Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Virtually this entire board wants Watson..and willing to give up 3 to 4 first round picks for him.

You're literally writing this is a 26 page thread - where the VAST majority of this board desperately want Watson. 

107 of 220 votes for trading for Deshaun Watson. The next closest was 48 votes for trading out of #2. This fan base has waited 50 years for a title.... @slimjasi saying we subconsciously are rascist is utterly absurd 

• Post of the Week 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Virtually this entire board wants Watson..and willing to give up 3 to 4 first round picks for him.

You're literally writing this is a 26 page thread - where the VAST majority of this board desperately want Watson. 

I understand. 

It doesn't change the fact that I have seen numerous people on here compare Justin Fields to Geno Smith . . . 

Watson is a no-brainer. It's impossible to pretend that Watson sucks without looking like an idiot. But someone like Fields is a much easier target. 

David Culley likely getting hired by Texans, which tells you everything you need to know: they're going to try their hardest to rebuild their relationship with Deshaun.

Also, I like seeing that Richard Sherman has become a player advocate for the Jets when he's not even on the Jets

image.png

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

107 of 220 votes for trading for Deshaun Watson. The next closest was 48 votes for trading out of #2. This fan base has waited 50 years for a title.... @slimjasi saying we subconsciously are fascist is utterly absurd 

I didn't write that you were subconsciously fascist (or racist, for that matter :))

I wasn't even directing my comment to anyone on this board. 

But people tend to dismiss black QBs rather quickly. 

1 minute ago, football guy said:

David Culley likely getting hired by Texans, which tells you everything you need to know: they're going to try their hardest to rebuild their relationship with Lamar.

Also, I like seeing that Richard Sherman has become a player advocate for the Jets when he's not even on the Jets

image.png

Deshaun

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

In the evaluation stage, for sure. Watching people say how Zack Wilson is a “perfect fit” for the Shanahan offense because he’s “mobile and accurate” yet dismiss Watson, who completed over 70% of his passes this year and ran for 440+ yards is curious ?

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I understand. 

It doesn't change the fact that I have seen numerous people on here compare Justin Fields to Geno Smith . . . 

Watson is a no-brainer. It's impossible to pretend that Watson sucks without looking like an idiot. But someone like Fields is a much easier target. 

That's because Fields is extremely similar to Geno Smith as a prospect on the field with the exception that he is more talented/better built/more of a leader. Playing style? Extremely similar. Doesn't mean Fields can't be great. Just as Geno could've been great. But they are flawed prospect 

Take off your anti-racism goggles and maybe you'll see it too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I didn't write that you were subconsciously fascist (or racist, for that matter :))

Provide examples without mentioning Lamar, who absolutely is a "running back playing QB". 

Just now, football guy said:

Provide examples without mentioning Lamar, who absolutely is a "running back playing QB". 

Provide examples who weren't the MVP of the league last year. Ok. Eh, rough starting point, huh? 

Well, now that I think about it, Watson during the 2017 draft is a classic example . . . 

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I apologize, I didn’t mean to say you were directing that at anyone. Jets fans would be accepting of Bill Belichick being our QB if it brought us a title. I thought Geno was good value in the 2nd and excited to have an athlete at the Qb position. Unfortunately that experiment did not work out. Fields/Lance... I’m good with anyone as long as we win. Deshaun is my preference

• Upvote 1

Shall we do a tape breakdown or are you too busy painting your sign in preparation for the blm protest?

Oh, wow. 

Triggered, huh? 

Aren't you one of the guys who wants to bring back Darnold? 

LOL, tape breakdown. I would recommend getting over yourself sooner than later.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Provide examples who weren't the MVP of the league last year. Ok. Eh, rough starting point, huh? 

Well, now that I think about it, Watson during the 2017 draft is a classic example . . . 

Lamar Jackson put up MVP stats. Sure. 

You really think he's an elite QB? Or is he an elite athlete whose running ability and exotic scheme led to receivers (TE and speedy slot receivers) running wide open nearly every play due to LBs/Ss/nickel freezing on RPOs, fearing Lamar would run?

Clown

• Thumb Down 1

Lamar Jackson put up MVP stats. Sure. 

You really think he's an elite QB? Or is he an elite athlete whose running ability and exotic scheme led to receivers (TE and speedy slot receivers) running wide open nearly every play due to LBs/Ss/nickel freezing on RPOs, fearing Lamar would run?

Clown

Why are you so mad? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Oh, wow. 

Triggered, huh? 

Aren't you one of the guys who wants to bring back Darnold? 

LOL, tape breakdown. I would recommend getting over yourself sooner than later.  

I'm triggered because you're a race baiting clown. You are what is wrong with this country and modern day society. 

I'm not white. I'm probably more "black" than you are. However, I was raised understanding that two wrongs don't make a right. 

Reverse racism is racist. You're being a racist. Let's end this before it gets dark real fast. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

I'm triggered because you're a race baiting clown. You are what is wrong with this country and modern day society. 

I'm not white. I'm probably more "black" than you are. However, I was raised understanding that two wrongs don't make a right. 

Reverse racism is racist. You're being a racist. Let's end this before it gets dark real fast. 

What?

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

What?

You read me. Leave your echo chamber for a few minutes, maybe listen to some Thomas Sowell to gain other sorts of perspective, and come back when you've learned a thing or two. 

Not everyone has to agree and people are free to have their own opinions, but keep the "subconsciously racist" sh*t out of here. I will not stand to read about someone who tries to shame any demographic of people whether they be white, black, yellow, green, blue, or pink. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3

You read me. Leave your echo chamber for a few minutes, maybe listen to some Thomas Sowell to gain other sorts of perspective, and come back when you've learned a thing or two. 

Not everyone has to agree and people are free to have their own opinions, but keep the "subconsciously racist" sh*t out of here. I will not stand to read about someone who tries to shame any demographic of people whether they be white, black, yellow, green, blue, or pink. 

Listen man

trust me when I tell you - you have no clue what my politics are. no clue. Bringing up BLM and other political stuff was all your doing and totally beyond the pale. It has nothing to do with anything I posted. 

Take a chill pill.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Listen man

trust me when I tell you - you have no clue what my politics are. no clue. Bringing up BLM and other political stuff was all your doing and totally beyond the pale. It has nothing to do with anything I posted. 

Take a chill pill.

No idea what you're learning or where you learned it but it's pretty awful. Reverse discrimination is just as harmful as discrimination itself. I'll leave it at that

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Listen man

Take a chill pill.

Whats beyond the pale is you starting this nonsense by essentially saying all white people are subconsciously racist but not explicitly racist. 

Your statement by merit is racist. 

There was no need for you to start up with this nonsense in a thread about trading for Watson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, DetroitRed said:

And Walter Williams passed away recently.  Its Black history month, but those in charge of education will ignore Sowell, Williams and Clarence Thomas.  Doesn't fit their agenda

It's amazing what society has become. I personally have always been open to many different schools of thought. Definitely lean more their way but I recognized people of different perspectives and learned from them. The era of these guys are over. Thomas Sowell literally one of the smartest people I've ever listened to. Now people just want to listen to those who shout headline material, and Sowell is the enemy. Damn shame. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Whats beyond the pale is you starting this nonsense by essentially saying all white people are subconsciously racist but not explicitly racist. 

I didn't say this and I certainly don't think all white people are subconsciously racist. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

It's amazing what society has become. I personally have always been open to many different schools of thought. Definitely lean more their way but I recognized people of different perspectives and learned from them. The era of these guys are over. Thomas Sowell literally one of the smartest people I've ever listened to. Now people just want to listen to those who shout headline material, and Sowell is the enemy. Damn shame. 

spongebob squarepants GIF

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I didn't say this and I certainly don't think all white people are subconsciously racist. 

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Don't back off. 

You are 100% correct. The vast majority of these folks are not consciously racist. They are subconsciously racist. 

Hmmm, what do you mean, these folks? 

mad people GIF

• Upvote 3

Just now, bgivs21 said:

What do you mean, these folks? 

mad people GIF

I was talking about people who would say something like "Watson is slightly better than Darnold" 

and then I commented that I've seen numerous people compare Justin Fields to Geno Smith and that I think it might be part of the same "symptom."

I really think you guys need to chill. I don't dislike white people. My wife is white. I love her. 

I think you are looking for a controversy where there is none. 

• Upvote 1