Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Another one. This is why we can't have nice things.

Another what? You know what, nevermind don't answer that.

Look I don't care to go back and forth, and I ding care about the rest of your but that statement (along with the BLM one) was incredibly foolish, I couldn't help but literally roll my eyes. That's all I'll say.

Carry on...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

So what’s up guys we gonna go get Deshaun or what 

Until it actually happens, I'm going to say no. Which is why I don't even really want to speculate on this anymore. 

We're basically participating in mental masturbation, jacking ourselves off to something we have no control over

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

LOL

thanks

Legitimately shocked at how mad you are. You're blowing this up in your head, man. 

I guarantee you that we agree on more than you think . . . 

You're right I have cooled. Apologies if I offended, but I hate the race baiting nonsense. It's doing more harm than good in society and strikes a nerve

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

You're right I have cooled. Apologies if I offended, but I hate the race baiting nonsense. It's doing more harm than good in society and strikes a nerve

I legitimately did not mean to race bait.

The wording on my OP was too strong and I did not mean to imply that I think all white people(or any group of people) are subconsciously racist. 

I overreacted to Todd supposedly saying that Watson is only slightly better than Darnold - which I didn't even hear him say. But I found that sentiment to be ludicrous. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TommyT said:

Regarding Watson - Pro Football Network’s Tony Pauline reported, based on conversations that he’s had, that “speculation by league decision-makers at the Senior Bowl [has] smart money on the New York Jets.”

But who is the "smart money" here?  I've been sitting back and watching smart money get obliterated by short squeezes in the stock market today.  Sure, the Jets may be a serious contender but the simple math of new HC + highest and most draft picks + underwhelming current QB = Watson is a little lazy, right?

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People are all jumping on the jets bandwagon on this simply because they have the resources and a big ? at QB.  It's default but I have not seen on real shred of evidence the jets brain trust has expressed interest.

I don't know if they have any interest or not, but I do know if the FO, or CS, even mention his name in their sleep the NFL will be taking that #2 pick.  

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I legitimately did not mean to race bait.

The wording on my OP was too strong and I did not mean to imply that I think all white people(or any group of people) are subconsciously racist. 

I overreacted to Todd supposedly saying that Watson is only slightly better than Darnold - which I didn't even hear him say. But I found that sentiment to be ludicrous. 

This is a good place for this discussion 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

It's amazing what society has become. I personally have always been open to many different schools of thought. Definitely lean more their way but I recognized people of different perspectives and learned from them. The era of these guys are over. Thomas Sowell literally one of the smartest people I've ever listened to. Now people just want to listen to those who shout headline material, and Sowell is the enemy. Damn shame. 

You can believe what you about racism and striking nerves and what not, but Thomas Sowell is the dude that racists cite as some kind of trump card for supporting their own racist views.

Don’t act like having a convo about this is something awful. Imagine being on the receiving end of racism in this country (actual racism not your sensitivity to the topic). Id say it feels worse than this convo. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 4

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People are all jumping on the jets bandwagon on this simply because they have the resources and a big ? at QB.  It's default but I have not seen on real shred of evidence the jets brain trust has expressed interest.

Would that be tampering? No teams have shown any interest as far as I know.

7 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You can believe what you about racism and striking nerves and what not, but Thomas Sowell is the dude that racists cite as some kind of trump card for supporting their own racist views.

Don’t act like having a convo about this is something awful. Imagine being on the receiving end of racism in this country (actual racism not your sensitivity to the topic). I imagine it’s far worse than this convo. 

Very curious as to what racist views Thomas Sowell supports or conveys?  I ask as a Black man.  And i will head to the club for the response.  Sorry mods 

1 hour ago, football guy said:

David Culley likely getting hired by Texans, which tells you everything you need to know: they're going to try their hardest to rebuild their relationship with Deshaun.

Also, I like seeing that Richard Sherman has become a player advocate for the Jets when he's not even on the Jets

image.png

Seriously what is up with Sherman? He’s like a Jets mole on the Niners.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Very curious as to what racist views Thomas Sowell supports or conveys?  I ask as a Black man.  And i will head to the club for the response.  Sorry mods 

If you, like him, think systemic racism doesn’t exist and that years of slavery, followed by an era of reconstruction that included Jim Crow and other measures of systemic discrimination, oppression and methods to develop the economic gap of wealth between white people and black people, then there’s nothing I can say to you other than have fun believing Thomas Sowell’s BS. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, King P said:

Until it actually happens, I'm going to say no. Which is why I don't even really want to speculate on this anymore. 

We're basically participating in mental masturbation, jacking ourselves off to something we have no control over

Who says it's all mental, buddy?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Don’t act like having a convo about this is something awful. Imagine being on the receiving end of racism in this country (actual racism not your sensitivity to the topic). Id say it feels worse than this convo. 

Having a conversation isn’t awful, insinuating that the majority of people who aren’t in love with a QB prospect because of his skin color is. 

For the record I have been on the end of racism. Not only am I Sicilian/Italian, I’m Syrian, Lebanese, and Egyptian. I’ve been called plenty of things. Would I claim that I know what it feels like to be in other’s shoes? No; I can only know my own shoes. I don’t look in the mirror and see “white” and I’m empathic to all backgrounds. I am a proponent of the Denzel Washington/Morgan Freeman school of thought (stop dividing people primitively by colors which don’t even accurately represent those people). I agree racism exists. But this anti/reverse racism, apologist rhetoric, and “white guilt” is ******* disgusting. 

Thomas Sowell is one of the smartest men this country has ever seen. I can’t speak for how other people cite his works, but it seems as though the left simply seek to put him in a box because he’s not liberal, and since he’s not liberal, he stokes racism. Tired of the nonsense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

6 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

If you, like him, think systemic racism doesn’t exist and that years of slavery, followed by an era of reconstruction that included Jim Crow and other measures of systemic discrimination, oppression and methods to develop the economic gap of wealth between white people and black people, then there’s nothing I can say to you other than have fun believing Thomas Sowell’s BS. 

Someone obviously isn't a fan.

I'd do your own research rather than taking the word of a stranger off the internet. Might as well start his Wiki page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Someone obviously isn't a fan.

I'd do your own research rather than taking the word of a stranger off the internet. Might as well start his Wiki page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

This is literally from the wiki page you linked:

Sowell thinks that systemic racism is an untested, questionable hypothesis that is a piece of propaganda pushed on the American people. Sowell has said that “it really has no meaning that can be specified and tested in the way that one tests hypotheses" and "it’s one of many words that I don’t think even the people who use it have any clear idea what they’re saying". He has argued that it is a propaganda tactic akin to those used by Joseph Goebbels because it comes with an attitude that it must be "repeated long enough and loud enough" till it is believed and people "cave in" to it.[46][47]

like come on dude at least skim it 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Tranquilo said:

This is literally from the wiki page you linked:

Sowell thinks that systemic racism is an untested, questionable hypothesis that is a piece of propaganda pushed on the American people. Sowell has said that “it really has no meaning that can be specified and tested in the way that one tests hypotheses" and "it’s one of many words that I don’t think even the people who use it have any clear idea what they’re saying". He has argued that it is a propaganda tactic akin to those used by Joseph Goebbels because it comes with an attitude that it must be "repeated long enough and loud enough" till it is believed and people "cave in" to it.[46][47]

like come on dude at least skim it 

Yeah bud, not everyone believes in systemic racism. He's entitled to his opinion and you're entitled to yours. The difference is you go around spouting your opinion as fact. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

You clearly haven’t read or listened to enough Sowell. He does not suggest that systemic racism doesn’t exist, but rather, it’s not nearly as widespread. He cites info supporting that the implementation of the New Deal (and the welfare programs that have followed)—while positively intended—led to systemic economical and socioeconomical issues among the minority communities which were not their fault. He does not suggest that racism doesn’t exist nor does he disagree with the existence of systemic racism, rather, it’s not nearly as widespread as modern society would want you to believe it to be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, bgivs21 said:

Yeah bud, not everyone believes in systemic racism. He's entitled to his opinion and you're entitled to yours. The difference is you go around spouting your opinion as fact. 

Yes and I said he thinks systemic racism doesn’t exist. Did you even read my original post? 

Just now, football guy said:

You clearly haven’t read or listened to enough Sowell. He does not suggest that systemic racism doesn’t exist, but rather, it’s not nearly as widespread. He cites info supporting that the implementation of the New Deal (and the welfare programs that have followed)—while positively intended—led to systemic economical and socioeconomical issues among the minority communities which were not their fault. He does not suggest that racism doesn’t exist nor does he disagree with the existence of systemic racism, rather, it’s not nearly as widespread as modern society would want you to believe it to be. 

The New Deal worked against black people because it wasn’t meant for black people. On top of that, after unions strengthened, things got worse because these unions were racist and discriminated against black people, ergo, all of this is systemic racism. 

I don’t know why you would think the New Deal isn’t part of the system. 

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Yes and I said he thinks systemic racism doesn’t exist. Did you even read my original post? 

Except you're attacking him for that opinion and basing it on the fact that your completely different opinion is factual.