Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All that really needs to be said, but thanks for coming to bat for me.

I've changed my profile and cover photos in honor of the man who's about to do so much to change the fortunes of the Jets for the better. 

What scares me is that Deshaun is gonna read this thread and find out about Staten Island.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Except you're attacking him for that opinion and basing it on the fact that your completely different opinion is factual. 

Where did I attack him? I told what he believes and gave reasons why I think it’s BS. 

2 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

I thought there wasn't so supposed to be politics in these topics. 

Although I'm enjoying the rest of it. 

lol at the Easterby avatar.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

At least the guy with all the inside info will be the cause of the topic that needs inside info to become closed. 

It really wasn't @football guy that got us down here. It was a different poster that got us dowb this rabbit hole

• Upvote 2

As much as I want to jump into the debate... 

In this instance, probably best for everyone to agree to disagree and take a step back. 

Would hate to see the number 1 thread on the board about the most important current Jets situation get locked 28 pages in. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Where did I attack him? I told what he believes and gave reasons why I think it’s BS. 

You called anyone that would present his arguments a racist, which is essentially calling him a racist, which is interesting because he's black. 

Good thread though, wonder if we'll end up with Watson.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

You called anyone that would present his arguments a racist, which is essentially calling him a racist, which is interesting because he's black. 

Everyone I’ve seen do it before is racist.  And so now you’re saying black people can’t be racist? I guess that kills the reverse discrimination point. Okay. 

EDIT: you’re also confusing two different people

Just now, Untouchable said:

LOL

A comic nerd with a Punisher avatar must be a white supremacist!!

Waaahhhhh

More like a comic nerd doesn’t read comics very well if he doesn’t understand what I’m saying 

Just now, Untouchable said:

LOL

Waaahhhhh

I don't think Frank Castle likes white supremacists.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

If you, like him, think systemic racism doesn’t exist and that years of slavery, followed by an era of reconstruction that included Jim Crow and other measures of systemic discrimination, oppression and methods to develop the economic gap of wealth between white people and black people, then there’s nothing I can say to you other than have fun believing Thomas Sowell’s BS. 

Yes, Jim Crow is alive and well today.  I’m hitting the back of the BX52 tomorrow on my way to work.  Proving,   I’m systematically oppressed 

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

Waaahhhhh

Glad I didnt choose Moon Knight as my avatar, he would probably think I'm in the KKK or something lol. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Yeah bud, not everyone believes in systemic racism. He's entitled to his opinion and you're entitled to yours. The difference is you go around spouting your opinion as fact. 

It’s funny. I personally believe that these things are too complex to label absolutely yes or absolutely no. 

In the most moderate of perspectives, one thing has truly amazed me this past year: the same group who believe (widespread) systemic racism absolutely exists believe that widespread (systemic) election integrity is a conspiracy theory. The same legal framework that can’t prove election integrity issues (whether by fraud or suppression) can’t prove racism...

People need to stop trying to insinuate that there must be a subconscious qualifier/motive to explain every decision/position that doesn’t favor their perspective, i.e. the only reason why Justin Fields is rated lower is because of systemic racism. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Maybe some people are racists and thus don’t like the concept of a minority QB, but most? And if they don’t like him it’s because of subconscious racism? Jesus Christ.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

Everyone I’ve seen do it before is racist.  And so now you’re saying black people can’t be racist? Okay. 

Or maybe everyone you've seen present his ideas before isn't actually racist just because they hold a different world view than you. 

shocked keanu reeves GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
1 minute ago, bgivs21 said:

Or maybe everyone you've seen present his ideas before isn't actually racist just because they hold a different world view than you. 

shocked keanu reeves GIF

🔥🔥🔥🔥

2 minutes ago, football guy said:In the most moderate of perspectives, one thing has truly amazed me this past year: the same group who believe (widespread) systemic racism absolutely exists believe that widespread (systemic) election integrity is a conspiracy theory. The same legal framework that can’t prove election integrity issues (whether by fraud or suppression) can’t prove racism...

You keep revealing yourself. Yikes 

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

It’s funny. I personally believe that these things are too complex to label absolutely yes or absolutely no. 

In the most moderate of perspectives, one thing has truly amazed me this past year: the same group who believe (widespread) systemic racism absolutely exists believe that widespread (systemic) election integrity is a conspiracy theory. The same legal framework that can’t prove election integrity issues (whether by fraud or suppression) can’t prove racism...

People need to stop trying to insinuate that there must be a subconscious qualifier/motive to explain every decision/position that doesn’t favor their perspective, i.e. the only reason why Justin Fields is rated lower is because of systemic racism. It’s absolutely ridiculous. Maybe some people are racists and thus don’t like the concept of a minority QB, but most? And if they don’t like him it’s because of subconscious racism? Jesus Christ.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

The New Deal worked against black people because it wasn’t meant for black people. On top of that, after unions strengthened, things got worse because these unions were racist and discriminated against black people, ergo, all of this is systemic racism. 

I don’t know why you would think the New Deal isn’t part of the system. 

I’m explaining a specific scenario where Sowell explains that systemic issues that disadvantage minority communities (which people call racist) do exist... you said he doesn’t believe in systemic racism, which is totally false. 

He doesn’t believe it is as widespread as modern society wants people to believe, rather, the concept and existence is abused as a propoganda tool. 

16 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

At least the guy with all the inside info will be the cause of the topic that needs inside info to become closed. 

I definitely didn’t help but I didn’t start it and the person I disagreed with already made peace. Can we get back to Deshaun now or...? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
5 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

Good thread though, wonder if we'll end up with Watson.

He absolutely did.  Then went back more than half a century to prove his point.  Even hundreds of years.