***OFFICIAL NFC + AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THREAD***

Bills weren’t ready for the moment. QB ran backwards all game and should have had 3 picks. The coach kicked field goals when he needed touchdowns. The team got chippy when the game was out of reach. 

they should have a great future, but I would be very disappointed if I were a Bills fan.

The Chiefs are legitimately an all time great offense though.  

13 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

they should have a great future, but I would be very disappointed if I were a Bills fan.

This is Year 4 of the Bills rebuild.  They have no bright future.  Today was their end.  No different than the 2008-2011 Jets.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

This is Year 4 of the Bills rebuild.  They have no bright future.  Today was their end.  No different than the 2008-2011 Jets.

SAR I

They were 13-3 this year and have a 24 year old QB who accounted for something like 50 TDs this year. 

in 2011, we were 8-8 and had Mark Sanchez coming back for another year

i would recommend less meth 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

2 weeks?  More like 2 months.

well...

if they like Frazier then hes signed this week. if its Bienemy than its 2 weeks.  then we will know if Watson stays in Houston or not. the new coach will have to know what Watson want to do before he is signed

so yeah it could be 2 months

but if there waiting for Bienemey, a guy they didnt even want to interview my guess is that if they hire him Watson stays. 

KC is the best offense we have ever seen.  Better than the Rams' Greatest Show on Turf.  It's fun to watch them toy with teams and then destroy them. 

But on top of that, their defense is pretty damned good as well.  The DBs covered man-to-man all game and the defense was all over Josh Allen.  BUF got gifted 6 points early and otherwise put up 9 in 3 quarters.  Meanwhile KC punted once all game.  Their punter has the best job in the NFL.  

It's really frightening to watch them if you want to think about getting to the Super Bowl any time in the next few years.

I expect them to melt TB's faces off next week.  The spread will be less than a touchdown and I think it will be way too low.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

KC is the best offense we have ever seen.  Better than the Rams' Greatest Show on Turf.  It's fun to watch them toy with teams and then destroy them. 

But on top of that, their defense is pretty damned good as well.  The DBs covered man-to-man all game and the defense was all over Josh Allen.  BUF got gifted 6 points early and otherwise put up 9 in 3 quarters.  Meanwhile KC punted once all game.  Their punter has the best job in the NFL.  

It's really frightening to watch them if you want to think about getting to the Super Bowl any time in the next few years.

I expect them to melt TB's faces off next week.  The spread will be less than a touchdown and I think it will be way too low.

I believe the '99 GSOT Rams were better on offense than the 2020 Chiefs. Put the Rams in this league, and give them the offense friendly rules and they would have put up even more points. The Chiefs D is much better than the Rams though. Back to the Rams offense. They had Kurt Warner, Ike Bruce, Big Game Holt, Hakim, Roland "Cuse" Williams at tight end who was not too shabby. Their "worst" receiver was Ricky Proehl who made that clutch touchdown catch vs the Bucs to get them to the Super Bowl. BTW, that Bucs team was nasty on defense...had a first team all-pro at each level of their defense.

If this Super Bowl was being played next week, I'd agree the Chiefs would win by double digits, but with 2 weeks to rest up and get ready, I see this game being very closely contested. 

7 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Here eveyday.  The bills future is bright and the afc east will be a cake walk for the next decade at least.  Enjoy be stuck behind the bills and dolphins!!  Probably the Patriots too.  Cheers!!

As a Fredonia grad, I was rooting for you, tons of college buddies scattered from Syracuse to Rochester, Buffalo etc. .   BUT, they reminded me of the 2010 Jets. Enough to get to the dance but not enough to win. Josh Allen made a lot of mental errors.  Good season , but Allen has to make better decisions.   However, you got beat by a better team.  

35 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

As a Fredonia grad, I was rooting for you, tons of college buddies scattered from Syracuse to Rochester, Buffalo etc. .   BUT, they reminded me of the 2010 Jets. Enough to get to the dance but not enough to win. Josh Allen made a lot of mental errors.  Good season , but Allen has to make better decisions.   However, you got beat by a better team.  

Agree 100%.  Though i will say there wasnt much allen could do after the o line continued to miss blocking assignments and Allen was constantly having to back pedal to buy time.  No qb can operate well under those circumstances.   A few upgrades to the o.line, maybe a solid tight end, and an upgrade at pass rusher and Buffalo will be even better next season.  This is the most confident I've been in the direction the franchise is heading since the early 90's.

Remember something Bill Parcells said in 1998-99 during the week of the AFCCG.  He said something along the lines of when you get this far, you have to win it.  Talked about how hard it is to make it to the final 4.  With the Bills and Packers, it kind of feels like that.  Packers may be blown up come March.  Buffalo might have another shot, but I could also see that team having a hangover year.  Especially  given the team wide meltdown after that bad sack.  You could see they expected to win the whole thing this year and we’re not expecting defeat.  

1 hour ago, RocketBills said:

Agree 100%.  Though i will say there wasnt much allen could do after the o line continued to miss blocking assignments and Allen was constantly having to back pedal to buy time.  No qb can operate well under those circumstances.   A few upgrades to the o.line, maybe a solid tight end, and an upgrade at pass rusher and Buffalo will be even better next season.  This is the most confident I've been in the direction the franchise is heading since the early 90's.

Fair.  I go back to watching the Jets play the Bills in the 80's in RICH stadium. Good times.   Joe Cribbs, Joe Ferguson etc.  2 interesting Bills things.  Brandon Beane worked with me as an intern in 1995. I hired his sister and then we brought him on as an intern and HOFer Joe Dallamalleuire is a friend of mine down here in Charlotte. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Remember something Bill Parcells said in 1998-99 during the week of the AFCCG.  He said something along the lines of when you get this far, you have to win it.  Talked about how hard it is to make it to the final 4.  With the Bills and Packers, it kind of feels like that.  Packers may be blown up come March.  Buffalo might have another shot, but I could also see that team having a hangover year.  Especially  given the team wide meltdown after that bad sack.  You could see they expected to win the whole thing this year and we’re not expecting defeat.  

Like us... we all got so thrilled at 2 AFC Champ games but really it means nothing....  the world forgets you a week later.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RocketBills said:

For me, the biggest problem was your HC.   Sean McDermott played almost as tight as Marty Schottenheimer in a playoff game.  Unless you go toe to toe with KC in scoring points, there is no chance.  They just have too many weapons and score seemingly at will.  Instead, Bills went small ball.

Plus, they had absolutely no answer for Kelce.  Belicheat would have taken him out of the game with double/triple coverages, etc.   You guys blew this one big time.  How many times did we see Kelce going across the middle for a wide open 8/10 yard gain?  And let's just not cover him at all for that WIDE OPEN TD.  How the f*ck do you leave Kelce free in that spot?   Everyone in the know universe but Leslie Frazier knew to key on Kelce.  Frazier should have the spotlight shown on him today.

You guys had a great season.  Just got out played by a much better team.  But yesterday's performance was a a huge failure.  Again, McDermott needs to answer for the game plan on both sides of the ball. 

37 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

For me, the biggest problem was your HC.   Sean McDermott played almost as tight as Marty Schottenheimer in a playoff game.  Unless you go toe to toe with KC in scoring points, there is no chance.  They just have too many weapons and score seemingly at will.  Instead, Bills went small ball.

Plus, they had absolutely no answer for Kelce.  Belicheat would have taken him out of the game with double/triple coverages, etc.   You guys blew this one big time.  How many times did we see Kelce going across the middle for a wide open 8/10 yard gain?  And let's just not cover him at all for that WIDE OPEN TD.  How the f*ck do you leave Kelce free in that spot?   Everyone in the know universe but Leslie Frazier knew to key on Kelce.  Frazier should have the spotlight shown on him today.

You guys had a great season.  Just got out played by a much better team.  But yesterday's performance was a a huge failure.  Again, McDermott needs to answer for the game plan on both sides of the ball. 

Carlo... you need to answer for Santino.  :)

Good analysis but not sure anything can stop Kelce. He's moving into that territory of Gronk in his prime.  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe the '99 GSOT Rams were better on offense than the 2020 Chiefs. Put the Rams in this league, and give them the offense friendly rules and they would have put up even more points. The Chiefs D is much better than the Rams though. Back to the Rams offense. They had Kurt Warner, Ike Bruce, Big Game Holt, Hakim, Roland "Cuse" Williams at tight end who was not too shabby. Their "worst" receiver was Ricky Proehl who made that clutch touchdown catch vs the Bucs to get them to the Super Bowl. BTW, that Bucs team was nasty on defense...had a first team all-pro at each level of their defense.

If this Super Bowl was being played next week, I'd agree the Chiefs would win by double digits, but with 2 weeks to rest up and get ready, I see this game being very closely contested. 

It's a fair and fun debate.  Oddly, you neglected to mention the best player on that team.  Marshall Faulk. 

I think with Watkins back, and everyone healthy (hopefully) the KC offense will be truly unstoppable.  No knock on the Rams team, who were amazing and changed the game, but I am coming to believe that there is nothing any NFL defense can do to stop this version of the Chiefs when they are on their game.  You heard the stat yesterday that they get the deepest Safety coverage in the league, for good reason.  That's why Kelce and/or Hill are able to get the 5-10 yard dink passes all day.  If the defense move up on them, Hill and Hardman are gone against single coverage.  Now add Watkins to that, and Bell if he has anything left to give.  It's an absolute nightmare.  The only cause for concern might be the loss of Fisher on the OL.  It didn't seem to affect them yesterday but might in two weeks. 

This year's TB team is a pretty good defense, probably a bit better than the Bills in the run game at least.  But KC isn't really about the run...

30 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Carlo... you need to answer for Santino.  :)

Good analysis but not sure anything can stop Kelce. He's moving into that territory of Gronk in his prime.  

lol at "Carlo/Santino".

No denying Kelce is a difficult guy to cover.  Almost impossible.  Unless he gets hurt, Kelce will most likely become the best TE ever.  Unbelievable skills with ridiculous speed for his size.  

That said, he was open all night on crossing routes.  Every time KC needed a play, he was open.  No doubt Belicheat does not allow that to happen.  Maybe another player beats a Belicheat team, but it would not have been Kelce.  I just saw a few replays and not covering Kelce in the red zone for that easy, wide open TD should get Frazier fired.  Imagine if that had been the Jets who blew that coverage?  lol  Geez, this place would have lit up our HC/DC.

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

lol at "Carlo/Santino".

No denying Kelce is a difficult guy to cover.  Almost impossible.  Unless he gets hurt, Kelce will most likely become the best TE ever.  Unbelievable skills with ridiculous speed for his size.  

That said, he was open all night on crossing routes.  Every time KC needed a play, he was open.  No doubt Belicheat does not allow that to happen.  maybe another player beats a Belicheat team, but it would not have been Kelce.  I just saw a few replays and not covering kelce in the red zone for that easy, wide open TD should get Frazier fired.  Imagine if that had been the Jets who blew that coverage.  lol  Geez, this place would have lit up our HC/DC.

I simply remember year after year we couldn't cover Welker, Gronk, Amendola... it didn't matter.  It's not just Buffalo.  BUT yes, you and I will be worm food before we see a SB I fear.  At least we got to see all the good bands!

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, RocketBills said:

Here eveyday.  The bills future is bright and the afc east will be a cake walk for the next decade at least.  Enjoy be stuck behind the bills and dolphins!!  Probably the Patriots too.  Cheers!!

Congratulations on a great season and a very bright future. You gonna need a new trophy case for all those AFC East championship trophies. Probably safe to just use that old one you guys bought in the 80’s for the Lombardi. Good luck going forward. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I simply remember year after year we couldn't cover Welker, Gronk, Amendola... it didn't matter.  It's not just Buffalo.  BUT yes, you and I will be worm food before we see a SB I fear.  At least we got to see all the good bands!

Yeah, too many weapons for KC to cover everybody.  That team is like a Russ Meyer flick:  Stacked.  lol

And a day does not go by when I don't think about the rock shows I saw back then.   What an era.

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Totally agree and he admitted so much in his press conference after the game.  Said if he had to do it over again, he would much more strongly consider going for both 4th downs instead of the chip shot field goals.  But the thing about McDermott...he's a very smart man with a high football IQ.  He'll learn from this and be better because of it starting this offseason as the team continues to build with the purpose of taking down KC.  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Congratulations on a great season and a very bright future. You gonna need a new trophy case for all those AFC East championship trophies. Probably safe to just use that old one you guys bought in the 80’s for the Lombardi. Good luck going forward. 

Thank you and I hope you guys don't give up on Darnold.  Better coaching and skill players and let's see what he can do!