False Alarm: Bieniemy a Finalist for Texans Job

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If we give up #2 overall and two more first, 23 this year and one next year that could be anywhere.  The jet are giving up like 5 first rounders in relative value maybe much more.

We just watched houston happily deal tier 1st to miami and then fall on their ass, both the jets and seattle could have very high picks next year.

Also I'll say again look at player value not just a number.

We can massively upgrade 3 or 4 spots on the team over the next couple of years.

I understand that pick is more valuable than other firsts and is, in itself, worth multiple firsts. 

But the value of the #2 compared to the value of Deshaun Watson is not even close, correct? A sure thing, franchise quarterback is more valuable than any prospect at any position. A prospect = potential. Watson = already proven. 

So in my mind, regardless of other specifics in the parameters of this trade, the #2 must be included to get it done. Not only because it's the closest thing we have in value to Deshaun (even though it falls short in that regard) - but because it's our biggest differentiator compared to any other potential suitor. 

There is a point where the price becomes too high for me. And I'm more than happy to keep these picks, trade down and build out a supreme roster. That's the most likely scenario and one I am excited about. 

But I think the team is more competitive, over the long term, with the floated Daniel Jerimiah trade scenario than in the trade down from 2 scenario. And that trade is my limit in terms of what I'm willing to give up. 

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

ok QW is a bridge to far...NO WAY

but i kinda figured for the #3 QB in the NFL whos only 25 it would take 4 #1s and a few 2s

That guy, whoever he is, is on drugs. #2 overall and a ‘22 1st & ‘23 1st. That’s my limit. If JD can give them the Seattle ‘22 pick over our own, that’s gravy. 

JD sets a value and will stand by it. He won’t chase a player beyond his value.

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

If his background was a problem, why is he a hired member of the national football league? If his background is a problem he shouldn’t be in the league period.

Hes not the face or an organization, in a high profile position, the HC.  

Hes an OC who doesnt call plays.  In the shadow of a top HC.

With a shaky past

Race isnt the first thing that comes to mind

2 hours ago, riggy001 said:

You dont seem to get it, the #2 pick is actually worth 3 mid to late number ones, on the trade value charts. Get familiar with it before posting random, nonsensical trades. And no, the Jets are not trading all of their top picks in 2021 either.

Everyone gets it. Everyone has seen the trade value chart 1000 times. Everyone has seen other teams trade down from top-3 and get a bounty in return.

Everyone has also seen top 3 picks used on QBs who stink, including Darnold. Also on a DT. Also on a LT. Also on a RB. 

The #2 pick is worth 3 mid-late #1 picks if and only if you’re (a) staring at offers when the time comes, and (b) willing to wait until the draft to see if it happens.

In the process, you lose out on an opportunity that is there now, not later, and also presume that however many picks and however cushy the situation will lead to equal or better results than Watson minus those surrendered picks. 

Also lost in the analysis is how, while every QB needs a supporting cast, a team can get by without a couple 1st rounders on offense that the next rd1 drafted Jets QB will require. The Jets don’t get to benefit from these picks in a vacuum, assuming this purported windfall of mid/late round picks all pan out in the first place.

I’m in favor of trading down if the other option is another OT the team isn’t desperate to acquire. Not so if the alternate universe is a great, 25 year-old QB. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Everyone gets it. Everyone has seen the trade value chart 1000 times. Everyone has seen other teams trade down from top-3 and get a bounty in return.

Everyone has also seen top 3 picks used on QBs who stink, including Darnold. Also on a DT. Also on a LT. Also on a RB. 

The #2 pick is worth 3 mid-late #1 picks if and only if you’re (a) staring at offers when the time comes (b) willing to wait until the draft to see if it happens.

In the process, you lose out on an opportunity that is there now, not later, and also presume that however many picks and however cushy the situation will lead to equal or better results than Watson minus those surrendered picks. 

Also lost in the analysis is how, while every QB needs a supporting cast, a team can get by without a couple 1st rounders on offense that the next rd1 drafted Jets QB will require. The Jets don’t get to benefit from these picks in a vacuum, assuming this purported windfall of mid/late round picks all pan out in the first place.

I’m in favor of trading down if the other option is another OT the team isn’t desperate to acquire. Not so if the alternate universe is a great, 25 year-old QB. 

Add to this just to be able to look Giant & in my case Eagles fans and say “Yeah that’s my Quarterback “ the sense of pride and amazement that after 40+ years it has finally happened. 
amazed GIF

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Party was over before it even started.

You know you can edit your own posts, and add more, right?

You don't actually have to post every sentence in it's own post.....

Just say'in, when you see four of five posts in a row from one guy......yeah.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

You know you can edit your own posts, and add more, right?

You don't actually have to post every sentence in it's own post.....

Just say'in, when you see four of five posts in a row from one guy......yeah.

All about the post count, I guess...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

That guy, whoever he is, is on drugs. #2 overall and a ‘22 1st & ‘23 1st. That’s my limit. If JD can give them the Seattle ‘22 pick over our own, that’s gravy. 

JD sets a value and will stand by it. He won’t chase a player beyond his value.

hes only on drugs cause hes not a Jets fan. 

do you realize how good he is. hes the 3rd rank QB this year. only Mahomes and Rodgers were better. on a 4-13 team and 25 yr old. your not getting him for only 3 1st rd picks.

some people here think we can get a 1st rd  pick for Sam. the worst QB in the last 3 years. but the 3rd best is worth just 2 extra ones? 

if the roles were reverse and we had Watson and JD traded him for 3 #1s we would be flying planes and renting billboard that said : fire JD now : ..right this second. we wont wait till morning.

i dont think we get him anyway. but if he is available to us, i would watch Woody. he could overide JD. tell him to do whatever it takes. 

• Post of the Week 1

Reasons why Bieniemy has not been hired: 

There have been plenty of non-mainstream sources who have identified the reasons why he hasn't gotten a head coaching job. I've been happy to share stories that people choose not to believe, despite the fact that they come from a direct source - a former RB who played for him. He's not a great candidate. Period. He's a likeable guy and hell even a good coach to have on the staff, but he lacks the qualities required to be a head coach. He's not detail-oriented, he doesn't approach the interview with a general plan, he generalizes and gives round about answers to direct questions, he didn't provide scouting reports on players, he lacks long-term vision, he doesn't have great staff suggestions, all on top of the fact that he's not a skilled X's and O's guy nor does he call plays, he's not a QB whisperer. I got a comparison that may get under your skin: Trump. Eric Bieniemy approached his job interviews the way Trump approached his health care plan. Vague, not direct. 

If Bieniemy was white you know who he'd be? Pete Carmichael. Carmichael has been passed for over a decade now, and unlike Bieniemy (who coaches the least difficult position to coach in the NFL: Running Back), Pete actually specializes in QBs. Pete didn't interview well. Does that mean he's not a smart guy? No. Does it mean that there's some underlying racial narrative? No. The reason is Pete Carmichael, like former Jets' OC Dowell Loggains, is viewed as a clipboard holder. He knows how to connect with players, he's good at organizing and running meetings for the coach, he's proven to be a good positional coach and offensive coordinator, but otherwise he hasn't developed into what teams are looking for in a head coach who is responsible for the on-field product of a multi-billion dollar organization. 

It has nothing to do with race. But people like you, social media activists, and virtue signalers pout and cry that its all because of his skin color. It's not. If Bieniemy were "white", he wouldn't even get interviews. As I alluded to, a former RB - who now owns his own advisory firm to coaches/players - has said told me all of this on Bieniemy, and has added that based on his experience playing for him, he never once got the sense that he was coaching material. This person has married into my family, is liberal, and wants to see more black coaches get opportunities, yet even he is passing along reasons he's heard why he hasn't gotten a job yet. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Reasons why Bieniemy has not been hired: 

There have been plenty of non-mainstream sources who have identified the reasons why he hasn't gotten a head coaching job. I've been happy to share stories that people choose not to believe, despite the fact that they come from a direct source - a former RB who played for him. He's not a great candidate. Period. He's a likeable guy and hell even a good coach to have on the staff, but he lacks the qualities required to be a head coach. He's not detail-oriented, he doesn't approach the interview with a general plan, he generalizes and gives round about answers to direct questions, he didn't provide scouting reports on players, he lacks long-term vision, he doesn't have great staff suggestions, all on top of the fact that he's not a skilled X's and O's guy nor does he call plays, he's not a QB whisperer. I got a comparison that may get under your skin: Trump. Eric Bieniemy approached his job interviews the way Trump approached his health care plan. Vague, not direct. 

If Bieniemy was white you know who he'd be? Pete Carmichael. Carmichael has been passed for over a decade now, and unlike Bieniemy (who coaches the least difficult position to coach in the NFL: Running Back), Pete actually specializes in QBs. Pete didn't interview well. Does that mean he's not a smart guy? No. Does it mean that there's some underlying racial narrative? No. The reason is Pete Carmichael, like former Jets' OC Dowell Loggains, is viewed as a clipboard holder. He knows how to connect with players, he's good at organizing and running meetings for the coach, he's proven to be a good positional coach and offensive coordinator, but otherwise he hasn't developed into what teams are looking for in a head coach who is responsible for the on-field product of a multi-billion dollar organization. 

It has nothing to do with race. But people like you, social media activists, and virtue signalers pout and cry that its all because of his skin color. It's not. If Bieniemy were "white", he wouldn't even get interviews. As I alluded to, a former RB - who now owns his own advisory firm to coaches/players - has said told me all of this on Bieniemy, and has added that based on his experience playing for him, he never once got the sense that he was coaching material. This person has married into my family, is liberal, and wants to see more black coaches get opportunities, yet even he is passing along reasons he's heard why he hasn't gotten a job yet. 

I just wanted to comment before you got banned.