Some Thoughts About the NFC Championship

TMAC

Besides Tom Brady's greatness, two things stick out: 1) The Packers allowing that deep TD pass right before the half; and 2) Matt "the Kicker" LaFleur's decision to kick the field goal instead of going for the TD.  Adam Gase would be proud of that call.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, RoadFan said:

Best tweet I saw regarding the choice to kick a FG.

"Did Mike McCarthy just hack into Lafleur's headset?"

Yea, can't believe he called for that and expected his defense to get them the ball back. It reminded me of Pete Carroll not running Beast...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Brady threw three picks and they should have lost.

Aaron Rogers int near the end of the 1st half was big.

Rogers is very overrated in the grand scheme of things.

Build the oline and build your team in all areas, neither of these QBs 'won' this game.

Lol, Rodgers is not the reason they lost the game. And that INT should have been a penalty for grabbing. 

You need a team AND a QB, that hasn't changed. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Lol, Rodgers is not the reason they lost the game. And that INT should have been a penalty for grabbing. 

You need a team AND a QB, that hasn't changed. 

Rogers has been given credit for virtually every thing for 13 years and has never taken an ounce of blame.  It is always someone else fault.

• Sympathy 1

Rogers has been given credit for virtually every thing for 13 years and has never taken an ounce of blame.  It is always someone else fault.

I agree, that’s why I made the point about McCarthy and the Packers. Many posters on here bash McCarthy, meanwhile the Pack have not won a Super Bowl without him thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Rodgers is a fraud.  He has 17 4th quarter comebacks in his career.  Thats it!

Thats behind greats like jake delhomme, jon kitna, jake plummer, ryan tannehill, jay cutler, andy dalton etc.  He should never be mentioned in any conversation regarding an all time great qb.

Heres the list

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

The NFC is weak at the moment. Green Bay are probably the best team in it, but blew it tonight.

Even Green Bay fall into the 'good, not great' category. Tampa Bay are a hastily-assembled team of free agent mercenaries, New Orleans are fools gold, LA Rams and Seattle are one-dimensional. 

It's a conference populated by aging or mediocre quarterbacks. 

Most of the teams in the AFC have a brighter future than their NFC counterparts. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

The NFC is weak at the moment. Green Bay are probably the best team in it, but blew it tonight.

Even Green Bay fall into the 'good, not great' category. Tampa Bay are a hastily-assembled team of free agent mercenaries, New Orleans are fools gold, LA Rams and Seattle are one-dimensional. 

It's a conference populated by aging or mediocre quarterbacks. 

Most of the teams in the AFC have a brighter future than their NFC counterparts. 

I think its about to blow up in seattle.  I can see them having a season like the texans did this year.

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I think its about to blow up in seattle.  I can see them having a season like the texans did this year.

Inclined to agree, something feels off there in Seattle. They haven't really drafted that well recently and its catching up to them. New Orleans is another team that could implode a little. Cap hell and no QB. Green Bay are making a name for themselves as the team destined to come up short when it matters. 

If the Niners could get their injured players back and source an upgrade on Garoppollo, they could be the team to dominate. 

Whoever drafts the next great young QB in the NFC will likely go on a run.