Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

4 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

He has had his agent tell Schefter he is never playing a down in Houston again. 

People tried to March for him. He said please cancel.

Just to make sure Frazier or Bienemy understand that he’s not playing for Houston he had his agent leak he’s not playing for either of them so they don’t take the job.

He’ll be a Jet or Dolphin by the start of FA. 

How do you know his agent leaked any of that?

31 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

For someone who continually rags on all the Deshaun threads, I find it hilarious that you’re always trolling here. Why is that? Inquiring minds want to know. 

This was an established thread that was merged. Not some thread an attention seeking dude made bc he was bored

1 hour ago, genot said:

No Choon. I think it's fairly certain though that the reports about him wanting a say in who would be hired as GM, and HC, are true. The fact that he didn't get his way is leading to all this talk now about him wanting out. The comparison with Adams is the me, me, attitude. 

Private behind-the-scenes stuff not being discussed, with lots of media speculation, is in no way comparable to a nearly year-long constant public temper tantrum featuring accusations that were repeatedly proven to be complete lies.

If you don't like Watson's situation, that's your prerogative, but the equation you're trying to push is complete nonsense, and that's even before getting into the laughable concept of trying to equate anything involving a franchise QB to that of a safety whose lone skill is blitzing.

• Upvote 4

I am willing to give up those Jamal picks for Watson. I get he is elite, but giving up the #2 overall and two or more additional first round picks is hard to swallow. If they believe that a rookie can be great.. go get one of them. Just, not Sam. Rookie, overpay Watson, and never let Sam take another snap for us again. My choices. Bless you thank you.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

The Office Ugh GIF by Romy

why not Bobbo? It's the internet.

it's relatively anonymous.

14+ years in the doldrums of corporate america.  and I mean the doldrums.

selling my soul to pad my 401K, get my car paid for, get stock options, taking it up the proverbial ass from anyone and everyone...

I come here for one reason and one reason alone: to entertain myself.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Private behind-the-scenes stuff not being discussed, with lots of media speculation, is in no way comparable to a nearly year-long constant public temper tantrum featuring accusations that were repeatedly proven to be complete lies.

If you don't like Watson's situation, that's your prerogative, but the equation you're trying to push is complete nonsense, and that's even before getting into the laughable concept of trying to equate anything involving a franchise QB to that of a safety whose lone skill is blitzing.

Have you ever heard of a player wanting to be involved in ownership decisions as to who sits in the front office and head coaching the team, then when he doesn't get his way, wants to bolt. What position they play has nothing to do with it.It's about elevating yourself above the other 52 players on the roster. It's an all about me attitude that he through his tweets and through others that is akin to the s... that Adams was pulling. How long Adams was pulling is of no relevance. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, flgreen said:

It's funny how much of a circus the media has made out of this .   "The damage has been done, Watson will not play for the Texans no matter who they hire"

The truth is, Watson hasn't demanded a trade.  All he's done so far is play around on twitter.

I'll pay attention when he actually demands to be traded.  Until then all it is is noise intended to get hits

This tweet is in reference to Watson being upset at the Texans for trading Hopkins (2) and then after they hired their new GM while Watson was on vacation he took his frustration to a 10.

We may not have heard "I demand a trade" but there is plenty of smoke to this fire. This one is just from the horses mouth.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, genot said:

Have you ever heard of a player wanting to be involved in ownership decisions as to who sits in the front office and head coaching the team, then when he doesn't get his way, wants to bolt. What position they play has nothing to do with it.It's about elevating yourself above the other 52 players on the roster. It's an all about me attitude that he through his tweets and through others that is akin to the s... that Adams was pulling. How long Adams was pulling is of no relevance. 

How many young QBs on mega deals get told they'd have a say in front office decisions? It doesn't happen because top 5 QBs don't usually lose their HC or GM. If Watson was told he'd have a say and they went back on it, that is entirely in the Texans.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

why not Bobbo? It's the internet.

it's relatively anonymous.

14+ years in the doldrums of corporate america.  and I mean the doldrums.

selling my soul to pad my 401K, get my car paid for, get stock options, taking it up the proverbial ass from anyone and everyone...

I come here for one reason and one reason alone: to entertain myself.  

staring draymond green GIF

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

How many young QBs on mega deals get told they'd have a say in front office decisions? It doesn't happen because top 5 QBs don't usually lose their HC or GM. If Watson was told he'd have a say and they went back on it, that is entirely in the Texans.

We don't know if that was part of the reason why he signed that deal. I haven't seen any report that the Texans agreed to let Watson in on any decision like thst.

56 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Wow. Your right. Texans did say he'd have a say in the decision. Texans hired Korn Ferry and they suggested Omar Khan and others. Cesario wasn't on the list. This puts an entirely different light in the subject. The Texan's are reaping what they've sowed.

• Upvote 1