size to line up with his hand in the dirt and play stout against the run and he has the speed and athleticism to get after the QB. I mean, primarily you want him to be a speedy edge rusher but you'd LIKE him to be solid against the run as well. Dupree is almost identical in size to Bosa who played the LEO position for Saleh in San Fran. 

And as I mentioned, in the draft, Zaven Collins is the guy I would target- maybe with the Seattle pick. He has those same physical attributes and tools to be a nice fit, IMO. 

9 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Coming off a pretty bad injury 

LOL I actually forgot about that. But beggars can't be choosers. When's the last time we saw top FA's streaming to the Jets? Maybe his injury is a GOOD THING! Haha. Maybe that will actually give the Jets a chance to get him. Sounds defeatist but if he comes back healthy and bounces back with a big season it could be a coup getting him. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, PepPep said:

LOL I actually forgot about that. But beggars can't be choosers. When's the last time we saw top FA's streaming to the Jets? Maybe his injury is a GOOD THING! Haha. Maybe that will actually give the Jets a chance to get him. Sounds defeatist but if he comes back healthy and bounces back with a big season it could be a coup getting him. 

If Dupree wants to play with Mosley haha

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.