***OFFICIAL NFC + AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THREAD***

6 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Green Bay . 25+ consecutive years of some of the greatest QB play in history and 2 Super Bowls to show for it . 

Yep, same can be said of Indy as well. How these two teams only won 3 chips with 50 years of elite QB's is really something.

• Upvote 1

The only slightly plausible reason for  going for the FG would be the thought that either way you have to stop Brady, and if he has the lead they’ll play conservative and run the ball?  Making it easier to stop them?

Maybe this?  I mean it took me 20 minutes to come up with this as a possible reason....and I’m not even buying it. 

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

While everyone talks about the 4th down decision, the bigger issue was Rodgers decision on the play before.  He had a ton of room to his right.  Probably could have run it in.  Worst case scenario, he is stopped at the 1-yard line.  Where they likely go for it on 4th and 1.  It was a curious coaches decision, but it never should have come down to it.

10 years ago, maybe. Not now. NFL linebackers are fast. Very, very fast.

7 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

The only slightly plausible reason for  going for the FG would be the thought that either way you have to stop Brady, and if he has the lead they’ll play conservative and run the ball?  Making it easier to stop them?

Maybe this?  I mean it took me 20 minutes to come up with this as a possible reason....and I’m not even buying it. 

I understand why LaFleur did it, it's just dumb and gutless.

He kicks a FG, he's down 5 with 4 timeouts(3 + 2 min warning) with the ball in TBs end of the field.

I don't think it's wise to rely on your defense to make a stop vs Brady in that spot.

14 minutes ago, Icer said:

Yep, same can be said of Indy as well. How these two teams only won 3 chips with 50 years of elite QB's is really something.

Winning a championship is hard. If it was easy it wouldn't be so special when you do win one.

All you can do is put yourself in the conversation year after year and hope the ball bounces your way.

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

The football gods really ******* hate us........ a lot.

Nah, the Jets have just had sh*t ownership the past 50 or so years(Hess/Woodrow/Chris) and that trickles down and infects everything else about the franchise.

Cubs were cursed for how many years, they get new owners, win a chip within 5 years. It's not rocket science.