If Bill Bellichick was such a genius,, then why didn't they keep Tom Brady for 2 more seasons?

Alka

3 minutes ago, jetsQuebec said:

Who said he was a genius in a Jets forum ?? ?? 

The Genius Bill Bellechick, when he is ready to give his speech going into the Hall of Fame, should ask Tom Brady to stand up theire with him so that Bill can kiss Tom's butt in front of the entire NFL fans.

Only then should Bill Bellicheck be allowed to go into the Hall of Fame.

• Sympathy 1

Belichick made a bad error with Cam, who was one of the worst passers the league has ever seen this year. Brady didnt play all that well today, but is now on a loaded roster.

I wouldnt count on the Pats being totally dead. They'll improve at QB next season. 

• Upvote 3

The great Bill Bellicheck is not such a genius without Tom Brady, is he?  I wonder if Bill is regretting not doing everything they could to keep Tom?

This has become quite apparent. Insecure Belicheat had to show his success wasn’t due to Brady. How’d that work out for ya Bill?

PS: Guess who has a career losing record without Tom?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

its all about the QB.

yeah Bill has had the G.O.A.T all these years but if you gavehim a QB like Watson, do you think he wins only 4 games EVER!!! no hes probably playing KC today.

if Favre stayed here 2 more years instead of going to Minnesota we win 2 SBs. and Rex is the greatest coach in Jet History. 

its all about the QB. you have a good one and are a decent coach you can win

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Because Belichick isn’t a genius

He just lucked into the greatest QB to ever step on a football field in the 6th round.

Without Brady, Belichick is what he is. A mediocre coach with a career losing record.

In truth I feel that Bill Parcells is a better HC...

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh. F*** both of them but any proof garnered from this season is the way a child would run a split test, as though their situations were anywhere the same.

Judge Brady if he was QB of the NYJ in 2020 with all its poor offense/roster assembly and injuries, rather than walking into TB with 2 top-10 WRs and then Gronk following him, all on a rock solid OL, and a D that finally got its act together.

Judging Brady’s would-be win total with the 2020 Jets or Jaguars is about on par with BB coaching the 2020 version of Cam Newton. 

Or alternatively, move Belichick to coach an all-star team with a different QB, and leave Brady in NE to throw to no receivers and a handful of starters opting out of the season, and see them win 4-5 games like Houston or Detroit. 

That will be the day when I champion either one of these insufferable cheaters with or without the other.

Brady at times looked great today, but he also threw 3 picks.   He was not the world beater we saw in NE at all this year, could be from age, could be from no BB, could be from a lot of things but to compare TB and BB seasons this year is like comparing apples and oranges 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Anthony Jet said:

Brady at times looked great today, but he also threw 3 picks.   He was not the world beater we saw in NE at all this year, could be from age, could be from no BB, could be from a lot of things but to compare TB and BB seasons this year is like comparing apples and oranges 

Brady just threw for over 4600 yards and 40 TD’s in his mid-40’s.

People keep saying that the guy is bound to fall off yet it never happens.

Would it honestly surprise anyone if he’s still playing at a high level and competing for championships every year when he’s pushing 50?

Because I’m done doubting him

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Would it honestly surprise anyone if he’s still playing at a high level and competing for championships every year when he’s pushing 50?

I think his point of saying it’s apples & oranges is more that it’s a lopsided comparison.

Let’s see Brady do that on the 2020 Jets - at any age - and instead hand Belichick the Bucs roster of pro bowlers with a minimally competent QB. I don’t for a minute think he (or the team) would be as bad as we saw with Darnold, but he’s not throwing for 4600 yards and 40 TDs either. Maybe not even half that before a DT breaks him in half after one of a Jets-patented turnstile whiff. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I think his point of saying it’s apples & oranges is more that it’s a lopsided comparison.

Let’s see Brady do that on the 2020 Jets - at any age - and instead hand Belichick the Bucs roster of pro bowlers with a minimally competent QB. I don’t for a minute think he (or the team) would be as bad as we saw with Darnold, but he’s not throwing for 4600 yards and 40 TDs either. Maybe not even half that before a DT breaks him in half after one of a Jets-patented turnstile whiff. 

Sure, the guy has a great supporting cast, but Mahomes has the best supporting cast in the league and is 20 years younger.

It’s still nuts what the guy is doing at 43. He leaves New England for a brand new team with brand new teammates and coaches and immediately waltzes back to the Super Bowl while Belichick couldn’t even achieve .500 without him.

Just 10 years ago people were blown away that Favre was still hanging around at 38/39. Meanwhile Brady is still having MVP-esque seasons and going to his 10th Super Bowl and he’s half a decade older than that.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Meh. F*** both of them but any proof garnered from this season is the way a child would run a split test, as though their situations were anywhere the same.

Judge Brady if he was QB of the NYJ in 2020 with all its poor offense/roster assembly and injuries, rather than walking into TB with 2 top-10 WRs and then Gronk following him, all on a rock solid OL, and a D that finally got its act together.

Judging Brady’s would-be win total with the 2020 Jets or Jaguars is about on par with BB coaching the 2020 version of Cam Newton. 

Or alternatively, move Belichick to coach an all-star team with a different QB, and leave Brady in NE to throw to no receivers and a handful of starters opting out of the season, and see them win 4-5 games like Houston or Detroit. 

That will be the day when I champion either one of these insufferable cheaters with or without the other.

So essentially, you’re saying Brady is in fact smarter than Belichick. 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Brady really could be the first guy to play at 50 if he’s even 70% of himself just because of his name. He won’t seriously compete though at that age. 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Belichick has a losing record without Brady and didn't make the playoffs in NE the 3 seasons he didn't play. That debate is over, Brady made Beli

• Upvote 2