Deshaunapolooza ****Official Deshaun Watson Speculation Megathread**** (Merged eleventy bajillion times)

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Funny how they all lost their minds , when a few hundred congressmen were pushed out of their cave a few weeks back, but when Black businesses in Minnesota were being burned and looted, they wanted less police.  And people who vote for them supported it.

https://i.imgflip.com/mayvd.jpg

• Haha 3

Just now, football guy said:

Guess what, we agree on something! Redlining existed and it was horrible. Major strides have been made to correct it. Doesn’t happen over night unfortunately. It’s also not proof of widespread systemic racism, nor does it mean that having Justin Fields as an inferior QB prospect to Zach Wilson can only be explained by subconscious systemic racism. 

It’s just one example of systemic racism and the reason I brought it up is because it’s a big reason for the wealth gap. You can’t have redlining for generations and not expect that to affect the present. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

What happens if the Texans hire Culley... and Deshaun still wants out?

Is he only being hired because of his past good relationship with Deshaun? 

Do you think Culley has successfully reached out to Deshaun yet before accepting?

I think we’ll still see speculation that he’ll want out, but then slowly things will calm down and there will be a coombyya (don’t know how to spell it lol)

1 minute ago, Tranquilo said:

It’s just one example of systemic racism and the reason I brought it up is because it’s a big reason for the wealth gap. You can’t have redlining for generations and not expect that to affect the present. 

Alright well we’re done. Talk about Deshaun now

2 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

Jeezus dude just look it up. It’s not about businesses. 

Same concept just this time being applied to businesses to get those people out of owning these businesses so “other” groups can.  I know what it means stop, just because you can’t see it not my fault.

7 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Funny how they all lost their minds , when a few hundred congressmen were pushed out of their cave a few weeks back, but when Black businesses in Minnesota were being burned and looted, they wanted less police.  And people who vote for them supported it.

But those were “mostly peaceful” burnings...

LOL

Mostly a bunch of upper middle class, white, far left college kids who have never worked a day in their lives “fighting for the cause”.

It’s beyond hysterical

But everyone eats it up. Because it’s part of the plan.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Same concept just this time being applied to businesses to get those people out of owning these businesses so “other” groups can.  I know what it means stop, just because you can’t see it not my fault.

So you’re comparing generations of redlining to months of businesses closing (businesses owned by all ethnicities and groups of people)? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

What happens if the Texans hire Culley... and Deshaun still wants out?

Is he only being hired because of his past good relationship with Deshaun? 

Do you think Culley has successfully reached out to Deshaun yet before accepting?

Whether it is to appease Watson or not the guy will probably be a steadying influence on a team in disarray.

At the very least the Texans have positioned themselves out of the black hat role.  If Watson leaves now it is on him.  Hey they are one of the few teams to hire a minority coach.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Whether it is to appease Watson or not the guy will probably be a steadying influence on a team in disarray.

At the very least the Texans have positioned themselves out of the black hat role.  If Watson leaves now it is on him.  Hey they are one of the few teams to hire a minority coach.

Fair enough, I think you're on to something.

This could get interesting, not this thread, of course, it's like Jack Easterby is 'guest-moderating' this sh*t, but the Deshaun situation.

If he still wants out now, I think the price goes down. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Yep every single person that disagrees with you is a racist, this is exactly my point. Why bother engaging with you in intricate debate if your mind is already made up. You clearly have no capacity to listen/reflect/understand anyone's counter argument.

So why bother? I could waste my time giving you a rock solid dissertation on opposing viewpoints and you're just going to claim anything other than your viewpoint is wrong/racist, no matter how much logic is behind it. 

Huh? Did you miss me getting called a reverse racist tribalist? But because you agree, that’s cool? Tf is the difference? 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Dude stop.  Enjoy yourself tonight.  If I have to explain it to you then your not worth the time.

Please explain because you just said businesses getting closed is racially driven as if black people, Latinos and Asians don’t own businesses. And you then compared it to redlining. Tf?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't want to lock this thread but it's getting close.  Another mod may drop the hammer anyway, but why don't we move away from the talk about race in a thread about Watson being speculated to the Jets.

Honestly, just do it. At least then I can leave without the fear of missing something.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Black hat?  

9 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I don't want to lock this thread but it's getting close.  Another mod may drop the hammer anyway, but why don't we move away from the talk about race in a thread about Watson being speculated to the Jets.

I feel for you man. And what could be even more frustrating is if this megathread gets locked, we all know what's going to happen RE: Deshaun threads... 

image.png.d186adda347f4d2ad729644bf97e685e.png

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Watson’s agent making the larger point that Todd McShay is a huge dipsh*t racist, but interesting that he uses as his examples two QBs tied to the Jets in Darnold and Wilson. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Lol it's true not racist.

You think Watson is only "may be slightly better than Darnold"??

4 hours ago, Shockwave said:

If this whole thing is a movie about Deshaun getting moved to NY - This man would be the Hero in it. This man is on top of the situation minute to minute. Love it 

I think calling T0mShane a "hero" is a bit much.

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Deshaun

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In context of this conversation, a pretty amusing slip-up lol

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

3 hours ago, football guy said:

Lamar Jackson put up MVP stats. Sure. 

You really think he's an elite QB? Or is he an elite athlete whose running ability and exotic scheme led to receivers (TE and speedy slot receivers) running wide open nearly every play due to LBs/Ss/nickel freezing on RPOs, fearing Lamar would run?

Clown

Hi. Are you an attorney? Also, You don't think Lamar is elite?

3 hours ago, football guy said:

I'm triggered because you're a race baiting clown. You are what is wrong with this country and modern day society. 

I'm not white. I'm probably more "black" than you are. However, I was raised understanding that two wrongs don't make a right. 

Reverse racism is racist. You're being a racist. Let's end this before it gets dark real fast. 

How are you "more black" and what does that mean? Inquiring minds wanna know. Thanks.

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Whats beyond the pale is you starting this nonsense by essentially saying all white people are subconsciously racist but not explicitly racist. 

Your statement by merit is racist. 

There was no need for you to start up with this nonsense in a thread about trading for Watson. 

I don't think he said all white people are subconsciously racist. That seems like a weee stretch.

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

giphy.gif

Wtf is that thing? Its on TLC so assuming he lost 300 lbs recently?

1 hour ago, Spoot-Face said:

Well, this thread had a good run.

Who wants to start the next one?

haha! Thats what I'm saying. @joewilly12, this is why we need new threads about the same topic when new pertinent updates come out. Reading this sloppy butt juice fest was painful and all to read that nothing new has happened.

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

LOL

A comic nerd with a Punisher avatar must be a white supremacist!!

Waaahhhhh

I wish Thomas Jane got another crack at it without Travolta. 

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

image.gif.b00f59299ff675bd1f4bfd9db35612bb.gif

Pop pop!

25 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Seriously, who the fu(k is David Culley? What an awful couple months for the Texans. 

Better them than us, amiright??

high five brian scalabrine GIF by NBC Sports Boston

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/kiMB-YdbuBKy_2StuEPBdJ4xfN6GboEGQZt5EjQgEVq6s4ffINlDGfAOa5fcp4IReB5lcc6JfCvZCjDKuwEwWlJW9COP0gOKIC0HRgzI5XxDtvkhkmQ7AwPWyMrME_ueuA

You ever see that video of that douche bot getting beat up by that pre-teen kid? Only time he's ever been funny.