***OFFICIAL NFC + AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES THREAD***

10 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Thank you and I hope you guys don't give up on Darnold.  Better coaching and skill players and let's see what he can do!

As you should. Haha, Darnold needs a change of scenery, tuff for me because I was so excited to get him. But he’s been “ Gased” pretty badly. Between his upcoming payday and new regime I find it unlikely he’s here next year. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, RocketBills said:

Totally agree and he admitted so much in his press conference after the game.  Said if he had to do it over again, he would much more strongly consider going for both 4th downs instead of the chip shot field goals.  But the thing about McDermott...he's a very smart man with a high football IQ.  He'll learn from this and be better because of it starting this offseason as the team continues to build with the purpose of taking down KC.  

Dude, I love McDermott and what he has done for the Bills the last few years.  I'm hoping Saleh does at least the same for us.  Like Andy in Philly's big losses, I think he learns from this and makes you guys stronger next year.  

As others have said, you got beat not only by a conservative game plan, but by an absolute juggernaut in KC.   They are a massive challenge for anybody.

It just surprised me that McDermott went that conservative, especially with Josh and the weapons you guys have on offense.  I was expecting/looking forward to a back and forth slugfest.  Looked like he had channeled Marty Schottenheimer for yesterday's playoff game.

6 hours ago, RocketBills said:

Here eveyday.  The bills future is bright and the afc east will be a cake walk for the next decade at least.  Enjoy be stuck behind the bills and dolphins!!  Probably the Patriots too.  Cheers!!

What happened yesterday concentrate on the subject matter. 

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

For me, the biggest problem was your HC.   Sean McDermott played almost as tight as Marty Schottenheimer in a playoff game.  Unless you go toe to toe with KC in scoring points, there is no chance.  They just have too many weapons and score seemingly at will.  Instead, Bills went small ball.

Plus, they had absolutely no answer for Kelce.  Belicheat would have taken him out of the game with double/triple coverages, etc.   You guys blew this one big time.  How many times did we see Kelce going across the middle for a wide open 8/10 yard gain?  And let's just not cover him at all for that WIDE OPEN TD.  How the f*ck do you leave Kelce free in that spot?   Everyone in the know universe but Leslie Frazier knew to key on Kelce.  Frazier should have the spotlight shown on him today.

You guys had a great season.  Just got out played by a much better team.  But yesterday's performance was a a huge failure.  Again, McDermott needs to answer for the game plan on both sides of the ball. 

That was the game plan. Make KC go down the field and score with 10-12 play drives, shorten the game. Obviously, it didn't work. There's a reason they allowed all that underneath action. It's very difficult to play KC defensively. Play man coverage, Hill roasts you for 71 yard plays. Play zone, Kelce eats you alive.

Death by 1000 cuts was the method of torture McDermott chose last night.

• Sympathy 1