Would you rather have Stafford, Darnold or a rookie QB?

12 hours ago, Bronx said:

Screenshot_20210125-205746.png

He's 6'3" - there are countless charts showing him at 6'3" - even the one you listed is showing him at 6'3".  I honestly wonder your problem with the kid.  Why is he lying? As opposed to any other QB's listing?810557733_ScreenShot2021-01-26at8_27_30AM.thumb.png.08137f569b2506c923e5f5918b1c997d.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.27.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.26.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.27.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.26.45 AM.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sam.

Obviously the rookie. Stafford would obviously be better than Simple Sam, but he's not worth the investment as we're not set up to win now.

Personally? Stafford > Rookie > Darnold Stafford is a known, solid veteran who would help the Jets compete instantly.  Not win the Division or playoff games, but compete, week in, week

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He's 6'3" - there are countless charts showing him at 6'3" - even the one you listed is showing him at 6'3".  I honestly wonder your problem with the kid.  Why is he lying? As opposed to any other QB's listing?810557733_ScreenShot2021-01-26at8_27_30AM.thumb.png.08137f569b2506c923e5f5918b1c997d.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.27.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.26.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.27.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 8.26.45 AM.png

Nothing against his skills. The kid has some bad ass skills, cannon arm and accuracy. However, there are other variables that can't be ignored such as little to no pressure, competition and inconsistent history. We will soon find out his small frame which is about 6' 1/2 to 6'2, 200-210. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. 

It's just hard to trust this rookie QB class. I rather have Watson or Stafford, proven QBs.

• Upvote 1

Captain Morgan starts.  Fields or Wilson takes over after the bye unless Morgan turns out to be the next Tom Brady in which case we package Fields or Wilson for a high No. 1 in 2022.

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Captain Morgan starts.  Fields or Wilson takes over after the bye unless Morgan turns out to be the next Tom Brady in which case we package Fields or Wilson for a high No. 1 in 2022.

Not a knock on you but what do you think the odds are that the Jets, after searching for a FQB for 50 years, are going to land 2 at the same time?

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

If Sam Darnold were a Dolphin or a Patriot, every person on this website would be hoping he signed a big extension this offseason.

My objectivity self-test: if the Fins did the same move the Jets just did, would I be laughing or worried?

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not a knock on you but what do you think the odds are that the Jets, after searching for a FQB for 50 years, are going to land 2 at the same time?

The odds of getting one are astronomical.   If we’re going to use statistical models as the basis we should use our draft capital on an in the box safety.  

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Nothing against his skills. The kid has some bad ass skills, cannon arm and accuracy. However, there are other variables that can't be ignored such as little to no pressure, competition and inconsistent history. We will soon find out his small frame which is about 6' 1/2 to 6'2, 200-210. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. 

It's just hard to trust this rookie QB class. I rather have Watson or Stafford, proven QBs.

We're mostly agreed.

I would much rather Watson. but want nothing to do with Stafford, all the skill in the world just doesn't know how to win.  We don't need another mediocre QB.

For me it's Watson or Wilson at 2 (surely a risk but one worth taking - it's not like next year's QB are going to be sure things)

And yes, we'll find out his real size soon enough.  I tend to think these guys don't lie nearly as much as they used to.  I was certain they were lying about Baker's heights pre-combine - but it turns out he was the height he said he was.  I learned my lesson there.

But, of course you could be right.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We're mostly agreed.

I would much rather Watson. but want nothing to do with Stafford, all the skill in the world just doesn't know how to win.  We don't need another mediocre QB.

For me it's Watson or Wilson at 2 (surely a risk but one worth taking - it's not like next year's QB are going to be sure things)

And yes, we'll find out his real size soon enough.  I tend to think these guys don't lie nearly as much as they used to.  I was certain they were lying about Baker's heights pre-combine - but it turns out he was the height he said he was.  I learned my lesson there.

But, of course you could be right.

I won't be upset if it is Wilson, worried about his health? Yes.

Rookie,Sam,Stafford in that order. The only thing going for Sam is Gase is no longer there to hurt him more. If they stick with Sam maybe a new HC and OC can get him playing like he should be. But Saleh doesn't seem too keen on that right now unless he is holding back.

Watson - First choice, and would pursue aggressively

Stafford - Underrated, would be a good get at a fair price. 3-5 years of high level play left in the tank. We would be playoff contenders.

Keep Sam, try to trade down, probably draft Smith at #2. Keep building....

Put all my money on Red or Black and pray (QB at 2), not recommended