***OFFICIAL NFC + AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THREAD***

1 minute ago, Bleedin Green said:

One player's head doesn't actually tackle another player's head.  Crazy, I know.

Yes, when you lower your shoulder to tackle your head will be lowered as well. If helmets can’t touch then eliminate helmets. Was a garbage call especially in such a big game. Let them play football and let them hit. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Jamal Williams a FA RB the Jets might be interested in. Knows the Lafleur offense. 

Steelers RB James Conner, ranked 81st: The Jets aren’t going to throw Le’Veon Bell-type money at him, of course. But if they’re going to run a Shanahan-style West Coast offense, they’ll need to have a reliable running back. He had 721 yards and six touchdowns in 2020.

PFF’s prediction: Jets sign Conner for three years and $20 million, with $10 million total guaranteed and $8 million fully guaranteed at signing.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

Yes, when you lower your shoulder to tackle your head will be lowered as well. If helmets can’t touch then eliminate helmets. 

100% of contact was helmet to helmet.  There was no shoulder contact at all.  If you don't agree with the rule, that's certainly one thing, but based on the actual NFL rules it was definitely a penalty.

• Upvote 2

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Steelers RB James Conner, ranked 81st: The Jets aren’t going to throw Le’Veon Bell-type money at him, of course. But if they’re going to run a Shanahan-style West Coast offense, they’ll need to have a reliable running back. He had 721 yards and six touchdowns in 2020.

PFF’s prediction: Jets sign Conner for three years and $20 million, with $10 million total guaranteed and $8 million fully guaranteed at signing.

That’s pretty interesting, didn’t realize he was available. 

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Great starting field position for Brady here. I see Brady getting points here. He's gonna answer Rodgers. 

Yeah, as much as I despise Brady and so want them to lose, I'm nowhere close to being ready to bet on him being on a team to blow a 3-score lead, particularly when it's a second-half lead in the postseason.  That failed 2-point attempt just makes me feel more uneasy.