Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

sh*t,

people on here destroyed Matt Miller but believe in JetNation “insiders”. Can’t make this stuff up ??

Those JN insiders were right on Saleh, so not even counting the other times they were right they already have a higher batting average than Matt Miller

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao, I have no idea why you continue to be a massive douche-canoe about this.  Sh*t, I posted who one of my 2 sources was, uncensored, with their permission, in order to prove that I had someone with actual league-wide connections (farrrrrrrrr more than Matt Miller) corroborating my main source’s information to shut someone else up, but I guess that wasn’t enough.  FG was verified by the owner of this site.  It’s honestly amazing.  

It’s, also, borderline creepy that this is the 2nd or 3rd unsolicited post you’ve made about this in the last two days. Get a hobby and @ me next time.

I missed you releasing your source.  Don’t know why you caved to whoever pissed you off enough to do so, you have always been good with your info IMO.

• Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Lmao, I have no idea why you continue to be a massive douche-canoe about this.  Sh*t, I posted who one of my 2 sources was, uncensored, with their permission, in order to prove that I had someone with actual league-wide connections (farrrrrrrrr more than Matt Miller) corroborating my main source’s information to shut someone else up, but I guess that wasn’t enough.  FG was verified by the owner of this site.  It’s honestly amazing.  

It’s, also, borderline creepy that this is the 2nd or 3rd unsolicited post you’ve made about this in the last two days. Get a hobby and @ me next time.

Like Diddy said,  "Jealousy is a mother effer"

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I missed you releasing your source.  Don’t know why you caved to whoever pissed you off enough to do so, you have always been good with your info IMO.

It wasn’t my main source within the organization, but I came to Benjamin Allbright a while ago to share information and trade tidbits with.  After he corroborated all the information I gave him as legitimate, he started giving me some information (that ended up being completely accurate) and it carried on from there.  Sharing who he was was actually his idea because we were just BSng about how unbelievably frustrating it can be to have people call you a fraud or claim your making sh*t up for fun, so he gave me full permission to post some of our DMs regarding the Saleh situation, so I did in order to shut up another poster that harassed me over it.  That poster hasn’t shown his face since.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

6 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Deshaun, OBJ, Allen Robinson, AND Joe Thuney?! Go big JD

i dont want OBJ. he is another Jamal Adams.

great talent but will be a problem if we dont win, or if he doesnt get enough catches, or if someone makes more money at WR. 

no thank you

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, doitny said:

i dont want OBJ. he is another Jamal Adams.

great talent but will be a problem if we dont win, or if he doesnt get enough catches, or if someone makes more money at WR. 

no thank you

Maybe we can recruit all of our players from a Church league

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

It wasn’t my main source within the organization, but I came to Benjamin Allbright a while ago to share information and trade tidbits with.  After he corroborated all the information I gave him as legitimate, he started giving me some information (that ended up being completely accurate) and it carried on from there.  Sharing who he was was actually his idea because we were just BSng about how unbelievably frustrating it can be to have people call you a fraud or claim your making sh*t up for fun, so he gave me full permission to post some of our DMs regarding the Saleh situation, so I did in order to shut up another poster that harassed me over it.  That poster hasn’t shown his face since.

I know your sources know the Jets stuff and not what’s going on in Houston. Does anyone believe this is real within the organization? 

2 hours ago, genot said:

Have you ever heard of a player wanting to be involved in ownership decisions as to who sits in the front office and head coaching the team, then when he doesn't get his way, wants to bolt. What position they play has nothing to do with it.It's about elevating yourself above the other 52 players on the roster. It's an all about me attitude that he through his tweets and through others that is akin to the s... that Adams was pulling. How long Adams was pulling is of no relevance. 

You're pointing to only select bits of many rumors, conveniently limited to only those that fit your narrative, and ignoring many others that don't.  It's simply your cherry-picking of others' conjecture, when there has yet to be a single statement made by either side on the matter.

Yet your point of comparison is then to an endless stream of very public incessant whining, starting in the middle of a season and continuing on repeatedly, even throughout some slightly bigger issues impacting the entire league and, you know, the world.  All of those were factors in what became growing criticism of Adams over time, and your refusal to comprehend it doesn't change that reality.

This is no more than your own attempt at confirmation bias.  You most certainly don't have to want Watson on the team, but what you're going for is as completely full of crap as Adams himself.

Yet, even if all of your narrative were anywhere close to true, it still doesn't change the reality that a franchise QB is in fact more important to a team than a great many other players, infinitely more than a blitzing safety, so the attempted comparison of self-importance is still laughable on the face of it.  It's like trying to compare the demands of a company's CEO to that of its interns.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Mogglez, 

You post really good info and points of view. Insider info or not. However you clearly let trolls get to you too often. You literally shouldn't have to explain any of this to anyone.  

Pro Tip - Do not respond to the trolls and just go to the next legit poster that wants to have a legit football convo and respond to them. Rinse and Repeat. Alil something I learned after posting on these boards for almost 20 years now. 

Btw- Matt Miller is a joke.

You’re 110% right my friend.  Appreciate the tip.  I gotta start doing that.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, football guy said:

Am I supposed to feel sorry for him? He signed the contract... once you sign a 4-year extension and collect on it, you should expect that you're going to be playing there for at least 4-years. See Chicago Bulls/Scottie Pippen... the owner told him if you sign this deal, I expect you to honor this contract. Don't sign the deal if you can't honor it. Besides, there's ways around this: sign a shorter fully guaranteed extension, or don't sign an extension at all if you feel the situation is "so bad" that you can't waste your time there. He made his bed, he should have to sleep in it. 

I would agree with you if a team also honored the contract without cutting a player if he gets hurt, old, his performance drops, or they just feel like it.

Doesn’t work that way.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I would agree with you if a team also honored the contract without cutting a player if he gets hurt, old, his performance drops, or they just feel like it.

Doesn’t work that way.

Uh yeah it does work that way. It's within the print of the contract. When they sign a contract, they full well know they can be fired without cause. That's why player's negotiate clauses like "guaranteed for injury" or "no trade clauses" or "likely to be earned guarantees" to protect themselves from getting cut/traded... That's why they protected themselves with less base salary in exchange for more signing bonus money. It's not like players go into negotiations blind (and if they do that's their fault); they're fully aware (or should be) of the terms of the agreements they sign. If they have a problem with it, that is the time to address it, not after the contract is signed. If a player feels the contract no longer works for them, they can try to renegotiate. If that goes nowhere they have 3 options: (1) continue honoring the agreement; (2) hold-out and pay the price via fines; or (3) retire. 

Your stance is an emotional one looking from the the player's perspective. Realize that a player is 1 individual in an organization made up of over 1000 people, in some cases more. They can complain that the terms of the contract are unfair, but no one forces people to sign it. No one forces the player to play football in the NFL. They make that choice due to unparalleled earning power. If I were a player I'd feel shafted if I got cut without cause, but that's what I signed up for. If I wanted a job with more job security, I'd become a social worker... no risk it no biscuit. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s, also, borderline creepy that this is the 2nd or 3rd unsolicited post you’ve made about this in the last two days.

Are you serious? Did I @ you ? Did I mention you or anyone else for that matter?  Talk about a hit dog hollering ?

Things that’s creepy to you.... Nice,

Well what’s creepy TO ME is grown “men” getting emotional because someone doesn’t believe in the BS their selling.  What’s also creepy to me is JetNation “insiders” that comment under every post as if they are more knowledgeable than verified media sources.

Something else I find extremely creepy is  this idea that; “The owner of this site agreed with me and said I’m legit, so now you must believe me” - Mega creepy Imo

AND THE MOST CREEPY THING TO ME IS  GROWN MEN BASICALLY BEGGING TO BE BELIEVED ON A FORUM. ???

Maybe I should’ve started a thread kissing you and the other guys behind instead of writing a post on a thread that has nothing to do with you ?

Now,
GO TAG MODS AND TELL ON ME LIKE THE OTHER DUDE OR @ ME AS THE REASON YOU WONT GIVE ANYMORE “INTEL” SO THE HIVE MIND BELIVERS ON THIS SITE CAN ATTACK AND DOWNVOTE ME INTO OBLIVION ?

All I’m waiting for now is the “because the people like _________” post that will trigger the wolf pack ???

BUT REMEMBER YOU STARTED THIS BY COMMENTING UNDER MY POST ?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

17 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Are you serious? Did I @ you ? Did I mention you or anyone else for that matter?  Talk about a hit dog hollering ?

Things that’s creepy to you.... Nice,

Well what’s creepy TO ME is grown “men” getting emotional because someone doesn’t believe in the BS their selling.  What’s also creepy to me is JetNation “insiders” that comment under every post as if they are more knowledgeable than verified media sources.

Something else I find extremely creepy is  this idea that; “The owner of this site agreed with me and said I’m legit, so now you must believe me” - Mega creepy Imo

AND THE MOST CREEPY THING TO ME IS  GROWN MEN BASICALLY BEGGING TO BE BELIEVED ON A FORUM. ???

Maybe I should’ve started a thread kissing you and the other guys behind instead of writing a post on a thread that has nothing to do with you ?

Now,
GO TAG MODS AND TELL ON ME LIKE THE OTHER DUDE OR @ ME AS THE REASON YOU WONT GIVE ANYMORE “INTEL” SO THE HIVE MIND BELIVERS ON THIS SITE CAN ATTACK AND DOWNVOTE ME INTO OBLIVION ?

All I’m waiting for now is the “because the people like _________” post that will trigger the wolf pack ???

BUT REMEMBER YOU STARTED THIS BY COMMENTING UNDER MY POST ?

image.png.3ccd09f1fd9404c9930b27d45ea3a8a7.png

http://www.jesusfreesusblog.com/fear/the-cure-for-the-insecure-overcoming-the-illness-and-infection-of-insecurity/

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s, also, borderline creepy that this is the 2nd or 3rd unsolicited post you’ve made about this in the last two days.

Because of the Mega-thread I missed that one. Can you direct me to that post, IM me or share again? I’d appreciate it! Thanks

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Uh yeah it does work that way. It's within the print of the contract. When they sign a contract, they full well know they can be fired without cause. That's why player's negotiate clauses like "guaranteed for injury" or "no trade clauses" or "likely to be earned guarantees" to protect themselves from getting cut/traded... That's why they protected themselves with less base salary in exchange for more signing bonus money. It's not like players go into negotiations blind (and if they do that's their fault); they're fully aware (or should be) of the terms of the agreements they sign. If they have a problem with it, that is the time to address it, not after the contract is signed. If a player feels the contract no longer works for them, they can try to renegotiate. If that goes nowhere they have 3 options: (1) continue honoring the agreement; (2) hold-out and pay the price via fines; or (3) retire. 

Your stance is an emotional one looking from the the player's perspective. Realize that a player is 1 individual in an organization made up of over 1000 people, in some cases more. They can complain that the terms of the contract are unfair, but no one forces people to sign it. No one forces the player to play football in the NFL. They make that choice due to unparalleled earning power. If I were a player I'd feel shafted if I got cut without cause, but that's what I signed up for. If I wanted a job with more job security, I'd become a social worker... no risk it no biscuit. 

A contract isn't slavery. Specific performance is only legally-sanctioned in extremely rare circumstances and has never been enforced against an athlete and never will. The player's right to withhold his labor is a basic human right as guaranteed by the Constitution and specifically the 13th Amendment. You haven't been able to force a man to the job site in 155 years in this country.

In contrast, an NFL team's right to end a contract early is governed by league-made law negotiated with a substantial power differential between parties. The league is also notorious for its use of money and influence to secure numerous exceptions to the laws that govern the rest of us including Anti-Trust and Labor & Employment law -- just imagine for a minute getting fined for going to work in the wrong shoes or if you tell your boss that due to the working conditions, you don't want to work for him anymore.

Yes, I'm on the side of the player in this situation. It wasn't always so. Many years ago I had your position and would debate with @slats a lot. But he convinced me. Well, him and becoming a lawyer.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

How do you know his agent leaked any of that?

Well if it isn’t his agent it’s Watson himself....failure to see this is simply naive.

Watson could make this all go away very easily by publicly announcing that there is no basis to any of this and that he is absolutely 100% going nowhere and fully committed to playing for Houston...he could kill this very easily, but he hasn’t.

There is very little to separate him from Adams at this point, JA started off with ‘rumblings’ and ‘sources’ before eventually escalating to demanding a trade.....Watson wants to create the stir but not step up and take ownership of it, hence the hiding behind his representatives and leaks to guys like Schefter......you can argue that’s entirely his right and simply the way these things happen in modern sport, some might argue it’s pretty cowardly and pathetic ....the bottom line is any portrayal of Watson as some kind of saint is ludicrous.

if you want to turn your franchise over to that then all well and good, but if it goes to sh!t nobody can claim they didn’t see it coming 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And no one is asking for you to feel sorry for Watson.  Only to admit that the Texans are far more in the wrong on this one than Watson is.  His reasons for wanting out are more than legitimate.  Suggesting otherwise means you're just not paying attention.

But sure, take the side of the possibly racist billionaire owner, who hired a con man to run his team.  That's a good look!

"A contract is a contract! How dare the player hurt the team! He should just be happy to be getting paid to play a game!"

-Me as a 12-year old.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, football guy said:

Joe Montana and Brett Favre were at the end of their careers with 1-year left on their contracts, retiring/unretiring, and the teams wanted to move forward with their young, promising players (Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young, who won an MVP during the 2 years Montana didn't play...). Totally different situations and although the QB wanted to come back and start for their teams, I could understand the team not wanting them to/the player wanting out. 

Yes, Carson Palmer was a coward as well, but at least he was a man of his word. He retired and forfeited his salary instead of playing for the team he felt let him down. He was very transparent about his desire to move on and didn't use excuses and narratives for wanting out (i.e. social injustice, head coach selection, gm selection, etc.). In the end, he retired, and the Bengals traded him when it made sense to. In order to facilitate a trade, he took a pay-cut. 

As far as Jay Cutler, the team tried trading him in a deal to acquire Matt Cassel and he found out about it. In fact, the team wanted to deal him. At that point he asked the team to trade him. He didn't make demands, he didn't turn to the media, he didn't make up reasons for not wanting to be there, and most significantly, he didn't sign an extension 5-months prior then say "I refuse to play here." The team wanted to move on from him. 

I'm being foolish? OK pal. Stafford went to the team and proposed a mutual breakup. They convinced him to wait and allow them to discuss it with candidates and let it all play out. In the end, they all agreed. This is also a Stafford who didn't sign a contract 5 months ago... this is also a Stafford who didn't use the media as a means to pull every single excuse out of the bag as to why he didn't want to play for the Lions anymore. He did it professionally, and I won't get into the hypotheticals of what he would've done if the Lions say no. That's not my department. But if he started leaking to the media that he wants out because of X-Y-Z I would say yes he's a coward. He signed a contract; if he asked to be traded and the team said no, either live with it or retire. Period. 

It's very clear-cut for a non-fanatic to see: Deshaun Watson signed his contract 4 months and 20 days ago. If he was displeased he should have not signed. If he wanted to protect himself from being stuck in Houston he could've signed a shorter agreement or none at all. He could've negotiated a no-franchise tag clause among other things. They didn't. Sorry, his agents are being a bunch of cucks. They screwed up, and now they're trying to use different narratives to explain why they want out. In my mind this is no different than Myles Garrett smashing a guy in the head with a helmet and saying "well I did it because of a racial slur he used that no one else heard"... Please. 

If Deshaun gets traded to the Jets for a reasonable amount I'll be thrilled. That said, I don't have to blindly defend the guy. I think what his reps are doing is cowardice and unprofessional. 

I'm perfectly willing to admit my hypocrisy by overlooking what Watson is actually doing just to get him on the team after criticizing Jamal for doing the same. My concern is whether Watson is going to pull the same routine in NY after 2 years. 

31 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm perfectly willing to admit my hypocrisy by overlooking what Watson is actually doing just to get him on the team after criticizing Jamal for doing the same. My concern is whether Watson is going to pull the same routine in NY after 2 years. 

I always, 100% of the time, support the player. Doesn't mean he's making a good decision (see Le'Veon Bell) but it's his right to do what he believes is in his own interest.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Quick, remind me us what your opinions of Patrick Mahommes was pre draft. ?

In 1974, Stephen Hawking bet Kip Thorne (the theoretical physicist who was scientific consultant for the blockbuster "Interstellar") that black holes did not exist. Although, he later described it as a sort of emotional hedge.

Einstein created the "cosmological constant" to make the math work because he could not accept what the numbers showed him -- that the universe was expanding. He later called it the biggest blunder of his life and remember, this is a guy who married his first cousin.

If someone has ever been wrong, they are not a reliable source -- JN logic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

A contract isn't slavery. Specific performance is only legally-sanctioned in extremely rare circumstances and has never been enforced against an athlete and never will. The player's right to withhold his labor is a basic human right as guaranteed by the Constitution and specifically the 13th Amendment. You haven't been able to force a man to the job site in 155 years in this country.

In contrast, an NFL team's right to end a contract early is governed by league-made law negotiated with a substantial power differential between parties. The league is also notorious for its use of money and influence to secure numerous exceptions to the laws that govern the rest of us including Anti-Trust and Labor & Employment law -- just imagine for a minute getting fined for going to work in the wrong shoes or if you tell your boss that due to the working conditions, you don't want to work for him anymore.

Yes, I'm on the side of the player in this situation. It wasn't always so. Many years ago I had your position and would debate with @slats a lot. But he convinced me. Well, him and becoming a lawyer.

Equating an employment contract in which players are compensated with millions of dollars, benefits, health insurance, 4 months vacation, and pension to slavery is pretty tone deaf. You’re 100% right, a player has the right to withhold labor. Never said he wasn’t. But to force a trade is petty and cowardice. Put your money where your mouth is; sit out or retire. Maybe then the team will comprehend your threat is real (willing to forego earnings) and will trade you.

Many years ago I had the players side in mind. Then I too became a lawyer and owner of my own business and realized that socialist forms of capitalism (i.e. the NFL) exist, and players have the right to pursue it or decline it. There’s a trade-off: wealth and fame in exchange for NFL rules (while maintaining legal standards). If the player doesn’t want to be apart of it, they’re free to join an amateur league or pursue another career. It may not be fair from that perspective, but it’s what the players sign up for... it’s not the olympics or a country owned league; it’s a business. 

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

Equating an employment contract in which players are compensated with millions of dollars, benefits, health insurance, 4 months vacation, and pension to slavery is pretty tone deaf. You’re 100% right, a player has the right to withhold labor. Never said he wasn’t. But to force a trade is petty and cowardice. Put your money where your mouth is; sit out or retire. Maybe then the team will comprehend your threat is real (willing to forego earnings) and will trade you.

Many years ago I had the players side in mind. Then I too became a lawyer and owner of my own business and realized that socialist forms of capitalism (i.e. the NFL) exist, and players have the right to pursue it or decline it. There’s a trade-off: wealth and fame in exchange for NFL rules (while maintaining legal standards). If the player doesn’t want to be apart of it, they’re free to join an amateur league or pursue another career. It may not be fair from that perspective, but it’s what the players sign up for... it’s not the olympics or a country owned league; it’s a business. 

I disagree with everything you wrote here, nothing personal.

And courts deal with questions of constitutionality/enforceability of non-compete clauses and specific enforcement of employment contracts as a 13th amendment issue, so if you think it's tone deaf, your quibble is not with me. As a lawyer, you already know that the full text of the 13th Amendment is:

Section 1

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

I disagree with everything you wrote here, nothing personal.

And courts deal with questions of constitutionality/enforceability of non-compete clauses and specific enforcement of employment contracts as a 13th amendment issue, so if you think it's tone deaf, your quibble is not with me. As a lawyer, you already know that the full text of the 13th Amendment is:

Section 1

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Section 2

Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Take a step back and think about what you suggested in your original statement. You’re equating Deshaun Watson’s stance to slavery as it pertains to the 13th amendment because he’s unsatisfied with the organization he works for. It couldn’t be further from it. Deshaun, or any other player for that matter, is free to retire. Case dismissed. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

Take a step back and think about what you suggested in your original statement. You’re equating Deshaun Watson’s stance to slavery as it pertains to the 13th amendment because he’s unsatisfied with the organization he works for. It couldn’t be further from it. Deshaun, or any other player for that matter, is free to retire. Case dismissed. 

An illusory choice is not a choice. To spare our fellow posters from this scintillating Constitutional debate, feel free to PM me if you wish to continue it.